Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309537 times)

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.42.06] Fortress Defense Mod II R v17: Infection of the Warwolf Curse!
« Reply #900 on: March 09, 2016, 06:17:40 pm »

Thank you very much. Also, just so you know there is one thing that seems to be working, my current fort (not with today's update, I'm riding this one into the ground) was just attacked by badger men with war dogs. The war dogs worked as intended. So did the adamantine battle axes. This, coupled with the frog men, the furies, the stranglers, the multiple fire imp ambushes, the vanilla goblins, and the general genocidal madness that the caverns have become has lead me to create something entirely new in my seven years of playing DF. A corpse stockpile I can automatically purge with magma. Dumping all the corpses was taking too long.

Maybe I will make a minecart system to launch them at my enemies as a weapon or something...

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 10, 2016, 12:15:38 am »

Thank you very much. Also, just so you know there is one thing that seems to be working, my current fort (not with today's update, I'm riding this one into the ground) was just attacked by badger men with war dogs. The war dogs worked as intended. So did the adamantine battle axes. This, coupled with the frog men, the furies, the stranglers, the multiple fire imp ambushes, the vanilla goblins, and the general genocidal madness that the caverns have become has lead me to create something entirely new in my seven years of playing DF. A corpse stockpile I can automatically purge with magma. Dumping all the corpses was taking too long.

Maybe I will make a minecart system to launch them at my enemies as a weapon or something...

I've actually been considering making enemy corpses evaporate: giving them all ITEMCORPSE:VAPORSTONE so that they turn into puffs of smoke upon death. It requires temperature to work though, and I can't find a solution for the limbs. Plus, if you don't have temperature on, you get these random lumps of stone all over the place that can't be used for anything.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 10, 2016, 12:34:22 pm »

That was not meant as a complaint, I apologize if it looked like one. I may have some odd priorities when it comes to Dwarf Fortress since I operate my outposts to maximize overall "metalness" which is something greatly assisted by corpse mountains everywhere. It was just getting hard to see the living enemies among the piles of dead so I finally gave in and did some tidying up.

Also I will be providing feedback on the latest mod in a bit here; my previous fort just ended in glory. Did you know Hellfire imps can melt lead cages, and under some circumstances molten lead can be extremely dangerous? In particular to the hordes of unarmored millita charging over the still burning corpses of the military in a desperate bid to hold the gate.

Next up: a minecart launcher that sits in magma, full of molten lead, ready to be shotgunned at those who anger me.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 13, 2016, 03:47:45 pm »

That was not meant as a complaint, I apologize if it looked like one. I may have some odd priorities when it comes to Dwarf Fortress since I operate my outposts to maximize overall "metalness" which is something greatly assisted by corpse mountains everywhere. It was just getting hard to see the living enemies among the piles of dead so I finally gave in and did some tidying up.

Also I will be providing feedback on the latest mod in a bit here; my previous fort just ended in glory. Did you know Hellfire imps can melt lead cages, and under some circumstances molten lead can be extremely dangerous? In particular to the hordes of unarmored millita charging over the still burning corpses of the military in a desperate bid to hold the gate.

Next up: a minecart launcher that sits in magma, full of molten lead, ready to be shotgunned at those who anger me.

I wish you all the best in the latest version! In any case, I am making sure that the changes I made to the latest version don't occasion any strong negative feedback before moving forward - and if there don't appear to be any further problems with the mod or suggestions with further features to add, I might freeze the mod at the current version until new DF versions are released.

9tails

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 20, 2016, 02:16:00 pm »

35 naga in year 3, I didn't have semi-traps available to stop them.  10/10, would succumb to the invasion again.

9tails

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 22, 2016, 10:50:42 pm »

The readme says that ferric elves are trapavoid; my animal stockpile says otherwise.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 23, 2016, 04:45:02 am »

The readme says that ferric elves are trapavoid; my animal stockpile says otherwise.

