Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Bay 12 Games Report, August 1st, 2010  (Read 21089 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
The Bay 12 Games Report, August 1st, 2010
« on: August 01, 2010, 09:03:39 am »

The Bay 12 Games Report, August 1st, 2010

Mission Status (Threetoe):

Thunder.  Your generosity echoes throughout the ages, reflecting the glorious past and into the glowing, unstoppable future.  Who would blink and miss a moment of victory?  All is as one.  Courage, Hope, Majesty:  all these are yours, for all time!

Programming Schedule (Toady One):

This month we'll be starting up on one of the more nebulous development items, which is entity populations.  The basic idea is to have more numerous intelligent civilized critters with a bit less history for most individuals.  The increased population should immediately lead to a much greater sprawl of civilized critters on the world map around their previously isolated towns, and the new site framework there should also give us adventurer-made sites in short order, so that you'd be able to, say, make a wall and have it waiting for you upon your return.  There are a number of other dev page items which will rely on entity pops later on, in both modes.  I'll also be fixing up more bugs, though I haven't decided on where I'll be focusing yet.

Fun with Numbers:

With July's contributions, 2010 has surpassed 2009's annual total, and on August 8th, we'll have completed DF's fourth year out on the internet.  Our thanks to everybody that has helped out so far!

July:      $3345.83
June:      $2364.29
May:       $3201.62
April:    $16104.49
March:     $4387.99
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 06:58:42 pm by Toady One »
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!