Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309554 times)

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.05] Fortress Defense Mod II R v20: Individual Entity Files!
« Reply #1080 on: August 28, 2016, 05:00:00 pm »

Definitely leave the beakdogs as they are! They could rip people up with their teeth but that makes sense to me. They shouldnt be TOO easy. I was just unprepared.

Also, do you happen to know any ways to put armor on visiting tigermen? I inducted 4 into my military and they dont seem to be able to wear our armor :c I know for adventure mode shenanigans I just put in a mod I found on this forum to adjust the size of armor. but I dont have a clue how this would translate to a fortress. If i have to change the raws again that is finie

I just want really awesome steel clad tigermen fighting with me :D
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 05:02:44 pm by flyteofheart »
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: August 29, 2016, 12:49:21 am »

You can make armor to size for any creature in fortress mode with the job details menu when you order the jobs at the forge.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: August 29, 2016, 12:55:39 am »

Definitely leave the beakdogs as they are! They could rip people up with their teeth but that makes sense to me. They shouldnt be TOO easy. I was just unprepared.

Also, do you happen to know any ways to put armor on visiting tigermen? I inducted 4 into my military and they dont seem to be able to wear our armor :c I know for adventure mode shenanigans I just put in a mod I found on this forum to adjust the size of armor. but I dont have a clue how this would translate to a fortress. If i have to change the raws again that is finie

I just want really awesome steel clad tigermen fighting with me :D

You have to make armor of their size yourself, or take it from the corpses of invaders or visitors of the same sizes.

To make armor sized for non-dwarves at your forges, assign the steel armor pieces at your forge, then for each job, press 'd' for details, and it will let you choose the race the armor is sized for.

If you anticipate having a large amount of tigers in the army, you can assign the jobs in the manager for many suits at a time, and then use 'd' over each armor job to make them all sized properly.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: September 02, 2016, 09:42:59 am »

I have a problem. need help.

Putirid blendec's tile does not printed.

The [graphics_fd_dead.txt] file  doesn't recognizes  [dead_blendec.png] file.

Other civ's tile image printed well. but Blendec's tile not printed.

How to you? your tile file shows Putrid blendec's tile well?

« Last Edit: September 02, 2016, 09:53:01 am by DWARFFRAWD »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: September 02, 2016, 11:54:39 pm »

I have a problem. need help.

Putirid blendec's tile does not printed.

The [graphics_fd_dead.txt] file  doesn't recognizes  [dead_blendec.png] file.

Other civ's tile image printed well. but Blendec's tile not printed.

How to you? your tile file shows Putrid blendec's tile well?

I finally managed to find the solution.
In the graphics_fd_dead.txt file, change
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:BLENDEC_FD]to
Code: [Select]
[CREATURE_GRAPHICS:BLENDECFD]
Also, the current versions of the mod uploaded to DFFD have had this bug fixed.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 12:07:25 am by darkflagrance »

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: September 03, 2016, 01:54:00 am »

So, when is the current version of Fortress defense going to be put into masterwork? Because from what I can see, there should be no compatibility issues for the 43.03 version that masterwork is currently on.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: September 03, 2016, 12:04:26 pm »

So, when is the current version of Fortress defense going to be put into masterwork? Because from what I can see, there should be no compatibility issues for the 43.03 version that masterwork is currently on.

I'm not sure. There are quite a few issues with the version that Meph is using, which hasn't been updated since he released the first version of Masterwork for the latest DF iteration. He seems to have been away on travels for a while recently and unable to make updates.

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: September 03, 2016, 09:28:07 pm »

My god War Elephants do not mess around

for some reason I was not expecting them to come CLAD IN STEEL PLATE and using mauls! plus the elephants would just knock into them and i would get the "slammed into an obstacle" messages lmfao.

I lost my ENTIRE military (2 melee squads and 2 marksdwarf squads that ended up being body shields for a while) in the battle and pretty much barely kill them all with 1 last emergency squad of random "visitor death fodder" who picked off the mortally wounded remaining elephants.

truly a battle for the ages, I havnt come that close to death and yet managed to hold it off in a long long time. It looks like I have to start from scratch with military training and every migrant is going to get conscripted for a few seasons. LOVE this mod so much.

also: using a warwolf on my squad was a bad idea. it turned one of the elephants feral and then that feral war elephant converted 2 of MY dwarves. I had the warwolf dancer-turned-military equipped with a 2H sword (that it could use in ONE hand so also used a shield) and it was kicking ass, im pretty sure it personally killed half the elephants before going down

is there any chance you can make ferals not transfer the "disease" though? especially since it was from my side

if not thats fine, the warwolves ARE kinda OP to conscript XD
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: September 03, 2016, 11:56:50 pm »

My god War Elephants do not mess around

for some reason I was not expecting them to come CLAD IN STEEL PLATE and using mauls! plus the elephants would just knock into them and i would get the "slammed into an obstacle" messages lmfao.

