Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [v31.12] Moods and FPS?  (Read 677 times)

ZephyrFox

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
[v31.12] Moods and FPS?
« on: July 30, 2010, 03:30:10 pm »

Whenever I get a moody dwarf that has a request that I can't fulfill, my framerate crashes into the gutter.  From ~500 to 20-40 fps.  If the dwarf goes nuts or I get lucky and manage to trade for the item they want, FPS immediately spikes back up.  Any ideas on how to fix this?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [v31.12] Moods and FPS?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 03:33:42 pm »

This probably is caused by a dwarf looking at every tile for said items. Try to submit it on the bugtracker, I think only Toady One can fix that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

scira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 03:44:56 pm »

As a temporary solution, if the old dwarves stay indoors or forbidding mood materials exploits still work, you could keep him gathering stuff you have plenty of until you get what he needs. The downside is that I don't think they can go insane from this so you might have to put up with it for a long time.

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 03:50:23 pm »

Actually, the old forbidding exploit has a new face - you just give him a burrow that restricts his access to the workshop that he is going to build his artifact in.  He will be unable to start work on his project if his workshop is outside his burrow, so he just collects things forever until you let him back to his workshop.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare