Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309535 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I've drafted up the creature and entity files for two new high-tier civs to be added to Fortress Defense to replace the promoted Nightwings: Pandashi and Brock, based off Pandamen and Badgermen respectively. They are designed to be approximate but different equals of the Dwarves, similar in size but wielding steel and well-versed in hand-to-hand combat.

As soon as I finish testing (who knows when though, too much work!), I'll add them to the mod in their own entity file.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Ilikor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OMG OMG OMG, Badgerman equipped with steel, they come to finish the job after the giant badger !

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile

Strange how I've not gotten any stranglers, 64 population, 324769 created wealth, there's a strangler civilization in legends mode, 3rd year.

Playing on a large map, how much longer should I expect to wait?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Strange how I've not gotten any stranglers, 64 population, 324769 created wealth, there's a strangler civilization in legends mode, 3rd year.

Playing on a large map, how much longer should I expect to wait?

Have you fought anything else? Also, a strangler civ in legends mode doesn't mean that it has access to your civ. If you generated an island instead of a regional world, they could be on another continent.

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've had snatchers and thieves, no ambushes either.

Ima check where all the civs are now.

EDIT: there are no islands, everyone has access to each other.

EDIT2: it seems to be working, just something with the stranglers, since white tigermen just sieged and killed a bunch of fresh recruits. Not that I'm complaining, those idiots weren't getting any training anyway.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:23:07 pm by katana »
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Do this:

Find

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:0]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:0]

in the Strangler entry

change this to

[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:1]
   [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:1]

This should guarantee they come.

eNDer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is it normal to go 2 years without a single attack from one of the basic races? They were on my embark screen but strangely not in-game anymore when I press the 'C' screen

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

One civ doesn't attack until 20 dwarves or a decent amount of trade. The rest only attack at 50 dwarves or higher. If you're missing stranglers, the rest will come at 50 dwarves.

Dwarf Fortress doesn't have tags in place to allow them to come sooner than 20 dwarves. However, if you wish to take matters into your own hands, follow the advice in my previous post and set the progress trigger tags to 1 for the civs you wish to engage.

Although the game will list the civs that have access to a site on the embark screen, when you actually enter fortress mode and start digging the fort, the 'c'iv screen only displays the civs you've encountered. If enemy civs do have access, rest assured that they'll turn up before too long. Enemy civs also only come near the end of a season (another DF limitation, probably designed to troll people who used the seasonal autosave into losing a battle than having the autosave kick in before they could save scum).
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 10:05:52 pm by darkflagrance »

katana

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nothing like frogman bone bolts to train my marksdwarves =D

I wish you would have more races early game that were weaker, just in case the stranglers don't  come. My first siege was against tigerwomen. Maybe to the point where they're basically an organized pack of animals, like a land-based carp invasion or something.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Nothing like frogman bone bolts to train my marksdwarves =D

I wish you would have more races early game that were weaker, just in case the stranglers don't  come. My first siege was against tigerwomen. Maybe to the point where they're basically an organized pack of animals, like a land-based carp invasion or something.

What about frogmen that only wielded copper spears and wore no armor? Still weak, and they provide a slight benefit in preparing for later invasions to make up for their slightly higher difficulty compared to Stranglers.

Now that I think about it though, I've always wanted to add Lizardmen to Fortress Defense. I think I'll do that...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 04:46:04 pm by darkflagrance »

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

When I press "C" for Civilization, there's only one civilization there. The tab says:

This land has no important leaders

Is this significant?

That's significant, yes. It means that the civilization your dwarves are from was wiped out. In game terms, it means that you'll only get two waves of migrants, and then no more, ever - which may be a good thing, for your first fort, but it'll make it very hard to put together a military, so you should focus on building walls to keep yourself safe and traps to deal with the goblins without risking your precious dwarves. It might also mean that you won't get any dwarven caravans, which is not a good thing, or that you'll get dwarven caravans from a different dwarven civilization, which seems to mean that they'll come a little less frequently but otherwise isn't a big deal. You'll probably want to make a point of staying on the good side of the other civs' caravans, though.

So I am limited to 10 dwarves in digless fort wit FD? Ooops. 
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Mod kids to grow up in one year, littersize to 3, one-tile meeting zone, get breeding.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good idea.
By the way, is it supposed to happen?: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4552
(and now I have frozen f siege)
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

so [BABY:1] to [BABY:0], [CHILD:12] to [CHILD:1]. But how can I change litter? [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] to [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] [SIZE:6]?
PS Thanks for help!
PPS: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Creature_token is great!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 06:39:36 am by Kogut »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

so [BABY:1] to [BABY:0], [CHILD:12] to [CHILD:1]. But how can I change litter? [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] to [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] [SIZE:6]?
PS Thanks for help!
PPS: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/DF2010:Creature_token is great!

Delete MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE. add LITTER_SIZE:1:3 or something like that (copy from dogs or rabbit maybe?) Delete the BABY:X tag altogether.

But I'm sure you found the answer by now.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 80