Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 309215 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I may have some useful data on the disappearing army problem for you. I had several in my previous fort, and though I deleted the save to load today's release (I'm dumb, sorry!) something happened which was interesting. Two of the disappearing armies were Great Fiend Spiders... and each spider dropped a bag during the few ticks he was on the map. On a related note, I have been attacked by GFS crossbowmen without crossbows repeatedly, which leads me to think they can't hold stuff?

If so, is it possible that snatchers are being chosen as either the leaders or the entire membership of armies? If they arrive as an army they would be instantly revealed when they hit the map, and instantly flee. If GFS can't hold things then their snatchers would appear with bags, drop them, and vanish.

Also, loading up the latest release of FD onto the latest version of DF now, so more feedback on spurring is pending.

Looking forward to your testing! :D

I have a pet theory that the GCS crossbowmen are so assigned because of archer skill due to their knowing how to shot web. I consider it an easter egg. ^_^
Though they should have custom profession names to mask the obvious mismatch.

The data you report on snatchers causing disappearing sieges squares with my own experiences during testing. However, since implementing snatching behavior is semi-required to guarantee hostile civs, I am not sure if I can currently repair it with my available resources.

Nevertheless, since this bug afflicts the present implementation of vanilla goblins, if this bug is reported and fixed it will also no longer occur in Fortress Defense civs.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 01:46:40 am by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey, just a minor bug with the FD races to report. I had a Greater Badger Countess consort decide to petition for residence in my fort as a Soldier. That part is working fine, she is training with my military and so on. Problem is for whatever reason she has no description at all. Only reason I know she is a badger is the icon and the description of her fur color under her attributes. For a picture of what I mean see the link below.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

That is a really strange bug. Did she always have no description or was it erased after an event like becoming a resident of the fort?

Tarsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm just going to leave this here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I see terror....

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That is a really strange bug. Did she always have no description or was it erased after an event like becoming a resident of the fort?

I do not know, I didn't check before the petition. If I get another noble type immigrant I will be sure to look. This is likely since after an unfortunate series of events my intrepid badger countess-spouse has about a dozen infected wounds. Are Pandashi really good climbers, because they came up the all like freakin spiderman...

In other news, spurring continues to be a source of hilarity. Fearless violent pets add a whole new level of entertainment to the game; I just had a (disarmed) fury escape during... processing... and run wild in the fortress for a bit. Before losing a duel to the death with a stray piglet. Feisty little oinker kicked its skull in just prior to expiring from blood loss. I'm engraving a slab.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

I do not know, I didn't check before the petition. If I get another noble type immigrant I will be sure to look. This is likely since after an unfortunate series of events my intrepid badger countess-spouse has about a dozen infected wounds. Are Pandashi really good climbers, because they came up the all like freakin spiderman...

In other news, spurring continues to be a source of hilarity. Fearless violent pets add a whole new level of entertainment to the game; I just had a (disarmed) fury escape during... processing... and run wild in the fortress for a bit. Before losing a duel to the death with a stray piglet. Feisty little oinker kicked its skull in just prior to expiring from blood loss. I'm engraving a slab.

That bug is going to be difficult to find. I'm going to see if it gets reproduced outside the mod as well and try to isolate once more data comes in.

Since flying is bugged, many fortress defense races are instead excellent climbers. It just helps them reach you, but doesn't make them better fighters once they do. That's what the full plate is for.

I'm glad to see that spurring continues to provide !!!FUN!!! for the !!!FAMILY!!!.

I'm just going to leave this here.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I see terror....

This wouldn't happen if the snake people were hostile to you (I assume you're playing a babysnatcher race?). Then the nightmares and brush titans would be leading the sieges instead of the caravans, as they rightly should.

Tarsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No dark, that was Meph setting up procedurally generated monsters to live in civs... I'd like to think Titans and such would be neat with Fort Defense.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

No dark, that was Meph setting up procedurally generated monsters to live in civs... I'd like to think Titans and such would be neat with Fort Defense.

It's worth a thought, but I'll have to look into the state of Meph's exports first. If he set them up in a single entity with a thousand castes, that's most of the work done for me.

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Another bug for you. I had a white tiger-man petition to be in my military, and I accepted. He joined and started training, took orders and a room from the Tavern, and even fought the dreaded war elephant menace! I started to pay a bit of attention to him due to the wounds from that, and I found that he was basically a domestic animal. And I could set him to be slaughtered. So I did, and my dwarves took him to the butchers shop and carved him like a ham.

I savescummed so if you want the save with that in it I can provide it.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

...I see no bug there, that's what it always looks like. The creature description is in the thoughts and preferences screen.

I have seen people test married naturalized citizens and find that they can have children who will be full-fledged fortress members. If you can get two single bards who are willing to marry and naturalize, you might be able to get a non-dwarf second generation.
do you know if a creature can marry a different creature? Like a tigerman bard who marries a dwarf.

As far as I know, this is impossible.
The closest thing that I know of is when an already married creature is polymorped. The transformation does not prevent further children.

EDIT: At least in world-gen, that is. I've no idea how it would play out in Fortress Mode.

In my experience, it causes crashes. Might be if they're actually polymorphed instead of actually a different species, lol.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

Another bug for you. I had a white tiger-man petition to be in my military, and I accepted. He joined and started training, took orders and a room from the Tavern, and even fought the dreaded war elephant menace! I started to pay a bit of attention to him due to the wounds from that, and I found that he was basically a domestic animal. And I could set him to be slaughtered. So I did, and my dwarves took him to the butchers shop and carved him like a ham.

I savescummed so if you want the save with that in it I can provide it.

Was he delicious? I for one am glad to do my part to encourage dwarven sentient consumption.

It's probably due to the PET_EXOTIC tag which I kept as a reminder of the reason why I was inspired to add Tigermen in the first place: because elves would bring sentient creatures with clothing and occupations as caged pets. A save can't hurt, although if any friendly Tigerman can be butchered like livestock it might not be necessary.

You could also try removing the pet tags and seeing if the option goes away.

Sardan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Quick question I'm on year four in Fortress Defense mod and still no invasion. I have some War Elephants and within 6 wold map tiles and some beak wolves less then a dozen or so away.  Is this normal. Year is 260 and there are still 34 civs
 Thanks
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 03:26:24 pm by Sardan »

fearlesslittletoaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That sucks man, and its really strange. Played a dozen FD forts now and never had something like that happen. What is your population exactly, and your exported wealth?

For contrast I'm on year three in my current fort and I just got a siege by the Ruthertaurs, who had conquered a bunch of badger man and war elephant sites so they attacked with all three races in their army. Then they were ambushed by about fifty ferric elves pretty much at my front gate, who were hostile to all parties. A horrific three way mele ensued after all ammunition was expended trying to bring the elephants down. The survivors are still trying to get all the corpses dumped. 

Sardan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

I guess I need to start exporting some wealth maybe  :)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile

You can definitely try exporting wealth and getting the word out that your fort is worth attacking.

Also, rarely enemies can take as many as five years to start attacking - four years is not too improbable in the current version, unfortunately.

Furthermore, depending on your settings you may unintentionally discourage sieges (worlds with many oceans, few civ sites, and smaller populations)

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 80