Thanks for finding that bug! It will be fixed in the next version ;)

35 naga in year 3, I didn't have semi-traps available to stop them.  10/10, would succumb to the invasion again.

I'm also glad to see you're enjoying the mod!

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 25, 2016, 11:17:47 pm »

So I just got a Ruthertar siege and it had horses with it. Not as mounts, just about twenty named horses who came along for... reasons. And three war dogs, which made more sense. Are they mounts that got bugged somehow, or was this on purpose? Regardless I'm making them into roasts and crafts...

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 26, 2016, 05:54:05 am »

So I just got a Ruthertar siege and it had horses with it. Not as mounts, just about twenty named horses who came along for... reasons. And three war dogs, which made more sense. Are they mounts that got bugged somehow, or was this on purpose? Regardless I'm making them into roasts and crafts...

The Ruthertaurs have an interaction that also turns the horses into fearless warbeasts, which is why they bring them.

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 26, 2016, 12:41:40 pm »

Good to know, thank you. In other news, the just-arrived Naga siege was ambushed by a huge party of Ferric Elves. Hilarity ensued and the few staggering wounded survivors were wiped out by one squad as they flailed at each other in a mountain of corpses and blood. I guess two wrongs really can make a right!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 26, 2016, 01:21:47 pm »

Yes, I've seen this happen with Warwolves and Frog Demons myself, and it's always a laugh. If one of the hostile parties is invisible due to ambushing, you might randomly see the visible siege units falling over dead or running away in panic for no apparent reason.

I like the fact that the sieges have their own agendas and allegiances that thusly manifest themselves.

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 27, 2016, 03:02:28 am »

I wonder, the sieges or the size of said sieges are wealth related? Because damn, being sieged by undead in autumn 1 made me unable to recieve the dorf caravan and then i got a lot of "migrants didnt arrive this season", just in case the Dwarf Civ was alive, in spring 2 i got another undead siege and then in spring 3 i got sieged by gobbos AND a shitload of ferric elves. I like how this mod generates !!FUN!!, but my fort only had 19 dorfs and like 120k of created wealth, is that too much?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 27, 2016, 09:19:39 am »

I wonder, the sieges or the size of said sieges are wealth related? Because damn, being sieged by undead in autumn 1 made me unable to recieve the dorf caravan and then i got a lot of "migrants didnt arrive this season", just in case the Dwarf Civ was alive, in spring 2 i got another undead siege and then in spring 3 i got sieged by gobbos AND a shitload of ferric elves. I like how this mod generates !!FUN!!, but my fort only had 19 dorfs and like 120k of created wealth, is that too much?

Spring 3 is the desired time for invasions - I find that it's usually possible to prepare a military competent enough to handle the first siege by the time you get there. Your game appears to be special, in that you embarked close to a powerful, hostile ferric elf and goblin civ. You also ramped up the difficulty even further by embarking in a place where zombies could majorly hinder preparation for the invasion waves. Normally nobody should siege you if you have less than 20 dwarves, but this can be changed by world gen politics because Dwarf Fortress makes goblins and elves have reasons beyond your fortress population/production/trade progress to siege you.

I prefer such a punishing difficulty level to be possible if people really want to deal with holding out against necromancers/undead in combination with the Fortress Defense mod. I would recommend starting over in a less dangerous area for revenge, or holding out against the hordes until you can recover.

MgDark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 27, 2016, 02:17:07 pm »

Using the recommended Worldgen in the OP, how much years i should worldgen? im doing 100 years, i dont know if that is too much that makes the weaker civs die first

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 27, 2016, 04:47:21 pm »

Using the recommended Worldgen in the OP, how much years i should worldgen? im doing 100 years, i dont know if that is too much that makes the weaker civs die first

I use about 30-40 years personally. It helps that my slow computer can't really generate past that >_>

Later eventually gets you stronger civs, but less of them.

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 80