Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309417 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.04] Fortress Defense Mod II R v19: Full Armor Carnage!
« Reply #1035 on: July 10, 2016, 05:59:03 pm »

Plump Helmet Invaders
Ever wanted to get crushed by Plump Helmets? This is your chance! Just click on the link above, download, and get owned!

The next update for the main mod is also out.

---Changes for 0.19b R5.5

-Nerfed Hellfire imps: reduced frequency of dragonfire and increased time to arrival
-Removed conflicting biorhythm tags from Pandashi and Badgermen
-Reduced the amount of teeth in Fortress Defense Races
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 06:11:01 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Jazerus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Visitors that are also building destroyers, such as Great Fiend Spiders, are friendly, but follow their building destroyer AI - they just trample around the fort knocking over statues, slabs, etc. and then they leave.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Visitors that are also building destroyers, such as Great Fiend Spiders, are friendly, but follow their building destroyer AI - they just trample around the fort knocking over statues, slabs, etc. and then they leave.

I'm actually surprised Great Fiend Spiders can visit; they've never been friendly in my test games. Any other building destroyer visitors you've encountered? Most of them probably aren't supposed to be doing so.

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile

I'd really like a version of Fort Defense that restores the ability to install only individual civs (although it's not hard to do manually, it's just a nice convenience)

Also, is there any way to make them a bit...  less prolific?  The fort defense races often end up choking out other races to a somewhat absurd degree.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

9tails

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do Hellfire Imps really use dragonfire? That seems kinda hardcore. I just had a magma-proof entrance construction melt nearly instantly and the rest of the fort followed shortly.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Do Hellfire Imps really use dragonfire? That seems kinda hardcore. I just had a magma-proof entrance construction melt nearly instantly and the rest of the fort followed shortly.

Which version are you using?

I'd really like a version of Fort Defense that restores the ability to install only individual civs (although it's not hard to do manually, it's just a nice convenience)

Also, is there any way to make them a bit...  less prolific?  The fort defense races often end up choking out other races to a somewhat absurd degree.

That's a project I could get around to with more time. I try not to maintain too many alternate versions because of the pain of updating them all. Maybe this weekend.

The Fortress Defense races are equally adaptable for all land biomes, as best as I recall. Isolating them to fewer biomes would go a long way towards restricting their expansion rate.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 10:35:51 pm by darkflagrance »

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a project I could get around to with more time. I try not to maintain too many alternate versions because of the pain of updating them all. Maybe this weekend.

The Fortress Defense races are equally adaptable for all land biomes, as best as I recall. Isolating them to fewer biomes would go a long way towards restricting their expansion rate.
Hi there, I've been testing your kid out, and while it mostly works, the spurring and War wolf curse interactions aren't registering in the DF files. Is there any way to fix this? Also, fiend scale and feathers crippled enimies when broken, and cover internal organs and bones, as well as the external parts. Is this intended, or is this an oversight?
Edit: fixed the broken pieces nteractions, it turns out that the needed file was missing an n in the interaction_fd to make this a readable file. Would you mind fixing this for future releases?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:43:34 pm by Lordsservent-san »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Hi there, I've been testing your kid out, and while it mostly works, the spurring and War wolf curse interactions aren't registering in the DF files. Is there any way to fix this? Also, fiend scale and feathers crippled enimies when broken, and cover internal organs and bones, as well as the external parts. Is this intended, or is this an oversight?
Edit: fixed the broken pieces nteractions, it turns out that the needed file was missing an n in the interaction_fd to make this a readable file. Would you mind fixing this for future releases?

Thanks for the notification. I pushed out a quick fix that solves the file name problem. That is version 0.19c which is currently live and downloadable from the front page.

The fiend materials are intended to increase the punching power of races that use those materials. I haven't actually seen anything crippled by having fiend material broken, but I will pay attention to that when I look at the mod this weekend.

Hellfire Imps use dragonfire, but very rarely. Only 1 in a hundred can breath dragonfire, and even then only with a high recharge time. It is possible that you may still find their regular fire attacks to be hardcore, though, which is their intended challenge.

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You're welcome. What I've noticed in the files is that fiend materials(and by extension, steel skin) have a structural tag. So, when you break it, it basically causes the creature to act like it broke a bone. It's nothing that ruins the game ex Wriance, but it's something odd that I've noticed when looking at the mod files. Otherwise, great work, and thanks for the cool mod.

Thatotherguy23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thought I'd point out your readmeifyouwish.txt doesn't mention that "interaction_fd.txt" should also be moved to raw. It's only missing being mentioned in installation 'basic'. I figured I should mention it because surely there'll be someone who thinks it's not needed for basic since it isn't mentioned ;p

Plump helmet invaders was funny but I assume it's not being added officially to the mod? Will you add more civs in the future?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 09:10:03 pm by Thatotherguy23 »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Thought I'd point out your readmeifyouwish.txt doesn't mention that "interaction_fd.txt" should also be moved to raw. It's only missing being mentioned in installation 'basic'. I figured I should mention it because surely there'll be someone who thinks it's not needed for basic since it isn't mentioned ;p

Plump helmet invaders was funny but I assume it's not being added officially to the mod? Will you add more civs in the future?

Thanks for catching that - I have fixed it also. It doesn't affect gameplay, luckily.

I have been considering another bonus pack. I've been assembling a set of horrible creatures that might also make suitable invaders (if anybody has seen the easter egg raws for dark destroyers/dark desert scorpions, you've seen a hint of potential planning for a future expansion). That said, I'm not actually sure if people even play with plump helmet monsters.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:56:49 pm by darkflagrance »

Thatotherguy23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More choices to challenge us sounds great! I did notice the desert scorpions with bits about beak dogs and was confused, but guessed it was an easter egg. Also noticed that you removed it in the latest version. This mod is perfect for the variety of possibly fort ending creatures, dwarf combat experience and especially for the steel I can then melt down haha

Probably because most people don't go comment hunting for extras. It would be nice as Thuellai mentioned to be able to individually install them, but I only remove two races out of all of them anyway so it's not hard to manually edit them out
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 02:40:49 am by Thatotherguy23 »

Tarsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have been considering another bonus pack. I've been assembling a set of horrible creatures that might also make suitable invaders (if anybody has seen the easter egg raws for dark destroyers/dark desert scorpions, you've seen a hint of potential planning for a future expansion). That said, I'm not actually sure if people even play with plump helmet monsters.

I'd love me some dark desert scorpions (using crossbows like the old desert scorps did?). I've played with the plump helmet monsters, I just didn't get any invaders of any sort. I think I make my regions too large or something, and I've not started a new fort to try again (busy season), but rest assured, your efforts are not wasted. I will be fruitlessly defending forts again in a couple months.

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go big or go home man, new horrific races are always a good thing. One of my dreams, currently unrealized because mercs don't become citizens, is to have some kind of breeding murder-freakshow of a fort. More races would make that easier. And more races would make more murder. There is no downside here.

Also, I really need to play with the plump helmets, just as you released them real life crushed worse than they will...

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey darkflagrence, I found and fixed an error in the Joutun Raws. If you want the Ettinjoutns to have an E tile, or Ogre Joutuns to have an O tile, change the [CREATURE_TILE] to [CASTE_TILE] in the rasa
« Last Edit: July 30, 2016, 11:36:17 am by Lordsservent-san »
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 80