Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27

Author Topic: Pokéthulhu Orange [UPDATE: 25] [HIATUS]  (Read 103599 times)

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 5]
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2010, 10:01:28 am »

Give mother one of your cigarettes, which you keep on you at all times, and scream something at your mother in an inhuman tongue.

Then go outside for a walk in the grass.
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2010, 10:46:08 am »

Tell your mother that cigarette smoke creates (the Pokethulhu equivalent of) Grimer, and she'll kill us all with her terrible habit.

Then go outside for a walk in the grass. You've heard rumors than an insane researchers guards some sort of treasure out there.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2010, 02:58:04 pm »

Take her pack of smokes and throw them out the window. When she goes out to get them, leave-- and lock the door behind you.

That'll learn her.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2010, 06:25:26 pm »

Just go outside quickly.

Get as for as posible away from your mother.

Right! Consequences be damned! You decide to man up, leg out, and-

Your mother glares at you.

"Oh yeah, that's right. Just up and skip out. No need to worry about me. Who cares how I feel? It's a world of death and darkness out there and you'd rather roll the dice with it than help me find one lousy pack of cigarettes to help put enough haze on the world to keep on going. Sure. Whatever. Just like your father."

Sigh. Your mother's GUILT TRIP is super-effective.

Give mother one of your cigarettes, which you keep on you at all times, and scream something at your mother in an inhuman tongue.

Then go outside for a walk in the grass.

You're 10! Mother's motto has always been 'do what I say, not what I do' and so she's never let you smoke. You like the smell, though. They were Father's brand. You do muster enough gumption to mutter one choice curse under your breath, though. Haha! You didn't even think you could rhyme anything 'Stuttering ghoulbog'. That'll show her.

...and you're pretty sure that wasn't one of the Forbidden Curses.

Take her pack of smokes and throw them out the window. When she goes out to get them, leave-- and lock the door behind you.

That'll learn her.

The packs that Mother has gathered around here are all empty. You'd have to find a pack first, and if you had one, you think she'd be placated enough to just let you pass. It's a good plan, though. You make a mental note to find two packs - she'll smoke through the first one quick enough, and then the other will be PLAN B if need be.

Now, where the hell does someone lose a pack of cigarettes? You once found the television remote inside a book shoved in your pillow. This'll be interesting.
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 6] [LIVE]
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2010, 06:27:32 pm »

Check in the flower pot, bookshelves, then grab something heavy and smash though that T.V. It probably has some loot in it.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2010, 06:29:49 pm »

TV loot would be too heavy to carry, so let's not. Let's look underneath the TV (If applicable), as well as around it though.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2010, 06:34:36 pm »

1) Log onto the computer
2) Access Remote Storage
3) Retrieve Cigarettes
4) ???
5) Profit!
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2010, 06:35:39 pm »

smash though that T.V. It probably has some loot in it.

Or it will contain an insane Rotom that feeds on the eternal torment of the souls of small children.
...Both would be acceptable outcomes.
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2010, 06:37:27 pm »

Screw placating your mother, then. Her crippling nicotine temptation isn't your problem. Sneak out an upstairs window and leave her to withdrawal.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2010, 06:50:31 pm »

Screw placating your mother, then. Her crippling nicotine temptation isn't your problem. Sneak out an upstairs window and leave her to withdrawal.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2010, 07:06:08 pm »

Check the item deposit box and get a pack of cigarettes from there.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2010, 07:07:38 pm »

Check in the flower pot, bookshelves, then grab something heavy and smash though that T.V. It probably has some loot in it.

TV loot would be too heavy to carry, so let's not. Let's look underneath the TV (If applicable), as well as around it though.

You check out the bookshelf. There's not a lot here - mostly picture albums, from when Father was-

Old pic. It's... nice. You don't remember when it was taken, but you guess that from how old you look, it must have been around the time that Father left. You decide to put it in your BACKPACK. Mother doesn't seem to mind as she watches you.

smash though that T.V. It probably has some loot in it.

Or it will contain an insane Rotom that feeds on the eternal torment of the souls of small children.
...Both would be acceptable outcomes.

You glare at that jerk TV. It's never worked right. The reception is shitty and it always ghosts.

....but it would hurt like a bitch if you wailed on it. And then Mother definitely wouldn't let you leave the house. And what's worse is that she'd probably just take your TV to replace it, leaving you with nothing.

It's a long way down. Gymnastics ain't exactly the core of the home-school curriculum. You sure you want to risk it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 7] [LIVE]
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2010, 07:13:57 pm »

Let's keep trying to find the cigarettes before doing anything drastic. Search the tree, then ...

Turn the game console on. Prepare to run away screaming. Turn the TV off if nothing bad happens.

Edit: Search the windows, bed, and underneath the desk as well.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 07:18:32 pm by Nirur Torir »

Omegastick

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy musician man
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 31, 2010, 07:14:32 pm »

Sorry, must have missed that about capacity. Anyways, I can't think of where to find the cigarettes, so just carefully climb out of the window.
I make music under the name Flag Red, check me out:
Soundcloud
Youtube
Facebook

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 31, 2010, 07:19:46 pm »

Invoke the Great Old one, Ho-ohq to liberate you from your mother's clutches.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 27