Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309138 times)

Thatotherguy23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.05] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!
« Reply #1140 on: October 01, 2016, 10:20:07 pm »

Wow...

What the heck are Nightwing made out of?  O_o
Steel tissue. They don't need armour or weapons ha. So anything below steel would do next to nothing, and axes are the least useful things against anything armoured at the axes' own material or above. Candy armour, edged weapons and steel warhammers/maces are recommended against challenge races. You had no elite melee but you NEED them especially in dodging and with shields, plus all armour coverage at the least with leather/clothing also full coverage underneath if you want to give them more chances to not die; I'd suggest danger rooms but it's not necessary. Also, force transference that Toady added in makes all combat more deadly to all combatants, so one direct punch from a larger creature made out of steel...Well it doesn't go well for the average military dorf. Multiple mail shirts and full clothing coverage underneath used to help immensely, I'd like to think with force transference they're even more useful? I wouldn't know about xbows, I haven't used them for much other than mass-hunting patrols and against the weaker races.

One Nightwing seems to have glitch-dodged through or over my wall, and ended up among my troops, and started tearing into my archers before I could do much about it.
Make sure your walls are two wide, it's been noted for the last few bunches of DF updates that any dodging can dodge through walls one tile thick, including diagonal.

This whole experience was baffling and terrifying, and leaves me utterly baffled as to how one could ever face such enemies in numbers without resorting to broken mechanics(bridges and the like) or cave-in traps...
The 10 Basic races and 4 Bonus races are more than enough challenge for most DF players, the Challenge races are for those desperate to face the most torturous ‼FUN‼ and painstakingly win against the worst of the worst. But most likely to perish eventually, it was inevitable. You're meant to think it was baffling and terrifying, they are built to end fortresses that aren't supremely prepared single-handedly...success! However I'd consider Nightwings the second easiest of the four, but that doesn't mean they're 'easy' at all. If you get bored of the circus plus all the other races and/or you usually embark in Evil/Terrifying zones etc. and still want more punishment...it's time for Challenge races. Or, as you mentioned, if you just want to exploit mechanics and laugh at them. It's up to the player and how they enjoy things, personally I only enable one or two challenge races at a time plus almost all the other races.

Thatotherguy23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 02, 2016, 03:39:36 am »

Double post, but Darkflagrance I poked around again and seemed to have the issue with the hellfire imps with just basic installed and using individual entity files. But this may all be issues on my end on something I've done while tired and testing if you can't reproduce any crashes; this isn't anything dire

Oh, and your signature link to Tholtig Cryptbrain should be http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=42702 instead of http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=42702 or it won't work

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: October 02, 2016, 08:50:57 pm »

I have two questions.

1. Can i use latest defense mod (R21) to DF 43.03?
Any problem with using not corresponding version?

2. My dwarfs can't use full plate armor?
All invade civs i met, wear (Large full plate).
So because of size, my dwarf soldiers unable to wear Full
plate armor.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 02, 2016, 09:21:22 pm »

• I think this should be compatible with maybe everything from at least DF v0.42.04 to DF v0.43.05. It would probably work fine with as far back as maybe v0.40.04 too.
  • i dunno

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 03, 2016, 09:08:53 pm »

I have two questions.

1. Can i use latest defense mod (R21) to DF 43.03?
Any problem with using not corresponding version?

2. My dwarfs can't use full plate armor?
All invade civs i met, wear (Large full plate).
So because of size, my dwarf soldiers unable to wear Full
plate armor.

1. See answer above.

2. Yep, dwarves can't use full plate because of size issues. There might be a small enough bonus race that uses full plate you can still steal it from.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

DWARFFRAWD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 04, 2016, 10:24:06 am »

I have another problem.

Large full plate armor doesn't stacked in quantum stockpile.

Other type armors stacked well through minecart in quantum stockpile.

But. dwarfs never haul F.P.A to minecart.

I setted take/give link and armor types perfectly.

