Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: DF Vanilla-Spice Revised 1.2 - Bonus Civs and Armor Sharing!  (Read 1947 times)

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
Re: DF Vanilla-Spice Revised 1.2 - Bonus Civs and Armor Sharing!
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2019, 07:36:22 am »

Version 1.2 has been posted! Further improvements to animalmen (esp. bears, canines and big cats) and the inclusion of some bonus animalman civs to try out.

Other QOL changes include MATERIAL_VALUE:2 for all colored stones, Goethite (bog iron) for slightly easier metals access, training maces/hammers, and a greatly reduced list of domestic animals for Dwarven civilizations so that you don't drown in migrant pets of quite so many flavors. Give it a try!
Bonfire Mod 2.0: Now with "accidents!"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58806.0

Better Bugmen 1.2 - Now with Battle Beetles and War Worms!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169946.msg7713750#msg7713750

Asin

• Bay Watcher
  • A short and sturdy creature fond of modding.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 07:34:11 pm »

You know what's something that isn't in DF despite it making a lot of sense? Skunk spray! We have skunks in DF, yet they cannot spray, which is strange. Perhaps this mod could fix this?

P.S. this is just a suggestion

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2019, 11:25:01 am »

You know what's something that isn't in DF despite it making a lot of sense? Skunk spray! We have skunks in DF, yet they cannot spray, which is strange. Perhaps this mod could fix this?

P.S. this is just a suggestion

Good idea

CarpBiter2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2019, 02:28:39 am »

-Dwarf civs have fewer domestic animals by default to reduce migrant pet clutter; use only Mules, Dogs, Cats, Sheep, Yaks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I would argue for adding an egg laying bird and probably pigs (since they don't graze).
The lake unfroze, the ducks drowned.

Taffer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2019, 11:08:29 pm »

Thank you for releasing and supporting this! I'll have to look through it for features to add back to Revised.

I can definitely see both of our branches continuing simultaneously: I think you enjoy collecting features more than I do, and having this as an option is helpful because I don't have to feel quite as guilty saying no to things. Then I can continue to look to Vanilla-Spice Revised for new features and you can continue to look to regular Revised for stability and polish.

I'm open to suggestions!
Taffer's Tilesets: better colours, improved yet faithful graphics.
Dwarf Fortress Revised: balance, fixes, and convenient features. Every creature has a better description!

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2019, 12:58:08 pm »

Thank you for releasing and supporting this! I'll have to look through it for features to add back to Revised.

I can definitely see both of our branches continuing simultaneously: I think you enjoy collecting features more than I do, and having this as an option is helpful because I don't have to feel quite as guilty saying no to things. Then I can continue to look to Vanilla-Spice Revised for new features and you can continue to look to regular Revised for stability and polish.

I'm open to suggestions!

Always good to hear from you. I'll definitely be considering some more extreme options/modules, such as more abilities for megabeasts and creatures. One lofty goal is syndromes granted by eating the raw heart of a megabeast, which gives adventurers a reward for their feats of daring.
Bonfire Mod 2.0: Now with "accidents!"
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=58806.0

Better Bugmen 1.2 - Now with Battle Beetles and War Worms!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169946.msg7713750#msg7713750

brolol.404

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2019, 02:42:36 pm »

Always good to hear from you. I'll definitely be considering some more extreme options/modules, such as more abilities for megabeasts and creatures. One lofty goal is syndromes granted by eating the raw heart of a megabeast, which gives adventurers a reward for their feats of daring.

I just did code for this same thing for one of my mods if you want it.
Pages: 1 [2]