Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309415 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I'm still in the process of letting your fort auto-run on my computer Isaac23 ;) Unfortunately my dinky computer takes quite a while to process a year.

When I left the fort to check the enemy status, it did say they were hostile. I've started exporting ridiculous amounts of wealth to encourage invaders. One workaround for now might be to delete INTELLIGENT and replace it with CAN_LEARN (just do a mass replace for every instance of INTELLIGENT in the fortress defense creature files).
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

wealth exportation doesn't work in 0.42.04

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

wealth exportation doesn't work in 0.42.04

Yeah, I just noticed after I made that post ;_;

I did get a siege in the test fort I started in Isaac23's version, it just took three years. It also lasted for about 3 seconds. This is not yet beyond my expectations for the current version however, especially considering exports are...bugged...

Gonna let it chug at 30 fps for another year or two.

Isaac23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks for your effort.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Thanks for your effort.

Please keep me updated. At the moment, my current computing resources aren't enough for me to bug hunt to my satisfaction, and any information that might help iron out inconsistencies in the mod's behavior is greatly appreciated! :)

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hullo I have a question, How much wealth do I require to have my fort burnt down by siegers?. and for each race too. this is because I haven't had a single siege yet (I have 70 dwarves at the moment) and I am wondering if my wealth has anything to do with it.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Hullo I have a question, How much wealth do I require to have my fort burnt down by siegers?. and for each race too. this is because I haven't had a single siege yet (I have 70 dwarves at the moment) and I am wondering if my wealth has anything to do with it.

Suspiciously, it seems as if wealth triggers are not properly working in this version, based on my current testing. So far test sieges have arrived after achieving 80 population.

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Suspiciously, it seems as if wealth triggers are not properly working in this version, based on my current testing. So far test sieges have arrived after achieving 80 population.

even tier one sieges like Dark stranglers?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

even tier one sieges like Dark stranglers?

I'm worried that might be the case.

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think you may be right as well. My fort is several years old, next to ten hostile civs. I had one Ferric Elf and one Pandashi ambush in the first two years, despite a thriving platinum doodad industry. Once my population hit eighty I got a vanilla goblin siege, just a normal low end one with a dozen crossbowmen. They died swiftly and horribly. I will continue to post as I am attacked by other entities, if that happens.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

The good news is that I received another Dark Strangler siege, so the invasions are still working. I might release a tweaked version that specifies the progress triggers in greater detail nonetheless.

Unfortunately for the Dark Stranglers, they were greeted by the sight of the the literally entire map on fire from grass to sky, and the remains of my military stumbling out of the flames, burning to death from fighting a mountain titan. They expired in short order in a melted fat sort of way.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

It's looking like location of the fort and age of the world are both supplementary factors in determining invader activity. The best I can say is to try to play in younger worlds before enemy civs have gone extinct, and in regions in close proximity to enemies. I'm also working on changes that will hopefully guarantee more hostile enemy activity.

The bug that causes goblins to occasionally flee instantly also affects fortress defense races occasionally.

Isaac23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I made a new world a got a dark strangler siege after a few years, but I'm only getting badgermen visitors it seems, no entertainers or mercs. Normal?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I made a new world a got a dark strangler siege after a few years, but I'm only getting badgermen visitors it seems, no entertainers or mercs. Normal?

It's random, apparently. I think it may depend on whether the civs are within reach. Dwarf fortress is doing a lot of funny stuff with world generation/simulation that hasn't been fully revealed.

So I did eventually manage to receive a badgerman siege in the world you sent me to bugtest, six years into the embark. Also, I started out at peace with badgermen, but they came to attack me eventually anyway. I guess that means they aren't broken, just far away sometimes. Given that sieges still appear to be slow and unpredictable in this version, I'm going to reverse the changes I made that made sieges come a little later in the current version. Fortress Defense civs will have more tags that make them hostile as well to encourage them to attack the player.

I must highly, highly suggest making sure at least ten fortress defense civilizations have access to a player fortress to guarantee a viable experience. My current strategy to overwhelm the problematic warfare mechanics is through sheer numbers.

Gotham123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

here is a suggestion

My suggestion: make the sieges happen earlier before the whole 80 Pop. this way we don't have to wait hours before fun starts happening
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 80