Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309264 times)

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile

...From my experience, civ behavior varies a great deal, and there is only one civ capable of attacking you at sub ~50 dwarves
I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the mechanics of this.  I strongly suspected it had a lot to do with the size and proximity of the enemy civs in 40d, but obviously could never be sure.

Warped

• Bay Watcher
  • Crowded elevators smell different to dwarfs.
    • View Profile

Glad you like them. I've already made a graphics file to test them out in arena mode, but I didn't try each weapon variation. I also noticed Mayday already had tiles for basic blendecs and nightwings, looking quite different from mine... Ah well, here's what they look like in-game.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Paste the spoilered text in a new file named "graphics_fd.txt" and rename the above picture "fd.png". Copy all of that in your graphics directory and it should work. Failing that I'll just upload the both of them in an archive on DFFD.

Spoiler: graphics_fd.txt (click to show/hide)

Unfortunately, I couldn't get your graphics to work. When the enemies showed up they were just weird blurs like someone's face if they've seen the Ring movie.

kzel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've uploaded the two files on dffd, maybe Imageshack converted the image or something.

Paste the two files in your raw's graphics folder. Don't forget your save's raw folder too.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3956

Here are some screenshots from the Airfail succession:

Warped

• Bay Watcher
  • Crowded elevators smell different to dwarfs.
    • View Profile

Awesome. That file works perfectly. Thanks so much.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile

Dwarf Fortress: Fortress Defense Mod II

v0.05

For Dwarf Fortress versions 31.19 and earlier.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3081

Post reply (  Re: [0.31.19/20/21] Fortress Defense Mod II v5: Nightwings consume fear, not food! ) 
?
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I noticed many, many crashes in DF 21during worldgen - is it mod problem or more general?
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I noticed many, many crashes in DF 21during worldgen - is it mod problem or more general?

It's likely to be a problem with DF 0.21. Got the crash logs just to be sure?

I got my course work out of the way (not) so I'm going to make an update to the mod. I hope to incorporate the graphics pack if you don't mind, kzel. At least, I'll link it from the OP.

...From my experience, civ behavior varies a great deal, and there is only one civ capable of attacking you at sub ~50 dwarves
I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on the mechanics of this.  I strongly suspected it had a lot to do with the size and proximity of the enemy civs in 40d, but obviously could never be sure.

I only have my experiments that the progress triggers still correspond to similar values as the previous version, but that Toady changed the 0 trigger so that instant sieges are no longer possible.

From anecdotal evidence in the forums, I've gathered that the proximity and size of an enemy population tends to be related to the frequency of enemy sieges, but I've never been able to gather anything certain. The problem is that lately I haven't had as much time as I used to conduct testing.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 11:27:27 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's likely to be a problem with DF 0.21. Got the crash logs just to be sure?

Unfortunately no, but I can replicate it.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

medium world + high amount of civs/places -> crash

I have plenty of RAM/CPU etc

Podpis problemu:
  Nazwa zdarzenia problemu:   APPCRASH
  Nazwa aplikacji:   Dwarf Fortress.exe
  Wersja aplikacji:   0.0.0.0
  Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji:   4d743da7
  Nazwa modułu z błędem:   Dwarf Fortress.exe
  Wersja modułu z błędem:   0.0.0.0
  Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem:   4d743da7
  Kod wyjątku:   c0000005
  Przesunięcie wyjątku:   001e7d1d
  Wersja systemu operacyjnego:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Identyfikator ustawień regionalnych:   1045
  Dodatkowe informacje 1:   0a9e
  Dodatkowe informacje 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Dodatkowe informacje 3:   0a9e
  Dodatkowe informacje 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

