Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 305444 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.05] Fortress Defense Mod II R v20: Individual Entity Files!
« Reply #1065 on: August 06, 2016, 01:46:01 pm »

(the tags to produce music/instruments/poetry, and the mercenary tags)
I feel not-so-smart that I did not see the correlation between instrument making and visiting bards...

I got some reports about spiderfiends etc visiting, razing workshops and causing a ruckus, but I cant find the tags in the entity file that would stop that. I'm using a slightly older version:

Code: [Select]
entity_fd_spiderfiend

!NO_CIV_ACTIVE_WEBBERFD!OBJECT:ENTITY]

[ENTITY:WEBBERFD]

!NO_ADV_MODE_WEBBERFD!ALL_MAIN_POPS_CONTROLLABLE]

[PERMITTED_REACTION:MATERIALS_DEFAULT]WEBBERFD_MATERIALS

YES_BODYGUARDS_WEBBERFD[DIPLOMAT_BODYGUARDS]
YES_BODYGUARDS_WEBBERFD[MERCHANT_BODYGUARDS]
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POPULATION:4]WEBBERFD_TRADE
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PRODUCTION:4]WEBBERFD_TRADE
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE:4]WEBBERFD_TRADE
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_POP_SIEGE:4]WEBBERFD_SIEGE
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_PROD_SIEGE:4]WEBBERFD_SIEGE
[PROGRESS_TRIGGER_TRADE_SIEGE:4]WEBBERFD_SIEGE

!NO_ACTIVE_SPRING_WEBBERFD!ACTIVE_SEASON:SPRING]
!NO_ACTIVE_SUMMER_WEBBERFD!ACTIVE_SEASON:SUMMER]
YES_ACTIVE_AUTUMN_WEBBERFD[ACTIVE_SEASON:AUTUMN]
YES_ACTIVE_WINTER_WEBBERFD[ACTIVE_SEASON:WINTER]

!NO_SIEGER_WEBBERFD!SIEGER]
YES_AMBUSHER_WEBBERFD[AMBUSHER]
!NO_SKULKING_WEBBERFD!SKULKING]
YES_BABYSNATCHER_WEBBERFD[BABYSNATCHER]
YES_ITEMTHIEF_WEBBERFD[ITEM_THIEF]

[CREATURE:SPIDER_FIEND_FD]

[CURRENCY_BY_YEAR]
[CURRENCY:COPPER:1]
[CURRENCY:SILVER:5]
[CURRENCY:GOLD:15]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:NAME_WAR]
[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:WAR:VIOLENT]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:BATTLE:NAME_BATTLE]
[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:BATTLE:VIOLENT]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:SIEGE:NAME_SIEGE]
[SUBSELECT_SYMBOL:SIEGE:VIOLENT]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:ROAD:NAME_ROAD]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:TUNNEL:NAME_TUNNEL]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:BRIDGE:NAME_BRIDGE]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:WALL:NAME_WALL]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:TEMPLE:NAME_BUILDING_TEMPLE]
[SELECT_SYMBOL:LIBRARY:NAME_BUILDING_LIBRARY]
SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:DARKNESS
SELECT_SYMBOL:REMAINING:DEATH
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:DOMESTIC]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:SUBORDINATE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:FLOWERY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:PEACE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:HOLY]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:GOOD]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:ARTIFICE]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:AQUATIC]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:NEW]
[CULL_SYMBOL:ALL:ROMANTIC]
[EQUIPMENT_IMPROVEMENTS]
[FRIENDLY_COLOR:1:0:1]
[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:TREE_CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:PLAYER_FORTRESS]
[START_BIOME:ANY_FOREST]
[START_BIOME:ANY_SHRUBLAND]
[START_BIOME:MOUNTAIN]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_FOREST:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:MOUNTAIN:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_GRASSLAND:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SAVANNA:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_SHRUBLAND:3]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_WETLAND:2]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:2]
[MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:100]
[MAX_POP_NUMBER:10000]
[MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:120]
[PERMITTED_JOB:HUNTER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:TRAPPER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BONE_CARVER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:WEAVER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:CLOTHIER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:STRAND_EXTRACTOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FISHERMAN]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FISH_DISSECTOR]
[PERMITTED_JOB:FISH_CLEANER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:BUTCHER]
[PERMITTED_JOB:TANNER]
[PERMITTED_BUILDING:SOAP_MAKER]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:TAN_A_HIDE]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:RENDER_FAT]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_SOAP]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_PEARLASH]
[PERMITTED_REACTION:MAKE_PLASTER_POWDER]
[ABUSE_BODIES]
[ETHIC:KILL_ENTITY_MEMBER:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_NEUTRAL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_ENEMY:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:KILL_PLANT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_AS_EXAMPLE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_INFORMATION:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TORTURE_ANIMALS:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:TREASON:PUNISH_CAPITAL]
[ETHIC:OATH_BREAKING:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:LYING:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:VANDALISM:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:TRESPASSING:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:THEFT:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:ASSAULT:PERSONAL_MATTER]
[ETHIC:SLAVERY:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_OTHER:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:EAT_SAPIENT_KILL:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAME_RACE:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_SAPIENT:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:MAKE_TROPHY_ANIMAL:ACCEPTABLE]
[VALUE:LAW:0]
[VALUE:LOYALTY:0]
[VALUE:FAMILY:0]
[VALUE:FRIENDSHIP:0]
[VALUE:POWER:0]
[VALUE:TRUTH:0]
[VALUE:CUNNING:0]
[VALUE:ELOQUENCE:0]
[VALUE:FAIRNESS:0]
[VALUE:DECORUM:0]
[VALUE:TRADITION:0]
[VALUE:ARTWORK:0]
[VALUE:COOPERATION:0]
[VALUE:INDEPENDENCE:0]
[VALUE:STOICISM:0]
[VALUE:INTROSPECTION:0]
[VALUE:SELF_CONTROL:0]
[VALUE:TRANQUILITY:0]
[VALUE:HARMONY:0]
[VALUE:MERRIMENT:0]
[VALUE:CRAFTSMANSHIP:0]
[VALUE:MARTIAL_PROWESS:0]
[VALUE:SKILL:0]
[VALUE:HARD_WORK:0]
[VALUE:SACRIFICE:0]
[VALUE:COMPETITION:0]
[VALUE:PERSEVERANCE:0]
[VALUE:LEISURE_TIME:0]
[VALUE:COMMERCE:0]
[VALUE:ROMANCE:0]
[VALUE:NATURE:0]
[VALUE:PEACE:0]
[WILL_ACCEPT_TRIBUTE]
[VARIABLE_POSITIONS:ALL]
[BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS]
[BANDITRY:1]

