Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 305453 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

Good idea.
By the way, is it supposed to happen?: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4552
(and now I have frozen f siege)
That's a fairly normal bug. It may have something to do with their leader being caught in a cage trap.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

Good idea.
By the way, is it supposed to happen?: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=4552
That's a fairly normal bug. It may have something to do with their leader being caught in a cage trap.
I have exactly 1 trap in the map. It is a weapon trap. But sometimes there are standing near body of leader.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile

Jotunar (size: varies, maximum 9,000,000)

If you reach this point (which may be sooner than you think), it means that a race of giants once exiled to the barren wastelands of the world has come to initiate Ragnarok upon your fortress! They come in various shapes and sizes, and some even wield fire. Due to their sheer size (more than 100 times the size of a dwarf!),  It will take legendary warriors, strong defenses, and masterful weaponry (only blunt weapons can penetrate their armor!) to match these foes. But fear not! The enemies generated by Dwarf Fortress can possess neither great weapon skill nor arms. Weathering their storm is not impossible.

Why can only blunt weapons penetrate their armor? Or is this a flavor text type thing. I'd think a 5000+ strength dwarf with a masterwork adamantine short sword could probably do SOMETHING to them.
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile

It's flavor and mostly true. Blunt weapons aren't called can-openers for nothing.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Good idea.

Strange; I've only had that happen to furies when I tested, presumably due to their flying ability. Another cause might be their leader dying by crossbow bolt or back stab. Either way, this is a commonly bug with Dwarf Fortress, not my mod, as far as I know.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good idea.

Strange; I've only had that happen to furies when I tested, presumably due to their flying ability. Another cause might be their leader dying by crossbow bolt or back stab. Either way, this is a commonly bug with Dwarf Fortress, not my mod, as far as I know.
Leader was dropped from 10 z-levels via dodge trap. Frogthings are also affected (swimmer tag).
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Good idea.

Leader was dropped from 10 z-levels via dodge trap. Frogthings are also affected (swimmer tag).

That makes sense as the kind of thing that would cripple the fragile pathfinding of enemy units. I've also forced path-finding freezing by continuous opening and closing of doors and bridges.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0.07 has been released! See the original post for the download links, or click here:

Basic Mode has one more civ that replaces the Nightwings, and three extra civs have been added to Challenge Mode.

Complete package: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3081

Basic Mode only: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3197

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25] Fortress Defense Mod II v7: New Challengers Appear!
« Reply #382 on: April 27, 2011, 01:34:18 pm »

One of my friends got attacked season 2 by beak wolves. I think this is a bug...
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 27, 2011, 01:48:42 pm »

One of my friends got attacked season 2 by beak wolves. I think this is a bug...

Maybe his civ started out at war with them, as opposed to neutral-hostile. If you start at war with a civ, they come immediately. If normal beak wolves are capable of season 2 invasion by default, however, I need to expand that functionality to Stranglers as well - would be working as intended (for future versions >:D)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:50:48 pm by darkflagrance »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 27, 2011, 09:46:44 pm »

I've been considering balancing out the Challenge mode civs as well, and if anyone has any feedback to give, I'll give it a hearing.

Ult1mara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Ult1mara's Let's Plays and reviews
« Reply #385 on: April 28, 2011, 04:34:41 am »

Hello Ult1mara here and I was interested in doing an LP/review of this mod. Is there a chance I could? If I could that would be great

Thanks Ult1mara
The local scottish drunken dwarf
Dwarf Fortress Mod Reviews
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=84405.0

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 28, 2011, 08:03:19 am »

I've been considering balancing out the Challenge mode civs as well, and if anyone has any feedback to give, I'll give it a hearing.
So far FPS death/crash/lame fortress design killed my forts before challenge races.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 28, 2011, 08:36:17 am »

Hello Ult1mara here and I was interested in doing an LP/review of this mod. Is there a chance I could? If I could that would be great

Thanks Ult1mara

Feel free! That's no problem to me.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 29, 2011, 11:17:51 am »

Minotaurs need boosting in some way. Jotunar are about right. Spiders are really variable, either lame as kobolds or webbing up all your dudes for mass death. Nightwings are about right too.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 29, 2011, 11:53:59 am »

Minotaurs need boosting in some way. Jotunar are about right. Spiders are really variable, either lame as kobolds or webbing up all your dudes for mass death. Nightwings are about right too.

So would you say that Minotaurs are not as challenging as, say, Elephants?

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 80