Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 308658 times)

LittleJP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.07] Fortress Defense Mod II v11: Hellfire Imps with real Hellfire!
« Reply #720 on: November 09, 2012, 11:52:19 pm »

Well, I had no idea there were Hellfire Imp Snatchers. My fortress is now on fire, at least the entrance is.
In case it wasn't obvious, I do know that dividing by zero is a mathematical impossibility. I do not know, however, how this dwarven calculator would react if anyone attempted the impossible. Please, someone try! xD
If you look back in the thread, some people did try, and they got 8008135, which is significant only in that the digits resemble the letter in "BOOBIES".
And so dwarf fortress solves yet another of lifes great mysteries.

Sashoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I have to generate a new world for this to work? I have a cool world that I wanna try this on but I dunno if it'll work.
can I just install the mod and then open that world and whabam its working? Its only at a pop of 17 if it matters. Please reply soon :) Thanks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Do I have to generate a new world for this to work?
yes.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Sashoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do I have to generate a new world for this to work?
yes.
Alright, thank you for the quick response :)

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

Seems like the Minimod (entity_default.txt) included in Fortress Defense Mod II v11 that removes useless clothing from some enemies does not include;
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_WHEELBARROW]

in the MOUNTAIN civ...

You can't make wheelbarrows or minecarts in worlds genned with this minimod used.

Looks like I'll be starting that fort again. Chances are slim I'll get another artifact copper battleaxe in the second spring again though  :-\ Probably a false hope anyways as I got all 22 civs to gen plus kobolds.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: November 28, 2013, 11:22:25 am »

I can't seem to get a dwarf civ to gen, even with max number of civs in the settings.  Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a relic of having so many civs?

gunpowdertea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 14, 2014, 09:09:37 am »

I can't seem to get a dwarf civ to gen, even with max number of civs in the settings.  Is there something I am doing wrong or is this a relic of having so many civs?

How long is the world gen? Start (much) earlier than with vanilla DF. So many civs will crush each other. Also: do not enable all of the mod's civs, but only a select few (I guess this is also mentioned in the README somewhere, but I am too lazy to check ;) )
I don't care. I have discovered that if you spawn elves this way, cats will chase them down and eat them.

Wannabehero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 18, 2014, 05:21:53 pm »

So I've started working on Glmulmuluuml gluulr (Murloc mod), and I'm trying to find a good way to differentiate murlocs from FD-2 frogmen.  Fortress Defense has inspired me to create a Civ expansion mod, which is now on my ever expanding list of DF related modding work that is incomplete.

On a related note, what is the level of invader difficulty players find to be the most balanced against their established forts?  I.E., what level of enemy starts to give FD players difficulty?  Just brainstorming for a balance perspective.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: [0.34.xx] Fortress Defense Mod II v12: Hellfire Imps with real Hellfire!
« Reply #728 on: March 21, 2014, 05:06:04 pm »

Seems like the Minimod (entity_default.txt) included in Fortress Defense Mod II v11 that removes useless clothing from some enemies does not include;
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_MINECART]
[TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_WHEELBARROW]

in the MOUNTAIN civ...

You can't make wheelbarrows or minecarts in worlds genned with this minimod used.

Looks like I'll be starting that fort again. Chances are slim I'll get another artifact copper battleaxe in the second spring again though  :-\ Probably a false hope anyways as I got all 22 civs to gen plus kobolds.

Fixed 6 months later. ;)

If there are compatibility issues with the current version, let me know please. I have been away from DF and can't run it on my current aged computer for very long to run a fort :(
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #729 on: March 24, 2014, 03:12:27 pm »

Do you plan any fancy new invaders in the future? some that use interactions like a mage/wizard race, or some self-replicating ones that you have to defeat quickly, or shapechangers that transform and fully heal, but can be killed instantly with silver, or some that appear in small numbers like kobolds, but mind-control you dwarves? or q plaquebearer civ, weak in combat but highly infectious?

Just asking, since you never added new ones since interactions came out, and the furies/nightwings flying ai is broken, so they dont do anything in the first place.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 30, 2014, 09:54:32 pm »

I am still coming to grasps with the new modding capabilities we have available to us now. With all the work to finish my masters I haven't kept up with updates at all. It looks like the new version isn't too far away. Once I get a handle on what I can now do I'll plan a version for df 2014.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #731 on: April 01, 2014, 04:39:04 pm »

Thanks for the answer. I often get feedback or read stories that happen in MDF (which includes all FD races as an optional package) and many people enjoy the extra challenges of your creation. Its certainly a well loved feature and I am sure people would like some more technical enemies. :)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: April 03, 2014, 01:44:19 am »

Thanks for the answer. I often get feedback or read stories that happen in MDF (which includes all FD races as an optional package) and many people enjoy the extra challenges of your creation. Its certainly a well loved feature and I am sure people would like some more technical enemies. :)

I had wondered whether people were still interested in my mod; it's good to see that my work still reaches people through the medium of your own megamod. :)

One other consideration is that I'm not entirely sure how the new version's living legends mode and increased entity behavior will interact with the hack that Fortress Defense uses to force enemies to go to war. It's likely it won't make a difference though; I think necromancer towers didn't affect my mod too much.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #733 on: April 07, 2014, 09:29:43 am »

The newest Mdf community fort just survived a siege of 80 war elephants, so yes, it is certainly being used. :) (and the elephants rode mounts, which is probably not intended.)

Necromancers shouldnt affect civs much, if at all.

varnish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just wanted to chime in and say that I'm still interested in this mod, personally. It's my preferred mod for the game.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 80