Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 305447 times)

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.12] Fortress Defense Mod: Version 0.03 Released!
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 06:54:03 pm »

Been getting a siege pretty much every summer from the stranglers--its pretty goddamn awesome their edible and give leather! haha the steel production is up but my great hall is still under construction but my dwarves are to busy eating their strangler roasts to care!

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 09:51:54 pm »

Wow the difference between nagas and stranglers is friggin huge haha gonna try sticking 2-3 wardogs with every dwarf to see if that helps.

ZaZ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2010, 07:02:02 am »

Possible bug with this. I was only getting stragglers for a few seasons (despite having considerable value and 40,50,60+ dwarves) then one season I get nagas, then a few moments later elephants then a few moments later frost giants  :o all at once.

Also its important to note that invasions seem to always happen right before a trader comes by.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:16:40 am by ZaZ »

Laiska

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 08:37:07 am »

Thanks for the mod, its bloody FUN! in more ways than one. i got my 1st set of stranglers siege on the 1st year, when i had only 10 dwarfs around and none metal industry anywhere. the pick/axe recruits made short work of 10 or so of them. now im on 2nd year and i get both stranglers and war blendecs on the same time. now i had a half squad of steel mail dwarfs ready, stranglers went down fast but then the 20x war blendecs bowman with the hail of bronze bolts killed the whole squad. at the end i lost 30 dwarfs before the blendecs decided to leave... maybe the breastplates would be better than mail vs these lads. Maybe a squad of crossbowdwarfs could do something to prevent further massacre. Ok time to go and try to survive the incoming tantrum FUN! (and hope for a good migrant wave for a new military)

edit: got 12 migrants next season, drafted into military and got a mounted war elephant (...dude!) / mounted war blendec siege next season. it didnt end happily. my dwarfs got 2 elephants tho, seems the macedwarfs made them bleed before they were ripped to pieces. then the blendecs invaded the fort. They had a hard time killing the injured from last siege, who was still sleeping with his superior quality steel armor in hospital, he didnt wake up (my new military could have used that gear tho, oh well.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 02:27:32 pm by Laiska »
This is a stack of 21 well-prepared creeping eye intestines roast. The ingredients are well-minced prepared creeping eye heart, minced creeping eye meat, minced creeping eye meat and minced prepared creeping eye intestines.

... Could i have some wine with that?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 08:14:22 am »

I've been considering how to improve the mod. Although skilled, steel-wearing dwarves can handle npc giants and elephants, I'm finding it harder than expected to produce the necessary dwarves in time as training/military are much harder to manipulate in 31 than 40d. I might remove giants and minotaurs and instead introduce two lesser civs between the 2nd and 3rd tiers.

I'm also finding that the casualty rate on arrows might be too high if the mod throws many enemies at you over a short period of time, given that the numbers available to the fort are much lower than those available to the computer. I'm considering removing arrows on the lower tier civs for that reason.

So to sum up, I'm going to remove giants and minotaurs, perhaps decrease the attack power of elephants, and remove bows from the earlier civs. I would like to get feedback on these proposed changes.

Also, I don't think there is a way to prevent random civs from riding stuff. Alas for the new mechanics of DF 2010!
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 08:21:59 am »

I'm gonna try this out with genesis mod.
I'll see if I can handle these giants once I get there.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 08:25:15 am »

Do you need help to make them compatible, or does Darkfragrance's mod edit no vanilla files? If so, I want to test it too :). Let me release 3.0 now and I will try to play with these civs :). P.S. I hope werewolves do not conflict with my werewolves though. I have weres with different castes (whitemane, gray, bloody, dread) so they could cause conflicts.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 11:59:23 am »

I don't think it interferes, I started up a game and it's working.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 05:12:04 pm »

They should not interfere, because the names I gave the additional creature and entity files are almost guaranteed to be unique (such as WEREWOLFFD, GIANTFD, etc.). The mod was made with compatibility in mind.

However, the Fortress Defense mod does require vanilla weapons, armor, clothes, and so on.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

goge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2010, 09:50:34 am »

I'm loving the mod Thanks for the great work!  Fiqured a way to cage those trap-avoid buggers but those flying furies are going to cause a problem.

Again Many Thanks!  :D

Illeist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2010, 01:34:58 pm »

Freaking love the mod. I found an odd little bug, though. Rather than capturing children, Minotaurus thieves just bludgeon the little buggers with their bags. Pic is coming.
Toxic Blood: For all your FPS worries

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2010, 02:17:24 pm »

If I could find your address I would mail you a cookie, this is the closest I've come to breaking the no external mods rule(as in I only use my own)... Dang, I think I've broken it already.
seriously this is amazing for any mod.
good job darkflagrance, I shall download it for the monsters and stay for the seiges.

Still Standing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2010, 06:39:47 pm »

I am not sure if this is intended behaviour, but I just killed a Strangler siege (with 3 axe men, 2 with wooden axes!) and am now butchering the corpses.  I like it a lot, but I am not sure if it is supposed to be that way!

Anyway, great mod so far!
Diggy diggy hole.

kendo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2010, 06:10:19 pm »

I've been searching for a mod like this, like a followup to 40d relentless assault!

This looks cool thanks I'll check it out ;)

Xietanu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 03, 2010, 08:02:46 pm »

I just had a fortress utterly obliterated by Giants - blood, vomit and dwarf corpses lined the halls - and immediately started another one because, dang, it was just too enjoyable to have enemies who were real threats. I'm currently tangling with the Stranglers and expecting Frogmen soon, and I have to say that this is an incredibly fun (and indeed Fun) mod, and exactly what I was looking for. The goblins were always too infrequent, and ineffective when they did come, and this massively improves on that. Thank you! :D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 80