Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 305528 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

here is a suggestion

My suggestion: make the sieges happen earlier before the whole 80 Pop. this way we don't have to wait hours before fun starts happening

The triggers I set already do that. Dwarf fortress seems to ignore them. This is why I am exploring other hostility triggers.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Crashmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • CARP, Canada's new helth care plan for the elderly
    • View Profile

In a 42.04 game carried on in 42.05; had dark stranglers fine pre-update I think, now a recent siege of warwolves + raptor women and just now one of greater fiend spiders (not so upset about this one disappearing actually but it defined the trend) disappear after one tick on the edge of the screen. Goblins have still been coming with trolls and beak dogs just fine.

I tried re-installing the objects files but no difference and that was the end of my theories on the issue.

edit; great fiend spider snatchers do persist on the map normally
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 07:38:03 pm by Crashmaster »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

In a 42.04 game carried on in 42.05; had dark stranglers fine pre-update I think, now a recent siege of warwolves + raptor women and just now one of greater fiend spiders (not so upset about this one disappearing actually but it defined the trend) disappear after one tick on the edge of the screen. Goblins have still been coming with trolls and beak dogs just fine.

I tried re-installing the objects files but no difference and that was the end of my theories on the issue.

edit; great fiend spider snatchers do persist on the map normally

Since goblins seem to work, one potential workaround I have is rewriting all of the entities to match the goblin ones and then replacing the creatures. It might do in a pinch until the disappearing siege bug is dissected and addressed, if it ever is.

Isaac23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

See, they're at peace with us. We got two thieves from them once. I have a dickload of mod civ visitors at my tavern. Some of them, the rime giant or whatever for instance, destroy any constructions they can get their hands on as soon as they walk on the map, but aren't outright hostile. I dub them "Gunthers" and kill them before they can break any more of my bottles.

The goblin civ showed up with a bunch of mod civ people with them, but it was only like 15 of them. I know the first siege is always small so I'll wait it out. Still, disappointed with the lack of face melting fun.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Isaac23, I suspect that even though the screen shows them at peace, they are capable of sieging and will change to a war stance when they get around to it (once the triggers are filled?) Notice that you are at peace with the Gobbos as well, but they are an always hostile race. my mistake

Even so, do not worry. I'm planning a major rewrite of the civilizations in an attempt to circumvent the vanishing siege bug. When I'm past work this week, I'll get around to it.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2016, 08:07:43 am by darkflagrance »

Isaac23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not at peace with the goblins, the tiger men are.

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A Greater Badger Man bard has arrived at my fortress and is now leading half the population in absolutely rocking out with both dance and song. A honey badger man compliments this with his chanting. This is freakin awesome. I hope the bards don't become hostile when the inevitable sieges start, because I love the idea of badger men boogieing down under the ground...

Also, can't wait on next release. MOAR SIEGES!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

A Greater Badger Man bard has arrived at my fortress and is now leading half the population in absolutely rocking out with both dance and song. A honey badger man compliments this with his chanting. This is freakin awesome. I hope the bards don't become hostile when the inevitable sieges start, because I love the idea of badger men boogieing down under the ground...

Also, can't wait on next release. MOAR SIEGES!

Well, I can say that one of the sieges in a test fort for the next version was accompanied by my off-duty guards conducting an unsanctioned massacre of some of the entertainers in the tavern for "being of the enemy's civ". So you may want to put down some newspaper.

I have ironed out some issues with the entities, and am currently working on revamping the creatures themselves. Disappearing sieges and entity hostility appear to be resolved so far.

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, I can say that one of the sieges in a test fort for the next version was accompanied by my off-duty guards conducting an unsanctioned massacre of some of the entertainers in the tavern for "being of the enemy's civ". So you may want to put down some newspaper.

I have ironed out some issues with the entities, and am currently working on revamping the creatures themselves. Disappearing sieges and entity hostility appear to be resolved so far.

