Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Existing levers need mechanisms?  (Read 1471 times)

Caretaker Eric

• Bay Watcher
  • You do the voodoo that you do.
    • View Profile
Existing levers need mechanisms?
« on: February 04, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »

When I tell a lever to link with a floodgate, it says I don't have enough mechanisms to do that. Any answers?   :confused:
The voodoo that I do in this case is run down children with a helicopter, swinging away at them with a gigantic ball menacing with spikes of magnetite.

"And you can get moose silk naturally or through a botched smelter reaction." - Kagus

"Dwarf Fortress: Using waterwheels to power your pumps to power the waterwheels." - kernel

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
Re: Existing levers need mechanisms?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 07:55:00 pm »

You need a mechanism for the floodgate, and another mechanism for the lever.

The first mechanism needed to build the lever in the first place is to make it a lever instead of a fixed pole.

[ February 04, 2008: Message edited by: apache1990 ]

Caretaker Eric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 07:56:00 pm »

Oops, I posted this in the wrong forum category... Sorry...    :o
The voodoo that I do in this case is run down children with a helicopter, swinging away at them with a gigantic ball menacing with spikes of magnetite.

"And you can get moose silk naturally or through a botched smelter reaction." - Kagus

"Dwarf Fortress: Using waterwheels to power your pumps to power the waterwheels." - kernel

Caretaker Eric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 07:57:00 pm »

Both the floodgate and the lever already exist, and its just the matter of linking them. It won't let me, and gives me that message.

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 07:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by apache1990:
<STRONG>You need a mechanism for the floodgate, and another mechanism for the lever.

The first mechanism needed to build the lever in the first place is to make it a lever instead of a fixed pole.</STRONG>

Mechanisms are needed to connect them.

[ February 04, 2008: Message edited by: apache1990 ]

Fenrir

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 08:00:00 pm »

In all you need three mechanisms: one to build the lever (you've already got this done), one for the lever, and one for the object you want to link.

Caretaker Eric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 08:03:00 pm »

So can someone post whatever directions need be to circumvent my error message? ie, what do I do to make this work, then?

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2008, 08:03:00 pm »

Make two more mechanisms.

Caretaker Eric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2008, 08:03:00 pm »

And I do have extra mechanisms lying about.

Caretaker Eric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2008, 08:06:00 pm »

Oh.... So Ultimately I needed four mechanisms. Floodgate, Lever, and two to link? Works now.   :)

Fenrir

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »

No, you need only three. Whatever, as long as it works now.

Skanky

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm building a wagon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2008, 08:42:00 pm »

3 mechanisms and 1 floodgate.
"Quickly now, the goblins are more devious these days." - Captain Mayday