Poll

Will you be attending the next session?

Yes
- 9 (39.1%)
No
- 14 (60.9%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 160

Author Topic: D&D: The mercenaries - Game Concluding  (Read 117077 times)

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
Re: D&D: The Mercenaries
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2010, 04:56:00 am »

How familiar are people with the underwater terrain?

Those who delve too far from land find the seafloor plastered with aboleth cities. Expansive wastes of twisted stone warped by the very minds that crafted them and shrouded in clouds of the inky slime the inhuman scourges produce. With as little provocation as a shadow, the lurking intellects will swarm from their briny depths and grasp with writhing tentacles any vessel and drag it below along with any sailors unlucky enough not to have slit their throats at the sight of the cloudy ejaculations surrounding the fearsome abominations. For those who venture out to sea are consumed in both body and mind before the ageless terrors of the deep

Also, hell, the wild lands are all the way over there? Dharsus has gone a long way.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2010, 05:57:08 am »

The southeastern area is basically called "Area of the independant kingdoms." The islands, along with another large continent in the other hemisphere, are named, but it's this continent that is the focus right now.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2010, 05:11:24 pm »

Game starts in one hour.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2010, 08:59:49 pm »

Man, I only got like 20 minutes out of that 2.7-hour session.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 12, 2010, 12:19:00 am »

We wound up starting late anyway, so you didn't miss much. Sorry about ending early.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 12, 2010, 04:06:02 am »

Are you feeling any better?

By my calculations everyone should have a total gear and gold piece value of 47000 plus anything we get from the bridge plus 400 drakes.
 Plus anything from the group horde, like the keen scythe I am using, and I would like to request that we hang onto some of the javelins that we are finding.
I spent 12220 on starting gear and 1100 on potions so I have 33680 and 400 drakes to spend, we may as well get a short-list of shopping items together for the next session.

Does the D.M. mind if Aryana trades one of her second level spells for False Life? Normally this wouldn't be possible until 8th level but given that the character is relatively new and the spell may be somewhat necessary it would seem that a certain amount of leeway might be permissible...

I would be willing to entertain the notion of people taking loans from the group horde for particular items, such as a +6 constitution amulet for our recently deceased mage. I would also like to request that the group stash purchase a couple of wands of identify and a type IV bag of holding.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 12, 2010, 05:42:27 am »

I would also like to request that the group stash purchase a couple of wands of identify and a type IV bag of holding.

I second this.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 12, 2010, 07:16:53 am »

I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Robocorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 12, 2010, 07:49:58 am »

I think I could get some gloves of DEX +4 then I could give my bracers of Armor to Aryana to up her AC until she can get a better pair of gloves since they won't count against her arcane failure percentile. Then I'd just buy a haversack an leave the remaining couple thousand as wiggle room for the inevitable inflation everything will get. Maybe I'll buy some elixirs, they're not too expensive, and we can't make them because we don't have a cleric, I can totally imagine Naren tricking somebody into drinking an elixir of truth or love. Not quite as important as a stone horse for the party or a big bag of holding though.

Dude, do you get wild shape on your totem? That must be sweet.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 12, 2010, 11:39:51 am »

Items that gives natural armor or a deflection bonus are always cool. Same for profane or sacred bonuses (Hey Shonus, do those stack?), but they're harder to find, and you probably can't find them on the SRD.

I think I'll be getting a Ring of Protection +2 and some Boots of Speed. I can probably buy summoar Elixers of Hiding and Sneaking with Drakes when we get where we're going, and maybe some other potions.
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 12, 2010, 12:06:15 pm »

No no, no wildshape from my totem, the whole bear thing cannot possibly have anything to do with this game...
Read the First Post!

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2010, 01:10:03 pm »

I'm kinda considering taking the Ancestral RelicBoED feat at level 9. Hell, we might even be able to work it into the story. The problem would be adjudicating what to use as a "consecrated or hallowed location"... Cerrad isn't religious, and hasn't tied himself to any specific locations, really. Probably have to work that out with Shonus in a private message once the game starts...

btw I'm going to be late for it again, since it apparently starts an hour before I finish work, and I still need to get those solo adventures over with. Sorry, guys. But I suppose if you all get SERIOUSLY bored we can just start the mission and I can do that stuff later.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2010, 01:50:32 pm »

Well, I guess we could shop during that time. :-\

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2010, 03:26:17 pm »

Yes, I'm feeling better today.

RAM: If you really want to equip a bear with magic items, we can work that out later.
Robocorn: I think boosting Ary's reflex save would be better than boosting her AC. She's more in danger from area attacks than direct ones, being a behind-the-lines fighter. (When bottle quits. I'll hold her in reserve for another player, in case you were wondering.)

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 12, 2010, 05:56:58 pm »

Today's session starts in about ten minutes, I believe.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 160