or

Podpis problemu:
  Nazwa zdarzenia problemu:   APPCRASH
  Nazwa aplikacji:   Dwarf Fortress.exe
  Wersja aplikacji:   0.0.0.0
  Sygnatura czasowa aplikacji:   4d743da7
  Nazwa modułu z błędem:   Dwarf Fortress.exe
  Wersja modułu z błędem:   0.0.0.0
  Sygnatura czasowa modułu z błędem:   4d743da7
  Kod wyjątku:   c0000005
  Przesunięcie wyjątku:   001e7d1d
  Wersja systemu operacyjnego:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
  Identyfikator ustawień regionalnych:   1045
  Dodatkowe informacje 1:   0a9e
  Dodatkowe informacje 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Dodatkowe informacje 3:   0a9e
  Dodatkowe informacje 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Empty errorlog
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 02:13:25 am by Kogut »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Hmmm. I will make some tests and see if the problem lies in many civs or the base Dwarf Fortress program itself. Either way, it is likely that .22 will be released soon, given that it is a bugfix version, so hopefully that issue will be resolved implicitly by then.

EDIT: I made some tests. I tried generating with the default amount of civs, and didn't encounter any crashes during world gen. I would try that first. If not, I would use older versions. 0.18 and up are all compatible versions with Fortress Defense II.

EDIT II: I got a single crash during world gen. However, that may have been because one of the extra civs I had added for test purposes had a body parts error. Fixing that error resulted in successful worldgens with no crashes.

My tests were conducted using the "Enter Advanced Parameters" option for Medium Regions.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 06:55:05 pm by darkflagrance »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Alright, decided to add a link in the OP to kzel's post...and included kzel's graphics in the main downloads. If there are any problems, feel free to let me know!

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile

So I've been playing with this mod for a while. Pretty nice and fairly well balanced, I think. But it would be pretty awesome to have the siegers fight each other, like they are fighting goblins currently. I remember that this happened in genesis mod with custom races, so the question is : how to make the sieging races fight each other ?

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Given reports on the past couple of pages, siegers do apparently fight each other as well. However, I prefer not to actively insert this as a feature because the enemies are supposed to be killing you, not each other.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile

I had an epic invasion last night:

First Goblin Siege shows up, with basically a full army of gobos and another army of just bow gobos. Then an army of Blendec show up and finish off the renaming gobos, but I manage to butcher them. Problem is, at this point my traps are clogged and full of guts, but I dare not send out the civis to clean the traps. I make a choice and closed the draw bridge to give my guys a chance to rest. Anyway, another invasion starts, and its Nagas, but they get cut to pieces. Then another invasion happens just as I let my draw bridge down, and this time its Furies, so the draw bridge would not have mattered. This battle was actually tough but I finish them off inside the barracks. Then an orc (from the Orc mod I also added but forgot about) invasion happens, and they proceed to clear the map of all stragglers. Basically I am at a standstill, with tons of Orcs outside and a Fell Beast made of Vomit down below. Also had an ambush of Hell Fire Imps at some point....

One question, during the multiple sieges I had some blizzard men show up and get slaughtered, did they come with an invasion force? I had not seen any before and have not seen any since.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I had an epic invasion last night:

First Goblin Siege shows up, with basically a full army of gobos and another army of just bow gobos. Then an army of Blendec show up and finish off the renaming gobos, but I manage to butcher them. Problem is, at this point my traps are clogged and full of guts, but I dare not send out the civis to clean the traps. I make a choice and closed the draw bridge to give my guys a chance to rest. Anyway, another invasion starts, and its Nagas, but they get cut to pieces. Then another invasion happens just as I let my draw bridge down, and this time its Furies, so the draw bridge would not have mattered. This battle was actually tough but I finish them off inside the barracks. Then an orc (from the Orc mod I also added but forgot about) invasion happens, and they proceed to clear the map of all stragglers. Basically I am at a standstill, with tons of Orcs outside and a Fell Beast made of Vomit down below. Also had an ambush of Hell Fire Imps at some point....

One question, during the multiple sieges I had some blizzard men show up and get slaughtered, did they come with an invasion force? I had not seen any before and have not seen any since.

Nah, the blizzard men were part of your biome. any wild animals on your map might prevent new ones from coming in, so kill those off if you want to see more.

Also, in theory this mod should work with .22. I can't test because I've got too much work. However, given that some bugs were introduced with .22 like disabler of natural skills that affects the challenge of this mod, it might be advisable to wait for the inevitable meta-bugfix .23 release in a couple of days or so.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 80