Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80

Author Topic: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!  (Read 305473 times)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [0.43.05] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!
« Reply #1170 on: August 20, 2017, 01:17:54 am »

In a small region, 2-cavern max, 20 starting civ, for 150 year world-gen, I have 1 dying dwarf civ left. 

I opened a tavern for all early, and I have Honey Badger Bards, Greater Badger Berserker mercenaries. 

Nakash Dancers, Goblin Dancer soon followed. 

Then Frost Ettin Bard and Spearmans merc. 

So far so good.  I started getting Blood Cyclopse mercs, Greater Ogre mercs. 

Then Eldjotun Recruit joined, to my dismay, this guy breathes fire and end up killing my dwarf captain. 

I also have a War Elephant merc who went enraged while sparring with my dwarf captain who survived, but that was scarry.

Some 5 years later, those who petition started petitioning to be citizens. 

I feel it is kinda iffy to have Eldjotun and War Elephant recruits. 

YetAnotherLurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 03, 2017, 05:05:45 pm »

I threw these together ages ago, but never really got around to posting them for some reason. War Elephants in the GemSet style. Assorted ranged-weapon spots are currently just a default armored elephant, because I couldn't really think of a good way to have them wield a bow, but better than nothing.

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 12, 2017, 02:02:34 pm »

Hello,
I'm trying to mod my DF using LNP, specifically with Fortress Defense II. Dwarf Fortress Hangs when I try to embark after setting up my embark.
The error log points to a problem at finalizing creatures. It has an issue with not recognizing tokens. Is this due to trying to mod the LNP DF or am I doing something absolutely wrong?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
[0.43.05] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21 + War & Mythos
« Reply #1173 on: November 16, 2017, 11:54:34 pm »

Hello,
I'm trying to mod my DF using LNP, specifically with Fortress Defense II. Dwarf Fortress Hangs when I try to embark after setting up my embark.
The error log points to a problem at finalizing creatures. It has an issue with not recognizing tokens. Is this due to trying to mod the LNP DF or am I doing something absolutely wrong?

Darkflagrance mentioned there had been mysterious crashing as his last message. Errors with creatures = doom. Adding many civilizations into DF is harrowing work, in the best case scenario.

Wanted to mention here, that I'm testing out select parts of FDII in Dark Ages for the next release. It's turning out pretty sexy. Unfortunately, it looks like Darkflagrance has been gone a long while now as I planned to ask if he had any objections.

I'm using a fairly small % of FDII and blending it in. Turns out, a number of powerful monsters overlap between the mods already. If FDII players have suggestions, let me know so I can take them into consideration before the Dark Ages v37 release.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 12:09:50 am by GM-X »
Dark Ages IV: DF & Skyrim mods + Survival Sims 
http://AdventRPG.com/

ildabaoth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: January 24, 2018, 08:58:52 pm »

Hi guys,

My apologies if this has already been answered. I searched, but I didn't find anything. I have an issue with Dark stranglers. I've had a few waves of sieges by them. Nothing too hard with iron armor besides the ocasional punch in the head that destroys the upper spine. The problem is, their corpses are butchered and whereas their bones, skulls and leather can be used, there are other parts called dark strangler bronze (or dark strangler leg/arm bronze or so) which apparently can't be processed. I tried melting them and the dark strangler bronzes (apparently not the arm/legs, tho) are taken to the furnaces and it seems the operator melts them, but the outcome is dark strangler bronze again.

Is there something that can be done beyond atom smashing them? I could also entirely refuse to process the corpses, but the bones, skulls and leather are useful (trying to limit my farm animals to prevent DPS reduction).

Thanks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just wanted to let you know that this exists:

Vordak made a full set of 32x sprites for your invaders. :)

You can get it here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=165118.msg7753886#msg7753886
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: [0.44.12+] Fortress Defense Mod II R v21: Progress Trigger and Bug Fixes!
« Reply #1176 on: September 11, 2018, 10:51:17 pm »

Turns out this mod is still compatible with the current version. Updated the version numbers accordingly.

