Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 305437 times)

Falesh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Darkfall Movies
Re: [0.31.25] Fortress Defense Mod II v8: Elven Avengers!
« Reply #510 on: August 09, 2011, 05:18:05 am »

That's good to know. I think my problem might have been making steel equipment in that case as it is worth so much more then iron. This time round I'll go iron and more military more quickly.

sir_laser

• Bay Watcher
  • It's lucky to be smart, but smarter to be lucky.
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 11, 2011, 11:14:56 am »

Has anyone seen multiple age changes when generating worlds size 127x127 or larger? I'm currently generating one right now and it's in the THIRD Age of Myth.
"That is the most amazing thing I have ever read ever."
- Friend's reaction to Bronzemurder

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 11, 2011, 03:50:10 pm »

I regularly see the above in my own world gens. It's probably caused by shifts in the balance of deaths of megabeasts and deaths of civilization members.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: August 16, 2011, 12:39:17 pm »

I've been playing with some other mods (legends of forlorn realms/corrosion), and I'm wondering, is it possible to combine this mod with other mods such as LOFR or the genesis mod without too much effort? I basically want to combine the extra challenge of this mod with the extra castes/items/materials/stuff of those mods.

narhiril

• Bay Watcher
  • [DUTY_BOUND]
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: August 16, 2011, 01:02:18 pm »

I've been playing with some other mods (legends of forlorn realms/corrosion), and I'm wondering, is it possible to combine this mod with other mods such as LOFR or the genesis mod without too much effort? I basically want to combine the extra challenge of this mod with the extra castes/items/materials/stuff of those mods.

LFR does not conflict with Fortress Defense.  The only stock files that LFR touches are entity_default, creature_standard, and item_weapon, none of which are modified by Fortress Defense.  Be warned, though, that having that many hostile races is likely going to erase your fortress rather quickly, since there isn't any reliable way to force them to fight with each other right now.  You might want to pick and choose what entities you want to include.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 16, 2011, 04:18:51 pm »

LFR does not conflict with Fortress Defense.  The only stock files that LFR touches are entity_default, creature_standard, and item_weapon, none of which are modified by Fortress Defense.  Be warned, though, that having that many hostile races is likely going to erase your fortress rather quickly, since there isn't any reliable way to force them to fight with each other right now.  You might want to pick and choose what entities you want to include.

And since I've split up the civilizations into their own files, it should be simple to pick and choose which to add.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:18:04 pm by darkflagrance »

ioi101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 16, 2011, 08:23:11 pm »

So I should be able to just add the fortress defence files on top of a LOFR game. thanks guys.

Jemeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 21, 2011, 01:04:13 pm »

Hey umm Dark Stranglers aren't aquatic right? Becuase they started to siege me and then the river thawed and now almost all of them are chillin in the river...it has been like that for a while now honestly. I don't see any drowning tags or anything.

Edit: nevermind as soon as I unpaused the game(like 2 sec) another group arrived and the first group fled somehow (I don't know how they got out of the river) there were no ramps or anything.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:06:42 pm by Jemeni »

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 21, 2011, 06:02:32 pm »

Hey umm Dark Stranglers aren't aquatic right? Becuase they started to siege me and then the river thawed and now almost all of them are chillin in the river...it has been like that for a while now honestly. I don't see any drowning tags or anything.

Edit: nevermind as soon as I unpaused the game(like 2 sec) another group arrived and the first group fled somehow (I don't know how they got out of the river) there were no ramps or anything.

While they are not aquatic per se, they can swim.

Jemeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: August 21, 2011, 10:30:37 pm »

I might just not know the game well enough.

So only your dwarves can drown or something?

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: August 22, 2011, 06:29:54 am »

Only aquatic, megabeasts and demons will survive without drowning. That means any goblin, dwarf or any other creature designated to live on dry land is going to drown.

The fun thing is that if sieger is riding with aquatic creature the mount WILL swim to get past river/lake, thus causing the rider to drown.
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Jemeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: August 22, 2011, 03:48:55 pm »

Only aquatic, megabeasts and demons will survive without drowning. That means any goblin, dwarf or any other creature designated to live on dry land is going to drown.

Ok with that in mind, Dark Stalkers were surviving in a river and not drowning...
I looked in the raws and I didn't see the aquatic tag(unless I'm looking at the wrong creature STRANGLERFD in Entity_FortDefense)
I'm guessing that there is a bug on my end or something

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 23, 2011, 11:57:20 am »

Ok with that in mind, Dark Stalkers were surviving in a river and not drowning...
I looked in the raws and I didn't see the aquatic tag(unless I'm looking at the wrong creature STRANGLERFD in Entity_FortDefense)
I'm guessing that there is a bug on my end or something

This is no bug.

Dark Stranglers and most of the other FDII races have this tag:

[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]

This means they automatically know how to survive in water, unlike Dwarves or Goblins who have SWIMS_LEARNED, which causes them to drown if they can't learn swimming fast enough. Although SWIMS_INNATE races won't enter water on purpose like AMPHIBIOUS races, they still won't drown unless you put a roof over their heads and prevent them from having any access to air at all.

Jemeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 23, 2011, 02:14:37 pm »

Ohh ok well that explains a lot. Thanks for clearing that up.

katana

• Bay Watcher
  • EVERY TIME I POST PEOPLE RUN AWAY
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 28, 2011, 11:27:48 am »

Nagas just fought off a panda ambush for me :D

Do certain enemies end up hating each other or is this a lucky rare world gen?
AND IF THIS FAILS MY IDENTICAL TWIN BROTHER WHO WILL APPEAR IN THE MIGRANT WAVE THAT ARRIVES AFTER MY DEMISE WILL REPLACE ME.
(Tldr: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FRIENDLY FIRE SALT)
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 80