Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Hunter's Moon - 18th century werewolves [1.01.09]  (Read 37536 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter's Moon (Concept Werewolf Mod)
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2010, 08:43:42 am »

Did you experiment with setting werewolf body temp high and making steel to boil at that temperature?

Also why don't you like pistol swords? They were pretty common during early renaissance for hunters.

Quote from: Wikipedia
Historically, some early flintlock pistols were constructed as gun-swords, with the barrel of the pistol attached to the side of the blade of a shortsword or dagger. A shell guard protected the firing mechanism when it was used as a sword. These were used by French and German hunters to kill wounded wild boar.

So they seem to fit the nature of the man-werewolf hunt.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2010, 08:49:22 am »

That's interesting. i had no idea they were that common.

What would boiling silver do to the wolf? i don't really want them to be exploding.

At the moment i'm trying to work out the wold history and what sort of differences in culture and technology would come from centuries of fighting werewolves. The pistol swords would fit in perfectly.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2010, 08:50:58 am »

Man, I was so going to make a mod involving creatures of the night (Werewolves, Vampires, and anthromorphic squid), but I guess you beat me to the punch, bro. This is looking pretty good, though.

What would boiling silver do to the wolf? i don't really want them to be exploding.

Probably melt their fat off. Will the bullets, once embedded in the flesh, truly boil? And also, won't the werewolves' high body temp end up setting humans on fire, making fighting them in melee even more unadvisable?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2010, 10:01:24 am »

It would melt their fat and make their blood boil. Basically it means that the wound is much more painful but less bloody.

And to make them to set stuff on fire you have to make them VERY hot. There're limits, you know.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 10:05:56 am »

Oh, aye. So the key thing is to set the Werewolf's temperature/silver boiling point to something not normally achievable by weather conditions, yet not high enough to cause undue problems for humans?
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter's Moon (Concept Werewolf Mod) [0.65]
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2010, 04:25:05 pm »

Ahem, do you have some time to work on it please? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2010, 10:30:13 pm »

Is anyone actually playing this? my plan at the beginning was to make it for myself to see if it would be cool when the syndromes are expanded.

I've got loads planned for when features are added but currently all i could add would be fluff. I'll fix any bugs reported though.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2010, 10:09:24 pm »

This mod seems interesting. Going to test it out. If it is anything as good as Deon's mods, I'll probably make a LP out of it ;D
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 05:09:56 am »

All i can tell you is that in the future this is going to be amazing. not so much now. it will be especially amazing for adventure mode. when we get all the new villages and then the night creatures (tracking for you and the wolves!). i hope we get improved syndromes by then but worst case i'll just make the muskets extremely powerful since there's not much else to shoot at anyway.

Meanmelter

• Bay Watcher
  • A Dwarven Demon, yeah, he is pissed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 10:51:07 am »

Oi, I started off in an area filled with elephants. This Wooden Tower Screams Boat Murdered all around it.
huh. took a bunch of sleeping pills and slept in a pharmacist, wake up, i am now albino. 
Story of my life.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2010, 05:55:02 am »

You could get the syndrome from gnomeblight and edit it to fit werewolves.
It would work quite well.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2010, 06:54:29 am »

It wouldn't, as there's no way of actually getting the gnomeblight or whatever in something. You can't poison weapons yet.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2010, 12:41:29 pm »

It wouldn't, as there's no way of actually getting the gnomeblight or whatever in something. You can't poison weapons yet.
If you add the syndrome to the silver itself, it doesn't need to be poisoned to affect werewolves.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2010, 01:04:50 pm »

You're right, and I misread what you said there (I thought you were suggesting using silver like gnomeblight... why would I think that?).

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2010, 04:48:44 pm »

Needs to be a liquid to infect. only way of getting it in would be to make silver boil when it hits werewolf blood. I would rather wait for inorganic syndromes to be implemented.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10