Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309455 times)

Broseidon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.05] Fortress Defense Mod II R v20: Individual Entity Files!
« Reply #1095 on: September 04, 2016, 09:08:22 pm »

My game keeps crashing at world gen no matter how many years I run it or what settings I use. I haven't played in a very long time so I could be doing something super dumb, but I installed the mod correctly and this constant crashing is triggering me. I'm just using lazy newb pack and tried searching for people with the same issue as me but couldn't find anything.

Upload your raws to the DF File Depot and link them here, and also post your error log. There might be hints to the causes in either of those locations.

How do i go about uploading my raws, in a non time consuming way. I've never uploaded anything to DFFD before, and I don't have an errorlog.txt file I have tried fresh installing like 4x. The base game works it's just when I install the mod that it doesn't work. Maybe I'm installing it wrong? I put the graphics and graphics txt into the graphics raw folder and took all the entities out of all 3 folders and the ones not in a folder and dumped them into the objects folder. Idk I'm computer retarded also.

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: September 04, 2016, 09:13:13 pm »

I'm not sure. There are quite a few issues with the version that Meph is using, which hasn't been updated since he released the first version of Masterwork for the latest DF iteration. He seems to have been away on travels for a while recently and unable to make updates.

I've been using the version bundled with masterwork, and haven't' had any sieges or attacks yet.. i'm year 2 with 80 pop and 500k wealth. I made sure that most of the races could reach me on embark. Is his version bugged in some way?
No, if you hit year three without getting any sieges at all, then you have a bug. As it is, the armies of FD are likely getting packed up and getting ready to arrive at your fort once their appropriate season in year 3 is there.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: September 04, 2016, 09:23:24 pm »

My game keeps crashing at world gen no matter how many years I run it or what settings I use. I haven't played in a very long time so I could be doing something super dumb, but I installed the mod correctly and this constant crashing is triggering me. I'm just using lazy newb pack and tried searching for people with the same issue as me but couldn't find anything.

Upload your raws to the DF File Depot and link them here, and also post your error log. There might be hints to the causes in either of those locations.

How do i go about uploading my raws, in a non time consuming way. I've never uploaded anything to DFFD before, and I don't have an errorlog.txt file I have tried fresh installing like 4x. The base game works it's just when I install the mod that it doesn't work. Maybe I'm installing it wrong? I put the graphics and graphics txt into the graphics raw folder and took all the entities out of all 3 folders and the ones not in a folder and dumped them into the objects folder. Idk I'm computer retarded also.

How do you start the mod? Do you click the actual Dwarf Fortress.exe or is there a start-up tool for LNP? If you click the .exe, there should be an errorlog.txt file in the same folder that might help.

You can try right-clicking your raw folder, in the pop-up menu that appears, click "Send to"> "Compressed (zipped) folder" then upload that using any file-sharing website. I recommend DFFD because that is where Fortress Defense is hosted in my OP.

You can also just screenshot the contents of your raw folder and let me see what is in there.

Other things you can try are sending me your entire dwarf fortress folder using the above method to create a compressed file, changing your world-gen settings to increase number of civs or start in a region, and checking for other mods (there might be default installations from LNP that conflict with Fortress Defense, though I don't know of any).
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Broseidon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: September 04, 2016, 09:33:46 pm »

How do you start the mod? Do you click the actual Dwarf Fortress.exe or is there a start-up tool for LNP? If you click the .exe, there should be an errorlog.txt file in the same folder that might help.

You can try right-clicking your raw folder, in the pop-up menu that appears, click "Send to"> "Compressed (zipped) folder" then upload that using any file-sharing website. I recommend DFFD because that is where Fortress Defense is hosted in my OP.

You can also just screenshot the contents of your raw folder and let me see what is in there.

Other things you can try are sending me your entire dwarf fortress folder using the above method to create a compressed file, changing your world-gen settings to increase number of civs or start in a region, and checking for other mods (there might be default installations from LNP that conflict with Fortress Defense, though I don't know of any).