Awesome, I can't wait. While you are in there mucking around could you see about making visitors no longer destroy buildings? I have had to disallow migrants to my tavern because keeping out the building destroyers was taking a huge amount of micro-management. Fortunately all the badger men stayed. All fifty of them. For the past five years. They are just... dancing and being social. If they ever do go hostile this is going to be fairly horrific.

Hoooooooar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I also have the disappearing sieges joint.  Also no Human caravans never came..... lots of humans in the bar, no human caravans.  The elves only came once too.  THey bring all teh good animals, COME BACK ELVES. 

Duno if that is a bug here or just in 42 in general.  Also my bar has 4 war elephants in it.  Wonder how this is gonna turn out.  under "civilizations" menu i only have dark stragglers, gobbies, and beak wolfs, none of the more powerful bros are there.  But i do have a wolf thing, multiple elephants, some humans and elves all hanging out at the bar.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I also have the disappearing sieges joint.  Also no Human caravans never came..... lots of humans in the bar, no human caravans.  The elves only came once too.  THey bring all teh good animals, COME BACK ELVES. 

Duno if that is a bug here or just in 42 in general.  Also my bar has 4 war elephants in it.  Wonder how this is gonna turn out.  under "civilizations" menu i only have dark stragglers, gobbies, and beak wolfs, none of the more powerful bros are there.  But i do have a wolf thing, multiple elephants, some humans and elves all hanging out at the bar.

Humans caravans not arriving and disappearing sieges appear to be bugs that can occur in the vanilla version as well, sadly. If you paste [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1] in the human entry under in the entity_default, you should be able to trigger them even in an active save. Also, if you can let me know which sieges are vanishing, that may be potentially helpful.

Strangely, none of my test forts ever have Fortress Defense races appear in bars, so although I am fairly certain I know why this behavior occurs (conquest of FD races by races friendly to dwarves) I've never been able to test my hypothesis.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 07:23:01 pm by darkflagrance »

Hoooooooar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Humans caravans not arriving and disappearing sieges appear to be bugs that can occur in the vanilla version as well, sadly. If you paste [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1] in the human entry under in the entity_default, you should be able to trigger them even in an active save. Also, if you can let me know which sieges are vanishing, that may be potentially helpful.

Strangely, none of my test forts ever have Fortress Defense races appear in bars, so although I am fairly certain I know why this behavior occurs (conquest of FD races by races friendly to dwarves) I've never been able to test my hypothesis.

hahha, every single one of the races is in the bar now (http://imgur.com/BpsVDHu), everyone but the stranglers, because they DID invade early on.  There are absolute hordes of goblins invading though, 50+ on their last try.   Also the King is now a resident in my fortress, he inherited the throne, although we still aren't the capital, or even a duchy..... played a lot of dwarf fortress, never seen that happen before.  When you say to "If you paste [PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:1] in the human entry under in the entity_default, you should be able to trigger them even in an active save".  That is greek to me, is that in a txt file, in DFhack?   

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

See the following topic for more info on the hymans not arriving bug. You can also fix it with dfhack http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=155423.15

Legionaries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you for updating this mod.  It is my favorite.  Downloading!

Hoooooooar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well i've let the game run for a long time now its approaching FPS death because of how popular my bar is.  I started with every single race in the neighbor screen on embark.  Only the dark stragglers have invaded, the werewolves? were one that have approached the border twice but ran away each time.  The Tavern has an army of visitors now from every single neighbor though, i even killed some of them to try to get them hostile, but its not happening.  Poor elephant shoulda known something was up when 40 armored dwarfs stormed in and executed him.

3 gobbie sieges, 1 really strange one that had 5 dwarfs, 3 humans, 2 dark stranglers a few naga men too.  They came in and just hung ou t at the border, they were quickly dispatched, as soon as their first person died they all ran away.  I was also next to a tower and the undead also run away on sieges, almost forgot that.  Hope that helps out in some way.

Oh also kill all frogmen onsite, they just come into the tavern and start breaking everything, then they roam around your fort breaking everything.  Guys are dicks.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 05:22:50 pm by Hoooooooar »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 80