It's most likely thieves who are visiting and destroying things, which cannot be stopped without removing the BABY SNATCHER tag.

I recommend removing the BUILDING DESTROYER from the spiders instead.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Xinrai

• Bay Watcher
  • Here for some reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 09, 2016, 01:58:52 pm »

Just in case this hasn't come up yet, I just noticed that the spurring interaction is causing a minor spam of combat reports from visitors.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 12, 2016, 12:51:06 am »

Just in case this hasn't come up yet, I just noticed that the spurring interaction is causing a minor spam of combat reports from visitors.

Given that, in addition to this bug, spurring is not doing what it ought to be doing, it is a strong candidate for disabling when I next edit the mod.

Xinrai

• Bay Watcher
  • Here for some reason
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 13, 2016, 01:30:59 pm »

So a troupe of Raptor people came and petitioned. I accepted them. Now they claimed most of my nest boxes and are laying eggs in them!  :o

I'm not complaining about free food (as long as they are okay with my dorfs eating them), but you can't breed them this way, right? I think some of the bird women do this too in vanilla.

I also just like to imagine the situation where the raptor woman bard, instrument in hand, is sitting on a nest box while a cautious dwarf approaches in hopes of taking the eggs.

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 13, 2016, 04:41:07 pm »

So a troupe of Raptor people came and petitioned. I accepted them. Now they claimed most of my nest boxes and are laying eggs in them!  :o

I'm not complaining about free food (as long as they are okay with my dorfs eating them), but you can't breed them this way, right? I think some of the bird women do this too in vanilla.

I also just like to imagine the situation where the raptor woman bard, instrument in hand, is sitting on a nest box while a cautious dwarf approaches in hopes of taking the eggs.

I love that image :D

My dwarves personally found naga eggs delicious when cooked into roasts O_O so eating them should be fine.

I thiiiiiink breeding them is possible but they need to be married and in contact with their spouses to lay fertile eggs. It's always been a goal of mine to breed egg-laying guests in a dwarven fort and thereby get hordes of disposable soldiers, but I haven't succeeded yet.

Tarsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 22, 2016, 06:28:50 am »

I finally had some time to actually sit down and play some DF. Some caveats: I am playing with some other home-brewed mods (mainly 5 semi neutral civs to trade with), no imps, and FD2, Rv19b. I created a small region with 30 civs, found a likely embark location, and set out. 2 miners, a carpenter, a farmer, a mechanic, and 2 well equipped soldiers. The soldiers immediately set to training, while the miners dug a tiny burrow to hide the plebs in. The miners and support staff pushed through a 4 level aquifer (my first successful aquifer breach!) as the soldiers trained in a pasture outside the burrow, watched by idle war dogs. There were several incursions by feral camels that kept wood hauling exciting.

