Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Performance and UI Improvements! (and this game is awesome!)  (Read 1121 times)

ral

• Bay Watcher
  • Praying to arm_ok
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Performance and UI Improvements! (and this game is awesome!)
« on: February 11, 2011, 10:51:59 am »

First I want to say that this game is so awesome that I've been playing it in my spare time for weeks now (DF mode). This is the way games should be with intricate mechanics and no excessive obsession with fancy 3d graphics!!! (The modern obsession with prioritizing 3d art over every other aspect of gaming had mostly ruined computer gaming for me until now.)

Anyway. I like it so much that I set up a recurring donation!

I voted for performance and UI improvements. Performance is a big issue for me as I'm unfortunately down to 7 FPS on a dutchy-sized fortress :( For me the mechanics are still intricate enough that I'll probably be happy with them for some time.

I'm glad to see the economy improving. Currently it seems way to easy to just buy out a whole caravan every time one comes through.

Anyway, great job with this game!!!

NW_Kohaku

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:SCIENCE_FOR_FUN: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
Re: Performance and UI Improvements! (and this game is awesome!)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 11:19:20 am »

Welcome to the forums.  I'm glad you like the game, and hope you continue to enjoy it.

You should be aware, however, this is a "suggestions forum", and not really just a comments box.  You should have a new suggestion when you create a new thread, and if you just want to say that you support a previous suggestion, like the ones that you voted for, you should go to their threads and say that you support those suggestions, rather than generating a new thread.  (This forum is already overfull with suggestions to the point where it is a Herculean task for Toady to read them.)

For future reference, look up above the list of threads in this forum, and you'll see the box with the rules for this forum.  Before you make a suggestion, we ask you check to make sure it is not already going into the game, anyway (it's on the development page), and that there isn't already a suggestion for the same thing that you could contribute to, to hopefully make existing suggestions more robust and better fleshed out by people collaboratively working on refining the ideas for where the game can go, rather than simply having everyone shout out their opinion.  Not that your opinion isn't valid, but having a suggestion for how to specifically implement what you think would be a great addition to the game is much more constructive.
Personally, I like [DF] because after climbing the damned learning cliff, I'm too elitist to consider not liking it.
"And no Frankenstein-esque body part stitching?"
"Not yet"

Improved Farming
Class Warfare