Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309172 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.xx/0.34.xx] Fortress Defense Mod II v14x: Spiders Now Crush Skulls
« Reply #810 on: October 05, 2015, 11:32:16 pm »

I just posted a new update that fixes the bugs pointed out by RocheLimit regarding Great Fiend Spiders. In addition, generating a world with the highest number of civilizations ensure most of the civs survive to 60-80 years at least. The weaker civs have also been buffed to ensure they can be better challenges for three-four year old forts. I also pushed out an experimental fix on Badgermen and Jotunar to hopefully get them to equip weapons (but I think the bugs mentioned earlier were the result of a vanilla bug that spawns naked recruits during sieges).
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: October 07, 2015, 08:19:20 am »

More than 8000 Furies after v.high civ worldgen with new version. Much better.
Did you change Frogmen change to Frog Demons, or have they always been demons?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 08:21:02 am by Shonai_Dweller »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: October 07, 2015, 10:04:58 am »

More than 8000 Furies after v.high civ worldgen with new version. Much better.
Did you change Frogmen change to Frog Demons, or have they always been demons?

I buffed them to demons as part of their upgrade, because sieges now come later. They have traits similar to ye olde Frog Demons from 40d way back before 2010. If the reception is poor, I could change them back, but I'm trying them out for now.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 10:07:30 am by darkflagrance »

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: October 07, 2015, 09:17:53 pm »

You were right dark, my apologies.  One question I do have though, every attack i've been on the receiving end of has had the attackers without armor or weapons.  They have managed to kill war animals, but are no chance for soldiers unless they severely outnumber them.  Is this supposed to be?
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: October 07, 2015, 09:50:18 pm »

You were right dark, my apologies.  One question I do have though, every attack i've been on the receiving end of has had the attackers without armor or weapons.  They have managed to kill war animals, but are no chance for soldiers unless they severely outnumber them.  Is this supposed to be?

What civilization are these naked attackers from? Some of them are meant to be naked.

Also, I'm not sure if this is a newly introduced problem or a bug in the native version. I've been trying to pin down the cause of this problem to no avail.

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: October 08, 2015, 02:37:20 pm »

So far, raptormen, warwolves, and the panda people have all been naked.  As have the hellfire imps.
You wake up in (suddenly) your room not somewhere Armok knows where. Travels in deserts and goblin forests turned up to be a dreams borned by procreation of your autistic imagination.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: October 08, 2015, 02:51:43 pm »

So far, raptormen, warwolves, and the panda people have all been naked.  As have the hellfire imps.

Do some races still wear armor? Have goblins attacked you yet?

I need all the data I can to try to isolate the cause of this bug, which appears persistent. I'm going over the raws with a fine toothed comb.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 03:02:09 pm by darkflagrance »

CaptainLambcake

• Bay Watcher
  • fabulous
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: October 08, 2015, 08:06:10 pm »

The only race with armor so far have been the ferric elves (hope I spelled it right) they had iron chestplate and a crossbow/bow/sword with quiver if appropriate.  No goblins yet.  I've been attacked mostly by raptors, and have yet to see any armor on any of them. 

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: October 11, 2015, 07:18:35 pm »

I'm still working on the bug, but it's taking a break while I deal with upcoming exams and interviews. I am somewhat satisfied with the current version of the mod at least sending invaders regularly. I could release a workaround to make even naked invaders threatening for now.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 07:24:13 pm by darkflagrance »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: October 12, 2015, 05:03:53 pm »

Goblins all have plenty of armor and weapons. Some way into a new embark with 10 sets of evil neighbors, but besides a Fury thief, I've been attacked by nothing but goblins (starting at Autumn year 3, a new record for me).

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: October 14, 2015, 05:57:40 pm »

After going through the raws again, I think I might have a suspicion as to what is causing naked invaders. If anyone who is experiencing this phenomenon can submit saves where this is occurring, and post which races are arriving naked, that would help out my examination greatly.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: October 15, 2015, 07:55:55 am »

Bunch of Tigermen attacking me right now. They're all armed but are wearing nothing but helmets and mail shirts. Is that usual? My archers tend to aim for the knees, so I doubt anyone will be left standing by the time they reach the gate.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: October 15, 2015, 11:40:20 pm »

Bunch of Tigermen attacking me right now. They're all armed but are wearing nothing but helmets and mail shirts. Is that usual? My archers tend to aim for the knees, so I doubt anyone will be left standing by the time they reach the gate.

That's normal for now because typical fortress invaders don't use any other forms of armor. Enemy soldiers will at most wear pants, which barely afford protection and clutter up the loot piles.

That said, I did not intend White Tigermen to be the toughest of the invaders. Other invaders use a custom armor that protects the entire body, or are resistant(-ish) to arrows. That said, it would not be impossible for me to release a version of Fortress Defense where enemies all come wearing Full Plate. I could also make the units not bleed, by tacitly them turning into metal.

Pasting the following tags:
Code: [Select]
[TISSUE:IRON]
[TISSUE_NAME:iron:iron]
[TISSUE_MATERIAL:INORGANIC:IRON]
[MUSCULAR]
[FUNCTIONAL]
[STRUCTURAL]
[RELATIVE_THICKNESS:1]
[CONNECTS]
[TISSUE_SHAPE:LAYER]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:IRON]
Below where you see
Code: [Select]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:BLOOD:LIQUID]Will toughen the skin of most creatures. Replacing their tissue entirely makes them into the equivalent of bronze colossi. I could release a mod that could be applied to your current fort, where all races are this tough.

Though, isn't the reward for training archers the slaughter of enemies weak to them?

edit: "that said" intensifies.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 07:56:59 pm by darkflagrance »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: October 16, 2015, 03:31:54 am »

Oh, not complaining. My archers love skewering exposed body parts. Their favorite is where a bolt slices an ear right off.

Was a tad dissapointed in the spiders in last version as they went down just as easily despite being 'challenge' opponents. But if they've got web shooting ability and steel cleaving teeth in this new version I'm looking forward to their next visit.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: October 16, 2015, 08:00:57 pm »

Oh, not complaining. My archers love skewering exposed body parts. Their favorite is where a bolt slices an ear right off.

Was a tad dissapointed in the spiders in last version as they went down just as easily despite being 'challenge' opponents. But if they've got web shooting ability and steel cleaving teeth in this new version I'm looking forward to their next visit.

When I tried the spiders out against grandmaster marksdwarves, I quickly realized that my first mistake was not bringing enough marksdwarves.

Incidentally, overwriting the spiders in a save using the previous version with their current data should convert them to their upgraded form, if you want to salvage a fort from an earlier version.

On that note, I might also release a bronze-full plate mod (or maybe a steel-full plate mod) where all races are effectively using metal tissues and full armor.

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 80