I lost my ENTIRE military (2 melee squads and 2 marksdwarf squads that ended up being body shields for a while) in the battle and pretty much barely kill them all with 1 last emergency squad of random "visitor death fodder" who picked off the mortally wounded remaining elephants.

truly a battle for the ages, I havnt come that close to death and yet managed to hold it off in a long long time. It looks like I have to start from scratch with military training and every migrant is going to get conscripted for a few seasons. LOVE this mod so much.

also: using a warwolf on my squad was a bad idea. it turned one of the elephants feral and then that feral war elephant converted 2 of MY dwarves. I had the warwolf dancer-turned-military equipped with a 2H sword (that it could use in ONE hand so also used a shield) and it was kicking ass, im pretty sure it personally killed half the elephants before going down

is there any chance you can make ferals not transfer the "disease" though? especially since it was from my side

if not thats fine, the warwolves ARE kinda OP to conscript XD

That does indeed sound like an epic battle! I love to see Fortress Defense races pushing players to the edge, and players triumphing through adversity.

Friendly warwolves are indeed badasses; I have fond memories of my own warwolf mercs converting enemies and slaying forgotten beasts :)

Unfortunately, the ability of ferals to theoretically cause a chain reaction of conversion among friends and foe alike is part of the intent for the interaction, which is why I would prefer to leave it as it is. It spreads chaos and provides an additional avenue of attack for otherwise melee-specialized foes. Plus, I like there to be some plusses and minuses for accessing such a powerful ability for the player.

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: September 04, 2016, 02:08:26 am »

Hey darkflagrence, thank you for creating this wonderful mod. I am enjoying all of the stories it creates, both in world gen and fortress mode, and for allowing me to eventually make some interesting stories of my own, once I actually settle down long enough to actually begin getting assaulted.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 02:10:22 am by Lordsservent-san »

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: September 04, 2016, 04:22:17 pm »

I'm not sure. There are quite a few issues with the version that Meph is using, which hasn't been updated since he released the first version of Masterwork for the latest DF iteration. He seems to have been away on travels for a while recently and unable to make updates.

I've been using the version bundled with masterwork, and haven't' had any sieges or attacks yet.. i'm year 2 with 80 pop and 500k wealth. I made sure that most of the races could reach me on embark. Is his version bugged in some way?
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: September 04, 2016, 05:59:07 pm »

I've been using the version bundled with masterwork, and haven't' had any sieges or attacks yet.. i'm year 2 with 80 pop and 500k wealth. I made sure that most of the races could reach me on embark. Is his version bugged in some way?

It hopefully isn't bugged in that way. The problem is that if you allow the world to get too old (I like to use 40-50 years of world gen), or don't settle near invader races, they might take a while to come as DF tries to simulate travel times and word spreading about your fortress. This often means there are lags between the traders reporting your fort is rich and invaders deciding to start marching. Three-four years might be necessary to start seeing enemies, which is a good chance to make sure your defenses and troops are up to snuff.

You can always copy the files from this version into your raws before starting a new world and see.

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: September 04, 2016, 06:21:45 pm »

It hopefully isn't bugged in that way. The problem is that if you allow the world to get too old (I like to use 40-50 years of world gen), or don't settle near invader races, they might take a while to come as DF tries to simulate travel times and word spreading about your fortress. This often means there are lags between the traders reporting your fort is rich and invaders deciding to start marching. Three-four years might be necessary to start seeing enemies, which is a good chance to make sure your defenses and troops are up to snuff.

You can always copy the files from this version into your raws before starting a new world and see.

Alright, thanks. I genned the world for 100 years, so maybe that's why. I'll report if they come (and at what year) so far i've had 1 werebeast and 1 minotaur attack.
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

Broseidon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: September 04, 2016, 08:06:29 pm »

My game keeps crashing at world gen no matter how many years I run it or what settings I use. I haven't played in a very long time so I could be doing something super dumb, but I installed the mod correctly and this constant crashing is triggering me. I'm just using lazy newb pack and tried searching for people with the same issue as me but couldn't find anything.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: September 04, 2016, 08:52:08 pm »

My game keeps crashing at world gen no matter how many years I run it or what settings I use. I haven't played in a very long time so I could be doing something super dumb, but I installed the mod correctly and this constant crashing is triggering me. I'm just using lazy newb pack and tried searching for people with the same issue as me but couldn't find anything.

Upload your raws to the DF File Depot and link them here, and also post your error log. There might be hints to the causes in either of those locations.

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 80