The crafting halls were complete, the dining hall was flush with booze, the temple was rough but functional, forges and fields, stills and kitchens, a grand entry hall! Things were going exceedingly well for us. The overseer didn't feel he had to increase the militia, and needed many more miners, and a broker to trade with the good dwarves, humans, gnolls, crabmen, and minotaurs that were visiting as the seasons changed.

One fine summer day, Ambush!, some raptor women came storming across the desert, wiping clean the alpaca pasture, mauling several of the dangerous feral camels, and finally battling with our spearmaster and axelord. Our soldiers managed to take down all but one raptor woman, who bit through their bronze helms and fractured their skulls. The raptor woman continued into the great entry hall until she reached the tavern entrance, where a visiting giant swept out and punched her across the hall and smashed her to bits on the opposing wall. He was there to hear poetry, and was not happy with the interruption!

Since that day, the overseer has been struggling to keep 2 full squads of soldier alive and equipped long enough to defend the fortress from incursion, but the nakash, raptor men, white tigermen, and an occasional squad of furies keeps their numbers down.

This is the most fun I've had since 34.x.  The enemies are coming just strong enough, and just frequent enough, that I am always on my back foot. I occasionally have to rob a caravan of everything they have just to keep ahead of the game. Almost without fail, my soldiers weaken the enemy just enough so the enemy cannot wipe out my tavern of visitors. Then I have the new recruits wash the old recruits out of their "new" armor. This is probably the first fortress I've ever played where I get attacked every year (after the third), sometimes even two or three times a year, and the true threat isn't FBs or titans, or vampires, or tantrum spirals. It's outright fight for your life from the hounds of hell at your gates. I love it, thanks!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 23, 2016, 08:39:59 pm »

I finally had some time to actually sit down and play some DF. Some caveats: I am playing with some other home-brewed mods (mainly 5 semi neutral civs to trade with), no imps, and FD2, Rv19b. I created a small region with 30 civs, found a likely embark location, and set out. 2 miners, a carpenter, a farmer, a mechanic, and 2 well equipped soldiers. The soldiers immediately set to training, while the miners dug a tiny burrow to hide the plebs in. The miners and support staff pushed through a 4 level aquifer (my first successful aquifer breach!) as the soldiers trained in a pasture outside the burrow, watched by idle war dogs. There were several incursions by feral camels that kept wood hauling exciting.

The crafting halls were complete, the dining hall was flush with booze, the temple was rough but functional, forges and fields, stills and kitchens, a grand entry hall! Things were going exceedingly well for us. The overseer didn't feel he had to increase the militia, and needed many more miners, and a broker to trade with the good dwarves, humans, gnolls, crabmen, and minotaurs that were visiting as the seasons changed.

One fine summer day, Ambush!, some raptor women came storming across the desert, wiping clean the alpaca pasture, mauling several of the dangerous feral camels, and finally battling with our spearmaster and axelord. Our soldiers managed to take down all but one raptor woman, who bit through their bronze helms and fractured their skulls. The raptor woman continued into the great entry hall until she reached the tavern entrance, where a visiting giant swept out and punched her across the hall and smashed her to bits on the opposing wall. He was there to hear poetry, and was not happy with the interruption!

Since that day, the overseer has been struggling to keep 2 full squads of soldier alive and equipped long enough to defend the fortress from incursion, but the nakash, raptor men, white tigermen, and an occasional squad of furies keeps their numbers down.

This is the most fun I've had since 34.x.  The enemies are coming just strong enough, and just frequent enough, that I am always on my back foot. I occasionally have to rob a caravan of everything they have just to keep ahead of the game. Almost without fail, my soldiers weaken the enemy just enough so the enemy cannot wipe out my tavern of visitors. Then I have the new recruits wash the old recruits out of their "new" armor. This is probably the first fortress I've ever played where I get attacked every year (after the third), sometimes even two or three times a year, and the true threat isn't FBs or titans, or vampires, or tantrum spirals. It's outright fight for your life from the hounds of hell at your gates. I love it, thanks!

I've read your account multiple times. This feeling of quicksand, of having to live on the edge and do things you never thought you'd do for survival is exactly what I hope to achieve with this mod. Reading your post made me extremely proud and thankful that players like you can enjoy my work :)

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 24, 2016, 10:01:26 pm »

This is only sorta related to your mod but do you know how I can safely remove goblins from the worldgen? I made a bunch of worlds using your mod and goblins take up SO much of the population. Im talking 60k goblins and the next highest will be 20k war wolves or something. Gobbos are just wastes of space compared to all your modded civs. I don't want the goblins taking up the population cap or making my computer slower trying to track so many of its sites and fortresses.

