Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: You grab the amazon fighter by the....  (Read 8781 times)

Oglokoog

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERNET_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
Re: You grab the amazon fighter by the....
« Reply #75 on: August 01, 2010, 04:20:47 pm »

Punching a woman in the breasts is actually a very effective way to disable her. Not speaking from my own experience, of course; I have never had to defend against a physical attack from a woman, so I just know the theory concerning such.
So we got monsters above, monsters below, dwarves in the middle and a party in the dining hall. Sounds good to me.
If all else fails, remember one thing:  kittens are delicious, nutritious little goblin-baiters, cavern explorers, and ambush-finders.

Cotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 01, 2010, 04:25:42 pm »

Punching a woman in the breasts is actually a very effective way to disable her. Not speaking from my own experience, of course; I have never had to defend against a physical attack from a woman, so I just know the theory concerning such.
I know it's a sensitive place, but I really doubt it will hurt enough to do more than piss off anyone already in adrenaline haze. It may vary, but it's hardly the female equivalent of kick in the balls.
Well if you remove the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag from dwarves I think they have like 2-4 children each time they give birth. And if you get enough mothers up on the pillars you can probably get a good waterfall going.
Ashes are technically fire-safe.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 01, 2010, 04:44:26 pm »

In all seriousness, I don't think it would add anything good to the game. Other than tasteless humor. Groin attacks would be fine though, since the make sense combat-wise. Grabbing someone by the mammaries, not so much. The clothes or armor in the way of such attack provide a much better handle anyway.
*giggles* Ahem. I didn't just giggle or anything..... I would grab the mammaries with my dwarf leather whip just for the kinkyness of it all.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 01, 2010, 04:45:45 pm »

Punching a woman in the breasts is actually a very effective way to disable her.

This would prove pretty hard with female dwarven fighters, seen the fact that they use babies for shields.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 01, 2010, 05:38:22 pm »

It does strike me as odd that the game does have sweetbread but omits the you-know-what's. why is it fine to have that level of detail in dishes, but not prior to preparation?

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 01, 2010, 06:50:28 pm »

Well... I for one don't want to have to think about sex in relation to any video game. It's been a deal-breaker for me in the past.

I think the best argument for keeping naughty bits out of Dwarf Fortress is that it's going to offend some people if they're included, but nobody's suffering if they're not. There's nothing stopping the people who are really desperate for it from modding it in for themselves, but including it from the start will likely make some people avoid the game altogether.

I agree neutering for pets should go in eventually, but that hardly requires the relevent parts to be present in the body plan. I imagine it'll be more of a "Can have offspring? yes/no" deal. 

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 01, 2010, 07:14:27 pm »

FUKKEN INCLUDE EVERYTHING!

And now that that's said: Moral Outrage is great publicity.
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 02, 2010, 12:48:34 am »

There are a lot of things in DF that could be classed as not needed so think about that before you say *insert bodypart here* isn't needed people.For a start,why do we need pus in DF?or vomit?because it makes it realistic and Fun

Organum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 02, 2010, 01:09:51 am »

Actually, vomit and pus very rarely if ever result in Fun. They can be fun, but so far they have no effect on whether or not there is Fun.
If dwarves decided to live in trees like hippies, they'd still do it better than the elves.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2010, 02:20:51 am »

It could get thrown at you or something. Dangerous stuff man.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]