Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309223 times)

RocheLimit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.40.xx/0.34.xx] Fortress Defense Mod II v14x: Spiders Now Crush Skulls
« Reply #825 on: November 27, 2015, 02:50:35 pm »

Just found something that may help with further debugging/improvement.

You know how DFHack has a labor-manager that you can access from within the game by pressing (l) from the citizen list?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I have found it also applies to the other tabs as well.  Here is the labor manager looking at my fort's death list

It also applies to incoming sieges as well:

Thought it would be a good way to keep track of the average skills of attacking sieges.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 03, 2015, 01:16:23 pm »

There are some issues in the current release version with placing many civs on the map. I'm waiting for bugfixes to commit to an update for this version.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 03, 2015, 08:52:10 pm »

There are some issues in the current release version with placing many civs on the map. I'm waiting for bugfixes to commit to an update for this version.
Glad to know you're still working on this :)  I have resigned myself to kinda learning modding, since the few I use have long since been abandoned.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 04, 2015, 08:15:20 am »

Glad to know you're still working on this :)  I have resigned myself to kinda learning modding, since the few I use have long since been abandoned.

It's not too hard once you get the knack of it, and there were talks of programs would let you program through an interface instead of copy-pasting tags on these forums, although I don't know what happened to them. Just start with some other mod's files and combine or tweak to flavor.

Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently trying to deal with the world gen crashes when using this mod in the current version. Between the implicit limit on civs and the banning of sentients as food, the latest update seems absolutely inimical to this mod.

DrunkGamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Beer loving Gentledwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 04, 2015, 09:23:53 am »

It's not too hard once you get the knack of it, and there were talks of programs would let you program through an interface instead of copy-pasting tags on these forums, although I don't know what happened to them. Just start with some other mod's files and combine or tweak to flavor.

Good luck!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm currently trying to deal with the world gen crashes when using this mod in the current version. Between the implicit limit on civs and the banning of sentients as food, the latest update seems absolutely inimical to this mod.

Don't worry mate, it's probably going to be fixed tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow. Toady already fixed a crapload of things. If you need any help with anything, maybe adding some weaponry for the custom entities and stuff, I'm willing to help, as I'm also waiting for the patch so I can update my mod (It only adds 2 new civs, but I still want to way a bit before updating)

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 08, 2015, 10:46:28 pm »

Now I have another reason to hope the bigger bug fixes are done soon hehe. Glad you havn't abandoned this!

Im excited to see how this plays in the new version with the much bigger sieges.
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
  • [SPHERE:VERMIN][LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: December 13, 2015, 12:03:47 pm »

Fortress Defense is supported again ? Yay !

I suppose it should work with 0.42 right ? The creature raws don't have been changed too much and I doubt the lack of instruments is going to affect sieging civs.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 14, 2015, 12:34:37 pm »

Couple of issues actually with defunct tags and I don't know if it can gen with max civs yet without crashing. The Experimental Version in the original post works for x.40 though.

I am currently doing finals, and will try to update when they are out of the way after this week.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 17, 2015, 04:16:21 pm »

Yeah, it doesn't work D:

ADVENTURE_TIER seems to be unsupported now. But I don't think it is that. I wonder what else is causing crashes...

Edit: there appears to be a formatting error for the LOYALTY value of dark stranglers. Let's see if this is causing trouble...
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 04:20:10 pm by Naryar »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: December 18, 2015, 04:59:27 am »

Yeah, it doesn't work D:

ADVENTURE_TIER seems to be unsupported now. But I don't think it is that. I wonder what else is causing crashes...

Edit: there appears to be a formatting error for the LOYALTY value of dark stranglers. Let's see if this is causing trouble...

Thanks for finding the loyalty formatting error.

There still seem to be crashes that I'm working through at the moment.

Edit: The crash is caused by CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:UNTOWARD
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 05:45:03 am by darkflagrance »

RickRollYou2

• Bay Watcher
  • [START_BIOME:EARTH]
    • View Profile

I see the new 42.03 versions are up on dffd--this makes me happy!

However, it should be noted that the Basic version of the .rar still contains files for the challenge and bonus races. :)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I see the new 42.03 versions are up on dffd--this makes me happy!

However, it should be noted that the Basic version of the .rar still contains files for the challenge and bonus races. :)

That is presently by my intent; without the corresponding entity files the challenge/bonus creature files should be inert. I'll double check though.

Naryar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just saying that 0.42 may be overzealous... I got assaulted by 150 white tigermen and 20 horses. Far too Fun for a three-year fort with an average military.

Though my Fortress Defense is an updated 0.14 version, not with the new triggers. So it's probably the new version of DF, and not FD.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I'm just saying that 0.42 may be overzealous... I got assaulted by 150 white tigermen and 20 horses. Far too Fun for a three-year fort with an average military.

Though my Fortress Defense is an updated 0.14 version, not with the new triggers. So it's probably the new version of DF, and not FD.

The new triggers were actually set about one tick later in the current version than in the previous version for the most part. That said, the current version basically does take sieges the opposite way from the last version. The enemies still come at about the same time, but with 10x the forces - and there don't appear to be settings that affect that.

A reasonable adaptation might be actively bringing 3 or 4 military trainers/exploiting danger rooms.

Stragus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you darkflagrance! This is an excellent mod, it certainly brings the challenge back into DF. :)

I have embarked near 14 civilizations (using challenge+bonus), and the first 2 years seemed way too quiet... but it became brutally difficult after that.

The War Elephants and Great Fiend Spiders are especially deadly, and they just keep coming! In comparison, the Ruthertaurs, Pandashis and Beak Wolves seemed like target practice.

I'll mention a few things in case that's unexpected:
- My first siege was 9 Beak Wolves, they ran away immediately (I already had 30 dwarves in military, half of my population)
- In a battle between War Elephants and Great Fiend Spiders (two simultaneous sieges), I noticed the spiders weren't using their web attack against the elephants.
- My meager tavern is receiving a ton of Badgerman visitors. Not that I mind, but it's somewhat unexpected.
- I have received a War Elephant pikeman visitor, except he didn't survive on the way to the tavern (another siege...).
- The library has never received a scholar visitor, none of my dwarves initially had any skill in writing/reading, and the caravan isn't selling books/codices (is the world so harsh that no one has time for intellectual matters?).
- I haven't really seen any large siege of weaker enemies, probably a coincidence.

It's a great mod. I wish the dwarf battle AI would be a little better, it makes it difficult to use complex tactics necessary to meet that challenge... :)
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 80