I clicked on the .exe this time and it still didnt create an errorlog.txt file. I totally forgot about zipping folders lmao It's been too long. I'm uploading my entire DF folder to you rn it's just taking a while, I'll edit this post when it's completed

I'm dying inside

Do you have a skype or something I can transfer these files through instead?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2016, 09:54:51 pm by Broseidon »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: September 04, 2016, 10:04:35 pm »

I haven't used skype in years >_>

I'm also skeptical of whether the DL would be faster...

Broseidon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: September 04, 2016, 10:44:14 pm »

DFFD giving me errors for uploading it, all errors all day over here I guess lmao

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: September 04, 2016, 11:23:46 pm »

DFFD giving me errors for uploading it, all errors all day over here I guess lmao

Try just sending the raw folder. You can also try google drive or other file-sharing sites.

Broseidon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: September 04, 2016, 11:31:44 pm »

Try just sending the raw folder. You can also try google drive or other file-sharing sites.

Took me 14 tries but here it is

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12428

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: September 05, 2016, 01:47:46 am »

Took me 14 tries but here it is

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12428

Thank you for the upload. I've been hacking away at it, but it's much harder than I thought to find the bug. If you hadn't uploaded that save, I would not have realized how serious this problem might be.

Edit: It seems the latest version is not compatible with 43.03 and lower, which is quite strange as I cannot figure out why. The crash when placing sites suggests it is an entity change, possibly the added mercenary capabilities in v20.

I have created a version that should be compatible with 43.03 and should work with the version Broseidon uploaded. It can be found at the below link:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12429
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 02:20:43 am by darkflagrance »

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: September 05, 2016, 02:43:46 am »

I tested both basic and challenge mode, with artifacts & aquifers on and off, and with DFHack on and off. I was able to get it to crash twice. In both cases it was with DFHack on, in Challenge version, with aquifers and artifacts disabled. These conditions didn't always make it crash, though.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: September 05, 2016, 04:02:40 am »

I tested both basic and challenge mode, with artifacts & aquifers on and off, and with DFHack on and off. I was able to get it to crash twice. In both cases it was with DFHack on, in Challenge version, with aquifers and artifacts disabled. These conditions didn't always make it crash, though.

I had similar results as well, in that the crash is not guaranteed and if you regen enough you can avoid it. Which versions did you test of both Fortress Defense and Dwarf Fortress? I found that I only got the crashes when using v20 in 43.03 and lower versions.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: September 05, 2016, 04:20:22 am »

I was testing with these two versions:
Fortress Defense II R v20 - Challenge/Bonus (2016-09-03 version)
Fortress Defense II v20 - Basic Only (2016-09-03 version)

In Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03 in the Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-dfhack.r1-b

Most of the time it generated the world just fine. I did at least 10 world gens. Did it ever crash for you while DFHack was off?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: September 05, 2016, 04:47:30 am »

I was testing with these two versions:
Fortress Defense II R v20 - Challenge/Bonus (2016-09-03 version)
Fortress Defense II v20 - Basic Only (2016-09-03 version)

In Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03 in the Lazy Mac Pack v0.43.03-dfhack.r1-b

Most of the time it generated the world just fine. I did at least 10 world gens. Did it ever crash for you while DFHack was off?

I actually did get crashes when testing 43.03 with v20 without DFHack, which is why I released the 43.03 specific version. I should do more testing to confirm this.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: September 05, 2016, 07:15:58 am »

I don't think the difference between Dwarf Fortress v0.43.03 and v0.43.05 is great enough to make a difference on this mod.

Could this be a duped raws problem? I only had this problem with the Challenge/Bonus version of the mod. And I think I installed that one incorrectly. I took the files out of all three civs folder and dumped them into the main objects folder, but I don't think I was supposed to do that. It looks like Broseidon installed the mod this way too.

Broseidon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: September 05, 2016, 12:42:51 pm »

it crashed a couple times but now it seems stable, and yes I did install it that way as well. Thanks a ton for your help man.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 80