Perhaps, size of F.P.A is too large to store in minecart?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: October 07, 2016, 11:40:47 pm »

I might not be able to do any modding this weekend as I'm being called in to pull extra shifts. I'll try to see if I can do some work on Sunday.

nuker22110

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.05] Fortress Defense Mod II R v20: Individual Entity Files!
« Reply #1147 on: October 09, 2016, 02:25:13 am »

I haven't used skype in years >_>

I'm also skeptical of whether the DL would be faster...

DFFD giving me errors for uploading it, all errors all day over here I guess lmao

Try just sending the raw folder. You can also try google drive or other file-sharing sites.

Took me 14 tries but here it is

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12428

Thank you for the upload. I've been hacking away at it, but it's much harder than I thought to find the bug. If you hadn't uploaded that save, I would not have realized how serious this problem might be.

Edit: It seems the latest version is not compatible with 43.03 and lower, which is quite strange as I cannot figure out why. The crash when placing sites suggests it is an entity change, possibly the added mercenary capabilities in v20.

I have created a version that should be compatible with 43.03 and should work with the version Broseidon uploaded. It can be found at the below link:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12429

would it be possible to add the various changes since v19d to the legacy version, especially the fixing of the duplicated triggers. am getting the crashes on finalizing sites on 43.03 too

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: October 11, 2016, 09:21:05 am »

the following spoilered are civ reactions, right? so why do they need the building? to take the building away, take the spoilered.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and change it to
then you can remove the building.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: October 15, 2016, 11:25:24 am »

the following spoilered are civ reactions, right? so why do they need the building? to take the building away, take the spoilered.
and change it to

I've never heard of civ reactions working like that, unless something changed in the new version. These reactions were designed when the paradigm was that the civ had to have theoretical Fortress Mode access to the reaction to properly use it. Does another mod use civ reactions without needing to implement a building?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: October 18, 2016, 09:10:26 am »

and change it to

I've never heard of civ reactions working like that, unless something changed in the new version. These reactions were designed when the paradigm was that the civ had to have theoretical Fortress Mode access to the reaction to properly use it. Does another mod use civ reactions without needing to implement a building?
just look at reaction_fortress_defense in Masterwork, it specifically says the following spoilered
also I don't think they actually need a skill, either
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: November 10, 2016, 12:00:17 pm »

Thread has been dead for a while so just posting some general encouragement. I just got to watch like 100 Ferric Elf Ambushers have a thunderdome with 70 Ruthertaurs outside the gate. It was epic. The elves lost pretty hard. Then an ambush of War giant wrens flew in the open rooftop, but thankfully I keep that open to let light shine on the barracks so the problem solved itself. Giant wren biscuits all around! Now, what to do about this siege... 

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 12, 2016, 10:44:15 pm »

Thread has been dead for a while so just posting some general encouragement. I just got to watch like 100 Ferric Elf Ambushers have a thunderdome with 70 Ruthertaurs outside the gate. It was epic. The elves lost pretty hard. Then an ambush of War giant wrens flew in the open rooftop, but thankfully I keep that open to let light shine on the barracks so the problem solved itself. Giant wren biscuits all around! Now, what to do about this siege...

Thanks for the bump ;)

I've been getting killed at work with long, overtime-exempt hours, including weekends and holidays, which is why I haven't had time for testing lately. Plus, these crashes have been discouraging to work through lately as I don't have a good idea of their source.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 16, 2016, 01:35:23 pm »

Plus, these crashes have been discouraging to work through lately as I don't have a good idea of their source.
Have you tried removing certain files, to see which one is causing the crash?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 25, 2016, 04:38:14 pm »

I'm getting a crash at the end of worldgen (during the "Finalizing Sites" phase) if I use v21's entity files in 43.03 (with DFHack). Using v19(b, I think)'s entity files but v21's other files allows worldgen to complete properly. I haven't had the time/patience to do fully detailed testing, though.
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 80