Anyway I love this mod so much. I get bored on vanilla these days because iv gotten so "good" at the game. Now I can be tested again and actually have my forts end with FUN instead of FPS death
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: August 24, 2016, 10:52:27 pm »

This is only sorta related to your mod but do you know how I can safely remove goblins from the worldgen? I made a bunch of worlds using your mod and goblins take up SO much of the population. Im talking 60k goblins and the next highest will be 20k war wolves or something. Gobbos are just wastes of space compared to all your modded civs. I don't want the goblins taking up the population cap or making my computer slower trying to track so many of its sites and fortresses.

Anyway I love this mod so much. I get bored on vanilla these days because iv gotten so "good" at the game. Now I can be tested again and actually have my forts end with FUN instead of FPS death

There are quite a few ways of doing so, but all of them will require generating a new world without goblins.

One way is to just find the ENTITY:EVIL in the entity_default.txt file and just delete that line and everything after it until the next entity (ENTITY:SKULKING).

Another is to tweak the below numbers to be smaller
[MAX_STARTING_CIV_NUMBER:100]
[MAX_POP_NUMBER:10000]
[MAX_SITE_POP_NUMBER:120]
Or delete only the below tags:
[START_BIOME:ANY_LAND]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ALL_MAIN:1]
[BIOME_SUPPORT:ANY_RIVER:1]

As a bonus, you can change the CREATURE:GOBLIN token in the ENTITY:EVIL to some other intelligent creature, like one of the fortress defense races (WEREWOLFFD maybe?) or even vanilla races like the DRAGON, MINOTAUR, TROLL, GREMLIN, KOBOLD, SATYR...

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the mod. I wish you many happy hours of !!!FUN!!! and *Slaughter*

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 25, 2016, 11:25:58 am »

Go to the entity file, find [ENTITY:EVIL] and delete the brackets before generating a new world. That should be enough to get rid of the goblin new while still allowing you to keep their entity around in case you want to modify it later.

flyteofheart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: August 28, 2016, 12:04:00 am »

lol im definitely in "quick sand" mode right now. I have rules against stuff like weapon traps and silly drawbridges that seal us away from everything

So the first massive invasion of beakwolves nearly ended my fort. it turns out an unskilled militia gets overwhelmed by 70 beak wolves even if those are supposed to be weak XD

only thing that "saved" me was the large amount of visiting tigermen chilling in the tavern with weapons
Encrusted with fried bread and menacing with spikes of coconuts
living the dream

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: August 28, 2016, 02:10:26 am »

lol im definitely in "quick sand" mode right now. I have rules against stuff like weapon traps and silly drawbridges that seal us away from everything

So the first massive invasion of beakwolves nearly ended my fort. it turns out an unskilled militia gets overwhelmed by 70 beak wolves even if those are supposed to be weak XD

only thing that "saved" me was the large amount of visiting tigermen chilling in the tavern with weapons

Yes, it seems that in the current version Beakwolves silently became more of a threat due to changed mechanics. Where in the past their feeble teeth materials failed to pierce any respectable metal, now their larger size allows them to apply force and twisting to fragile dwarven limbs or to chomp down on skulls through helmets.

Lordsservent-san

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: August 28, 2016, 02:29:06 am »

Yeah. The force mechanic is cool and adds a good realizing level to the game, but it can easily bite your dwarves or whatever else you're playing in the ass when they encounter high velocity and/or high force att is, by breaking joints through your Masterowork steel armour or whatever you're using for your dwarves.
Yes, it seems that in the current version Beakwolves silently became more of a threat due to changed mechanics. Where in the past their feeble teeth materials failed to pierce any respectable metal, now their larger size allows them to apply force and twisting to fragile dwarven limbs or to chomp down on skulls through helmets.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: August 28, 2016, 03:53:41 am »

I'm pretty sure the bite mechanic got glitched on the latest release, since even bite attacks that glance off armor entirely end up 'latching on', and subsequent attacks somehow bypass armor entirely. In 43.03 and before the bite needed to do some damage at least before it could latch on.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: August 28, 2016, 04:29:13 pm »

I'm pretty sure the bite mechanic got glitched on the latest release, since even bite attacks that glance off armor entirely end up 'latching on', and subsequent attacks somehow bypass armor entirely. In 43.03 and before the bite needed to do some damage at least before it could latch on.

I'm thinking that for now I'll leave the Beakwolves and other biting races as they are now that they can counter armor. After all, Beakwolves are unarmored, so they should still be relatively easy to kill, but even an established fort will have to tread carefully around them.

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 80