Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27

Author Topic: Pokéthulhu Orange [UPDATE: 25] [HIATUS]  (Read 103584 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 10] [LIVE]
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2010, 12:20:14 am »

BEGIN QUEST TO RETURN COLOUR TO THE WORLD
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2010, 12:24:57 am »

Hey guys... do you notice anything... odd about that girl? Are those fangs I spy?
Nope. Just looks like grass to me.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2010, 12:26:26 am »

Hey guys... do you notice anything... odd about that girl? Are those fangs I spy?
Nope. Just looks like grass to me.

I saw it.
I say speak to her anyway.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2010, 12:39:29 am »

Converse with nearby person.

You don't know who this person is. You've never really had neighbours - Solton's so out of the way you're surprised that people come through here at all. There's the Professor but - well, he has problems all of his own. You suspect he and your mother live in Solton for the same reason that makes visitors so rare.

Either way, you try to introduce yourself to her. She gives her name as REBECCA MALUS. She's here with her FAT HUSBAND and his OLD HAG MOTHER. Apparently Solton's known for its relative calm and quiet to the world at large. They're looking... well, she points it bluntly. They're looking for a place for Old Hag Mother to die. She nods her head towards the mouth of the river just south of here and say they're checking out the land.

You try to ask more questions but she just grunts and pounds impatiently on her CELLPHONE.

...there was something strange about that forced smile she gave you. Perhaps it's best to keep an eye out on her.

Examine small animal head on nearby post.

I'm cool with examining the head, though.

Examine tiny Rhydon head.

It's... a small skull. Nailed to a small wooden pillar. It's a superstition thing - Mother thinks it will keep out the bad 'thulhus. You'd always snark that they're all bad. She'd always threaten do nail your head out here as a warning to everything else. You're tempted to snag it, but you know it'd just freak Mother out.

You can't tell what kind of 'thulhu it used to be. Every time you'd ask she'd just mumble something and change the subject. Maybe it used to be one of Father's?

Examine the odd line to the west.

It's just a rough patch of ground. A lot of the area's dug up like this. Either from 'thulhus or people digging for... gods know what.

Read the signs

You think it'd be a good way to get yourself re-acquainted with the town. You know what the one by your house says, though.

"BLACKWOOD RESIDENCE - NO ADMISSION"

Ah, Mother. Always the social butterfly.

This is the ABANDONED HOUSE to the east of yours. You think the Professor used to live here with his family until... something happened. Mother's never said anything and the Professor has never been the most social of people. He lives and sleeps at his Lab now. The house is in a pretty sorry state - you can see one of the windows is broken and the boards covering the lower storey are beginning to rot away. Still sturdy, though.

The sign is too faded to read but you can just make out the letters "WIL_O_ RESI__N_E".

This one simply says "SOLTON - ONE RAY OF SUNSHINE". It's a sign for visitors.

This is the last sign you can find around town. It reads "PROFESSOR WILLOW'S LABORATORY - APPOINTMENTS ONLY". You don't have an appointment but as the only MU-Accredited expert in the area, surely he'd know you're starting your Pokthulhu adventure today.

Right?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 06:37:20 pm by Dasleah »
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 11] [LIVE]
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2010, 12:41:49 am »

--> "Willow residence."

Hmm... think we should check it out?
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2010, 12:42:44 am »

SNAG THE SKULL.

YOU WERE EITHER HINTING AT ITS USEFULNESS OR TELLING US TO FUCK OFF.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2010, 12:43:53 am »

Am I the only one who thinks that the box in the top-left corner of the downstairs television is suspicious?

Determine own gender.
Knock on lab door.
Leave skull alone.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 01, 2010, 12:44:38 am »

Who would put a sign in the middle of flowerbed? Ask the other guy rudely standing on the grass

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 01, 2010, 12:51:14 am »

--> "Willow residence."

Hmm... think we should check it out?

I say examine it more in-depth once we've talked to the Professor about getting started on our quest.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 01, 2010, 12:53:27 am »

Talk to old hag and fat husband then go wander around in the grass to the north.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #85 on: August 01, 2010, 01:02:56 am »

(CJ1145 has been muted for 3 days)
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 01, 2010, 01:09:38 am »

(CJ1145 has been muted for 3 days)
If I had cash to spare I would donate all of it right now.

e: This place is a dump. Let's go find Mom. She hasn't even given us our allowance this week.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2010, 01:13:13 am by Makrond »
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 01, 2010, 01:14:49 am »

We should speak the professor first.
We don't know what we might encounter on the way to find her.

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 01, 2010, 02:02:48 am »

Who would put a sign in the middle of flowerbed? Ask the other guy rudely standing on the grass

This must be Rebecca's Fat Husband. You deduce this from the man's girth, approximate age, and the fact he's the only male in town that's not you or the Professor.

You introduce yourself. He doesn't seem much interested in conversation. You enquire about his reasons for visiting Solton. He just snorts and waves the ball of pudge he calls a hand over by the river where his mother stands. He just kinda grunts, says "Mother." and shrugs a little before stopping for breath. You decide not to press the point and he takes this as a sign to pull a chocolate bar out of somewhere.

Talk to old hag

She just kinda... stares at the water. You don't think you saw her move once as you were checking out the signs around town. She's obviously quite frail. You try making conversation but she doesn't respond. As you turn away, however, she does say something. You can barely make it out - her voice sounds like old winds hissing through trees in winter.

"Come from black, return to black. Everything's a reflection. You spend your whole life staring at something staring back. And it doesn't like you. And you don't like it. But you know one day that reflection's gonna swallow you up, and you'll return to the black. Always the black. Return to black. Come from black."

She doesn't say anything else.

Knock on lab door.

We should speak the professor first.
We don't know what we might encounter on the way to find her.

You figured you've waited long enough. It'd be safer to travel to Mother if you went to see the Professor first, anyway. He should be expecting you, anyway.

Should.

You knock on the door.

....no answer. The door's unlocked, though. It swings open with a slight nudge. Maybe he really is expecting you? I mean, why else would the door be ope-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Pokéthulhu Or̶ange [UPDATE: 12] [STEALTH MODE / OFFLINE]
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2010, 02:06:18 am »

This is probably a horrible idea...
But talk to that thing.
And show no fear.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 27