Still, with all the hard mode changes, it will probably be a lot harder to survive without some mods to make dwarves out of sterner stuff. I also still need to remove everyone's teeth.

I'm not sure if Dwarf Fortress's dev path is hospitable to my personal preferences on what I want forts to do (personal relationships and stress breaking fort balance, progress triggers need to be reworked due to the living world update), and I also don't know if I can stay committed to personal projects instead of withdrawing into hermitic solitude again, but we'll see.

Time to get drunk again and forget all this.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 10:57:02 pm by darkflagrance »
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

Demonbutter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: October 22, 2018, 10:27:29 am »

I wanted a little more strife in my mostly Vanilla games so I remembered this fun mod. It's hilariously unbalanced now with a squad of 10 dwarfs equipped with Steel get utterly destroyed by a single Bagerfolk or Nightwings. A bummer, I hope you do come back at some point to this personal project.

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1178 on: October 22, 2018, 03:36:25 pm »

I wanted a little more strife in my mostly Vanilla games so I remembered this fun mod. It's hilariously unbalanced now with a squad of 10 dwarfs equipped with Steel get utterly destroyed by a single Bagerfolk or Nightwings. A bummer, I hope you do come back at some point to this personal project.

I've made mods to FD:II running in DA:III, although only select monsters are included. If you try it, let me know if you encounter glaring unbalances.

HumanScholar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: October 22, 2018, 06:06:35 pm »

I've had my eye on this mod for ages. I had to stop using it when the stress update came out and hauling 100x teeth destroyed my forts. I would loooove for this to be brought up-to-date.

GM-X, for someone who isn't ready to move as far away from vanilla as DA:III, do you think the balanced FD creatures are easily extracted for stand-alone use? Maybe even just a couple of them?

GM-X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • AdventRPG.com
« Reply #1180 on: October 26, 2018, 05:06:57 am »

I've had my eye on this mod for ages. I had to stop using it when the stress update came out and hauling 100x teeth destroyed my forts. I would loooove for this to be brought up-to-date.

GM-X, for someone who isn't ready to move as far away from vanilla as DA:III, do you think the balanced FD creatures are easily extracted for stand-alone use? Maybe even just a couple of them?

Depending on your embark location, Dark Ages can be almost 100% vanilla. Legendary Dwarves are resistant to stress, not sure to what extent it counters the stress issues.

I've been thinking more about DF mods that either add one race like Xeno's which you can avoid vs. near total conversion mods where 100% chance you get non-vanilla content. The scope of DF worlds and changes to sieges make striking a middle ground difficult. Having said that, I do think a minimal version of FD:II would work but you might need to get lucky to face war.

Did you have many sieges playing vanilla 44.12?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2018, 05:08:28 am by GM-X »

HumanScholar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: October 30, 2018, 02:30:59 am »

Did you have many sieges playing vanilla 44.12?

I got a moderate number. It helped to use the Legends Viewer to check that there were sufficient goblin pops who weren't too busy fighting any other civs.

I almost certainly will try DA:III, too, eventually -- I just like the idea of vanilla DF with a little variety in combat.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 03:16:06 am by HumanScholar »

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: November 06, 2018, 05:59:06 pm »

Does anyone know how to change the Alignment of the various Fortress defense Races? Was hoping to use them with Boltgun's Succubi, but many of them seem to start off Allies of Succubi. While I am fine with some of there, others I am not as much.

UselessMcMiner

• Bay Watcher
  • praise jeebus
    • View Profile

So is this mod dead? Will it ever be updated again?
The scouts have been fighting a giant capuchin for the past month now. They still haven't killed it.

Obsidian 1053

The Sentries are still fighting the capuchin. For two monthes they have done nothing but punch this monkey.

gazaren

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So is this mod dead? Will it ever be updated again?

The mod works fine in the latest version (44.12).
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80