Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 305432 times)

Garbles

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:height]
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25] Fortress Defense Mod II v7a: New Challengers Appear!
« Reply #420 on: May 20, 2011, 02:34:37 pm »

For maximum !!fun!!, combine this mod with the Monster Hunter Universe mod. Then you have the added suspense of never knowing when a fire-breathing monster or pack of velociraptors with lethal paralyzing venom will show up.

I combined both with the Genesis mod, and I got attacked by twin gravios (size 2,500,000, obsidian skin, steel bones, MAGMA laser) and a frost wyrm at the same time. It was only the summer of year 2. !!Fun!! was had.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 20, 2011, 02:35:41 pm »

man, this mod is really evil on the challenging setting.

is it possible to be used with other mods, lets say... Corrosion?

As the author of LFR, I can verify that it is fully compatible with that.  Note that since LFR adds even more hostile races, the amount of FUN may be hazardous to your health.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: May 20, 2011, 05:43:32 pm »

Is creature_fortdefense.txt required to play vanilla Defence mod challenge?  The readme isnt too clear as it say copy it over for standard use but also if u want to use only a few civs copy it over too.  So which is correct to play the mod 100%?

You are correct. The creature_fortdefense.txt only tells the game that the creatures are in the game, but they are not spawned unless the corresponding entity files exist too.

Why haven't I got any other attacks other than a white tigerman siege?
I'm eager to know.

The mod slowly scales up attacks. Give your enemies time. Also, you probably spawned a world without the basic tier enemies, or one where they were isolated on another continent.

Does the mod also increase the games load and lag usually?  Ive created 3 different small worlds and after saving/loading it takes over 10x longer to load the save back up, Even when the saves are not very big. Even loading up my pre mod land that are much much bigger only takes a few seconds, With DM it can take over 5 mins to load...

Im using Lazy noob pack with ironhand gfx and no other mods.

I haven't noticed my versions of Fortress Defense to run or load significantly slower than my Vanilla test forts, but perhaps it's an issue with your particular computer's specs. You can see if the people at other mods that add many civs, like CivForge or Genesis, experience this issue for comparison.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

outofpractice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 21, 2011, 12:49:36 am »

In regards to DFAutodump, I think it was more to do with collecting / moving all the items. If its just claiming, then yes the stocks menu is quicker and easier. Autodump is just a conveniant way to move the sometimes hundreds of items to one location to allow for quicker claiming / melting / making idols out of Goblin heads.

ttscha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: May 21, 2011, 08:52:26 am »

thnaks for the answers of the dumping and claming items. will try them today!

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: May 23, 2011, 04:56:25 am »

How can I add graphics for the new races of the mod? I'm ASCII-impaired sorry, I can't enjoy DF with Ascii symbols.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: May 23, 2011, 12:07:09 pm »

How can I add graphics for the new races of the mod? I'm ASCII-impaired sorry, I can't enjoy DF with Ascii symbols.

You'll probably need to hack together your own file or learn how to reference other graphics in the mods you're using; for example, steal beakdog sprites by copying the reference to their sprites into the entry for the beakwolf sprites. I'm extremely busy at the moment, so I'm holding off adding sprites until after graduation.

ferok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: May 23, 2011, 02:38:33 pm »

Love this mod.  I had barely tasted combat in vanilla but it was all too infrequent.  Now my melee lasts only until the next siege (which is never very far away) and my entrance is coated with the blood of so many different enemies.  Beautiful.

vorpal+5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: May 24, 2011, 12:57:19 am »

You'll probably need to hack together your own file or learn how to reference other graphics in the mods you're using; for example, steal beakdog sprites by copying the reference to their sprites into the entry for the beakwolf sprites. I'm extremely busy at the moment, so I'm holding off adding sprites until after graduation.

No problem I can try... But I failed to see how the game makes the connection between that

[CHILD:1][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:beak dog pup:beak dog pups]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'B'][COLOR:4:0:0]

and a sprite slot in a particular graphic file ... I guess I have to head for the wiki to learn that  :P

outofpractice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: May 24, 2011, 01:42:33 am »

How do you actually get furies (the flying race) to actually come to your fort entrance etc? Every time they show up, they just stay where they spawned and dont move. If there is no way, is it possible to remove them from an active game or mod them so they aren't flying? Since I figure its the flying that is causing them not to path to my fort.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: May 24, 2011, 02:41:08 am »

Love this mod.  I had barely tasted combat in vanilla but it was all too infrequent.  Now my melee lasts only until the next siege (which is never very far away) and my entrance is coated with the blood of so many different enemies.  Beautiful.

