Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 305472 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: [0.31.25] Fortress Defense Mod II v7a: New Challengers Appear!
« Reply #405 on: May 09, 2011, 07:38:11 pm »

Slight tweak version:

-Buffed Minotaurossi a little.
-Halved the max size of Beak Wolves (they only beat full iron armor via wrestling your arm out of its socket now)
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: May 16, 2011, 06:41:39 am »

man, this mod is really evil on the challenging setting.

is it possible to be used with other mods, lets say... Corrosion?

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: May 16, 2011, 09:33:34 am »

I'm finally going to add some of these to my game, too, for more action. I don't want it to be all about fighting so I thought I'd go for stranglers, blendecs and warwolves as a nice mix of difficulty levels. Maybe minotaurossi too if I feel brave -- or bored. ;) Those who play with the full or almost full mod: do you get any caravans or is it pretty much combat around the clock, the whole year?

Mechatronic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: May 16, 2011, 10:24:18 am »

It's not combat around the clock. Invaders arrive in the last month of every season and you can get rid of them all within a month with decent defences. The problem is that caravans often arrive in the last month, or not at all, so you can go years without any trade.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: May 16, 2011, 12:14:21 pm »

man, this mod is really evil on the challenging setting.

is it possible to be used with other mods, lets say... Corrosion?

As long as the mods you wish to combine with Fortress Defense also include the default weapons, armor, languages, minerals, materials, etc there shouldn't be a problem.

For the Corrosion mod, you'll need to import the vanilla item_armor, language_DWARF/ELF/GOBLIN, item_weapon, item_trapcomp, item_toy, item_shoes, item_shield, item_pants, item_helm, item_gloves, and inorganic_metal - at least, this is what I can tell from preliminary examination of the Corrosion mod.

You'll then need to resolve these duplications somehow:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I'm finally going to add some of these to my game, too, for more action. I don't want it to be all about fighting so I thought I'd go for stranglers, blendecs and warwolves as a nice mix of difficulty levels. Maybe minotaurossi too if I feel brave -- or bored. ;) Those who play with the full or almost full mod: do you get any caravans or is it pretty much combat around the clock, the whole year?

Luckily, the Fortress Defense mod is tailored for easy customization of this kind :)

It's not combat around the clock. Invaders arrive in the last month of every season and you can get rid of them all within a month with decent defences. The problem is that caravans often arrive in the last month, or not at all, so you can go years without any trade.

There is only one late-game civ (War elephants) that attacks during the autumn in Basic, meaning that the dwarven caravan will make it through unless that civ or the goblins attacks. Furthermore, war elephants were not among the civs keric selected, so autumn trade-blocking should not be a problem. The readme has more information on civ active seasons.

Korva

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: May 16, 2011, 12:50:06 pm »

Yep I already tweaked the active seasons to my liking, with an emphasis on summer and winter activity. Now I just need to decide on a nice embark and see how it goes. ;)

ttscha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: May 18, 2011, 11:30:42 pm »

I dont know if i did anything wrong, but im in the end of the 2nd year and i havent had any sieges or ambushes, only a couple of golbin snatches and a minotour.

I copied the files the were in the main directory of the basic version (5 text files) to my raw\objects i saw the civs when i choose the site (didnt count if all of them were there)

any help i have 51 dwarfs as of now

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: May 19, 2011, 12:14:07 am »

It's possible your world lacks Stranglers and Beak Wolves. However, you should be receiving attacks from the other civs soon.

outofpractice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: May 19, 2011, 04:53:06 pm »

Did you gen a new world once you added fortress defence mod into the raws? If not you need to.
Also when picking a site, hit tab a couple of times to see what civs the site has access to. That will let you know what type of sieges etc you should expect.

Generally I've noticed you get around 1 - 1 1/2 years of peace, then all your friends start coming around, trying to drink your booze and eat your plump helmets.

ttscha

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: May 19, 2011, 10:05:03 pm »

hahah true it was just a matter of waiting!

I got attacked by 2 goblin ambushs and sieges both form W and tiger... best FUN i ever had on DF lost 10 dwarfs on the fight but so worth it =D

jsut a simple question with all those bodies outside and their drops is there a easier way to collect all that, than to only go in each one with K and set to clain every item, still learning ( steeep learning curve)

thanks you for the awesome mod

outofpractice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: May 19, 2011, 10:58:51 pm »

Other than mass claiming there is no way in game to manually collect them fast...

however there is now a wonderful DFHack called DFAutodump.

Use that. Designate everything to be dumped (d-b-d, then select the appropriate area covering the bodies). Then get to the 'view' mode (k) and place the X somewhere close where you want all the items / bodies / body parts dropped. Run DFAutodump. then reclaim all the items (d-b-c, over the now 1x1 square covering all the items).

Note that this will move bodies and all. So miasma etc becomes an issue and you have no way of viewing what is left in the pile that I've found. Dwarves will just keep taking stuff from the pile to appropriate stockpiles till there is nothing left to take.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: May 19, 2011, 11:11:22 pm »

hahah true it was just a matter of waiting!

I got attacked by 2 goblin ambushs and sieges both form W and tiger... best FUN i ever had on DF lost 10 dwarfs on the fight but so worth it =D

jsut a simple question with all those bodies outside and their drops is there a easier way to collect all that, than to only go in each one with K and set to clain every item, still learning ( steeep learning curve)

thanks you for the awesome mod

Actually, if you go into your stocks menu, you can forbid/reclaim entire categories of items at once. Usually after a siege, you only need to find copper/iron/bronze breastplates and helmets in the stocks menu, then reclaim and melt them, then go to corpses and bodyparts, and reclaim or dump them as desired.

Goblins are a whole 'nother can of worms. I might release a file that kills all their useless, time-devouring clothing. I'm also considering deleting leather armor from furies in the next version of FDII.

Edit: I should say I use steel weapons so my fortress's equipment can usually be avoided when doing this kind of mass dump/melting. I haven't used the dump utility yet.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:30:57 pm by darkflagrance »

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: May 20, 2011, 10:33:19 am »

Is creature_fortdefense.txt required to play vanilla Defence mod challenge?  The readme isnt too clear as it say copy it over for standard use but also if u want to use only a few civs copy it over too.  So which is correct to play the mod 100%?

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: May 20, 2011, 11:09:56 am »

Why haven't I got any other attacks other than a white tigerman siege?
I'm eager to know.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

foil

• Bay Watcher
  • Yarr!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: May 20, 2011, 02:24:08 pm »

Does the mod also increase the games load and lag usually?  Ive created 3 different small worlds and after saving/loading it takes over 10x longer to load the save back up, Even when the saves are not very big. Even loading up my pre mod land that are much much bigger only takes a few seconds, With DM it can take over 5 mins to load...

Im using Lazy noob pack with ironhand gfx and no other mods.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 80