Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 117150 times)

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2010, 11:01:21 am »

@Dasleah: The Paladin class is too morally-restricted to work well in a mercenary company. Paladins do what is right, and mercs do what pays best.

Could I play a fallen paladin/blackguard?

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2010, 12:45:10 pm »

Working on my character sheet... I've worked up a few more questions  :P

HP is also being rolled, yes?
Multiclassing skill points... do the class skills from *all* your previous classes count as class skills, or only the class you're currently taking a level in?
Can I use the Daring Outlaw feat and the skill tricks from Complete Scoundrel?
Can I use the Born Under the Half Moon feat? (Dragon Magazine 340... Balance and Concentration +1, Expeditious Retreat as a spell-like 1/day, CL= character level, can also be found on CrystalKeep)

My powergaming Rules lawyering Spoil-sport senses are tingling. There are these queer urges driving me to make argument about how over-powered those example feats are. What is wrong with me?

I wouldn't be requesting them without a reason, RAM  ;D Besides, even the most cheesed-out rogue would have a hard time coping with Druidzilla, don'tcha know. Besides which, I don't get enough feats to use all of this stuff... even with flaws.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 12:51:10 pm by shoruke »
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2010, 01:03:52 pm »

Besides which, I don't get enough feats to use all of this stuff... even with flaws.
No to flaws.

Flaws are a no, just reminding.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2010, 01:05:47 pm »

I know, but even if we had them, rogues don't exactly get a whole lot of bonus feats.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2010, 01:11:28 pm »

I remember this harmless little feat I came across, something about turn undead, called, ummm, oh, that's right, Divine Metamagic, completely harmless, you should let people use it, in fact, to balance it out, you should let multiple nightsticks and different types of turning work with it!
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2010, 01:38:02 pm »

I remember this harmless little feat I came across, something about turn undead, called, ummm, oh, that's right, Divine Metamagic, completely harmless, you should let people use it, in fact, to balance it out, you should let multiple nightsticks and different types of turning work with it!

You sir, are registering strongly on my sarcasm-ometer. Incidentally, it's possible to get Divine Metamagic: Persist Spell at level 3, but it requires 18 charisma (or a Domain that gives turning checks, if your DM allows that).

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2010, 02:35:49 pm »

Shonus, what are the chances of convincing you into bumping the starting ECL up to 7~9ish? My main campaign's been a rather low-level one and stayed that way a very long time - hoping for some additional firepower to play with.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2010, 02:54:06 pm »

I'll join in, if you don't mind having a person who has only ever played one session of D&D 3.5. :-\

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2010, 06:18:01 pm »

Working on my character sheet... I've worked up a few more questions  :P

HP is also being rolled, yes?
Full HP for first level, roll for each additional level.
Multiclassing skill points... do the class skills from *all* your previous classes count as class skills, or only the class you're currently taking a level in?
Use whatever the  RAW says.

Can I use the Daring Outlaw feat and the skill tricks from Complete Scoundrel?
I don't have that book.
Can I use the Born Under the Half Moon feat? (Dragon Magazine 340... Balance and Concentration +1, Expeditious Retreat as a spell-like 1/day, CL= character level, can also be found on CrystalKeep)
That's fine.

Retro, I'd like to get to know the players before they get to the high-powered levels. It makes designing missions easier.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2010, 06:35:04 pm »

I think I'll be running the first session sometime Thursday evening Eastern Time, probably around 8 pm. I'll post the IRC channel(s) to be used then.

Grek: Sorry I missed your question. I'd prefer not.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2010, 07:16:53 pm »

Thursday? Argh. That's the same time as my main campaign. I'll drop in another time, then.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2010, 07:45:50 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry the format is weird, I guess the .pdf records the line breaks from wraparound text, which is bloody weird... but yeah, thar's tha feat. Also, for future reference, AFAICT the RAW say that if a skill is a class skill for any of your classes, it's a class skill for all of your classes.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2010, 08:12:36 pm »

Yeah, that should be fine.

If it's all right with everyone, I can move the first session to tomorrow instead of Thursday.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2010, 09:41:01 pm »

If it's all right with everyone, I can move the first session to tomorrow instead of Thursday.

Works for me. Any recommended IRC clients? I don't keep up with which ones have which advantages and whatnot.

Standard roll (4d6, discard the lowest) for stats. 4000 GP + standard starting gold.

In case anyone else finds it a pain to go look it up, this makes our starting wealth 13,000 gp.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 09:47:57 pm by shoruke »

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2010, 09:57:42 pm »

I use MIRC, but it doesn't matter which you use.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 160