Thanks!

No problem I can try... But I failed to see how the game makes the connection between that

[CHILD:1][GENERAL_CHILD_NAME:beak dog pup:beak dog pups]
   [CREATURE_TILE:'B'][COLOR:4:0:0]

and a sprite slot in a particular graphic file ... I guess I have to head for the wiki to learn that  :P

example image reference file:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Look in the graphics folder (which is mentioned in the graphics readme of the Fortress Defense Mod II graphics folder. Basically, you create a text file as reference for the game, specify the image file and size, and then the topleft point of the part of the image that you want to act as an image for. You probably want to get a tileset with beakdogs in it, create a new file, and then specify the beakdog image as the default image for beakwolves.

How do you actually get furies (the flying race) to actually come to your fort entrance etc? Every time they show up, they just stay where they spawned and dont move. If there is no way, is it possible to remove them from an active game or mod them so they aren't flying? Since I figure its the flying that is causing them not to path to my fort.

They are designed as campers. It's not a bug, it's a feature

To kill flying, go into the raw for your game, file the creatures_fd file that you installed from Fortress Defense, find the creature entry that begins with the header [CREATURE:FURY_FD] and then find the FLIER tag and delete it.

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: May 24, 2011, 03:54:54 am »

With v7 I am getting this error repeatedly:

*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region3d/raw/objects/creature_fdbonus.txt"
RAPTOR_MAN_FD Color Mod Ending With (CRIMSON,1) Was Not Use

Also, does anyone know what causes this error?

Midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds

Searches show it seems to cause crashes. I've had three  With temperature turned off, invaders turned off and my pump stack switched off my FPS is 90-100. When this error starts it drops to 30-40 and the game often crashes.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: May 24, 2011, 09:38:38 am »

With v7 I am getting this error repeatedly:

*** Error(s) found in the file "data/save/region3d/raw/objects/creature_fdbonus.txt"
RAPTOR_MAN_FD Color Mod Ending With (CRIMSON,1) Was Not Use

Also, does anyone know what causes this error?

Midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds

Searches show it seems to cause crashes. I've had three  With temperature turned off, invaders turned off and my pump stack switched off my FPS is 90-100. When this error starts it drops to 30-40 and the game often crashes.

A new bugfix release is up with the raptor color error fixed. Feel free to download it if you use the bonus civs in the Fortress Defense II Complete version as the bugfix version is fully compatible with worlds that use older versions of v7, but the bug has no effect on gameplay or game stability.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The second bug is a bug with Dwarf Fortress unrelated to Fortress Defense II. Here is a link to the bug on Mantis where you can see if Toady has fixed it:

http://mail.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3005&history=1

This link seems to hint that the bug might even be related to the particular computer you're using rather than DF.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 09:41:36 am by darkflagrance »

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25] Fortress Defense Mod II v7b: New Challengers Appear!
« Reply #433 on: May 24, 2011, 04:33:28 pm »

Reading those error logs my guess the Midmap effective coordinate check out of bounds error actually occurred when I tried embarked on a weird melting glacier. I forgot about those crashes, and figured they were due to just an excess of fluid calculations.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25] Fortress Defense Mod II v7b: New Challengers Appear!
« Reply #434 on: May 25, 2011, 02:35:20 pm »

whats the best settings for worldgen to get a good chance of the creatures turning up?  I have ran a few forts upto 40+ dwarfs and still havnt had an attack...

Would lazy noob pack or ironhand gfx stop DM from working?  Idk whats happening as i havnt had an attack since a few DF patches ago and i usually just use default worldgen settings that used to work to get sieges or etc etc.  I think all ive had in the last 7-10 forts is 1 snatcher turn up and thats it, used to be every fort almost until a few patches ago...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 02:45:39 pm by foil »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 80