Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Hunter's Moon - 18th century werewolves [1.01.09]  (Read 37563 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Hunter's Moon (Concept Werewolf Mod) [0.65]
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2010, 09:08:57 pm »

Needs to be a liquid to infect. only way of getting it in would be to make silver boil when it hits werewolf blood. I would rather wait for inorganic syndromes to be implemented.

Considering that they'll be shooting silver bullets, that's not actually half bad.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Osdeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2010, 06:39:18 am »

I gave it a try, essentially I found the problem to be if i put the werewolf body temperature up, they melt, if I put it too far down, they freeze, so when I move the silver temperatures to match the werewolves, I cant make the bullets not boil when out in the open (Oddly enough, if I do two lots of arena combat, ie, 5 humans v 5 werewolves, see result, do test again, the second time around the silver boils, but the first time it does not) and when I can get the humans to fire bullets at the werewolves without them boiling beforehand, they seem to hit like normal bullets, and don't appear to boil inside the body (if they do, it doesn't appear to do damage or get mentioned in the combat logs) Thus I find myself stumped, I can get the bullets to survive half the time and hit the werewolf, where they don't boil, i can get the bullets to survive all the time, but then they have a boiling temperature higher than the werewolves body temperature, if I up the werewolves temperature to meet that, they melt instantly.

Thus I admit defeat at this challenge I decided to look at in my boredom, I assume it is entirely possible, if one can make the werewolf withstand a higher body temperature, as I see other creatures that can have a far higher temperature, it is however outside my limited skill in the subject of modding.

tl;dr Couldn't quite get it to work, requires someone who knows more than me, which cant be that hard.

edit : ah, i thought I'd lost this post somehow, anyway, i also tried adding a syndrome to the silver, and now silver fails to appear in the lists for anything, so i do truly give up now >.>
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 07:12:53 am by Osdeath »

skaltum

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2010, 04:22:53 pm »

BUMP time.  :D
I just realized, after adding the new body parts to the other races, that I have an entire squad of dwarves with a shield in each hand and swinging their axes with their penises. There's nightmare fuel for those goblins, in more ways than one.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2010, 04:30:10 pm »

For the lumbermill- currently you're making 5 logs for one, right? In my old carpentry mod, (some time ago, doesn't work anymore) I made trees for "finished pine" "finished oak" and so on, and had reactions for each, so you could only make planks of certain trees, could vary the return for each, and products made from these will be made of finished wood, rather than "plank".

Aside from that note, does this have anything to do with harvest moon?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2010, 02:04:53 pm »

That sounds like a great system for the wood. i may have to quiz you on the details when i reboot this mod.

Sort of. i was just browsing wikipedia looking for a name and hunter's moon just sounded perfect.

As far as an update for the mod is concerned i would love to be starting an update now but i haven't even had the time to try the new adventure mode stuff yet. I expect that early next year after my exams are done i'll be able to get it done though.

dbay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 04:46:16 pm »

I have a plan for silver toxins on werewolves!

Okay:
-First, you need to give werewolves an abnormally high homeotherm (ie, body temperature). maybe 100 degrees or so above what humans have.
-Then, make silver melt or boil (not sure which would be more effective) at a temperature a little lower than werewolf body temp, but higher than human.
-Give silver a syndrome that most creatures are immune to but werewolves are not (can that part even be done?)

When werewolves are shot bullets made from silver, it will melt/boil and poison the werewolf. Some of the time. Only when it gets stuck in the werewolf, anyways.
->melee weapons will melt, too, so you may want to disallow that or something... that's kind of a downside.

I've been working on this for some time now, creating exploding/toxic bolts.

EDIT: wow. I got beaten to this idea quite some time ago. anyways, yeah.

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2010, 07:01:03 pm »

Incidentally, any chance of making the werewolves night creatures so they can capture and convert humans? I've done some experimenting and I've found that night creatures placed into civilizations work just fine, so that shouldn't be an obstacle.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2010, 07:22:28 pm »

Just wanted to respond to the exploding/melting bolts thing in that it is possible to set a syndrom to affect only a specific group (or to affect all but a specific group). The tags you are looking for are the syndrome/creature class tags. It's the same thing that is used to define the gnomeblight only hurts gnomes.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

GregHayes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.opengameforge.org
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2010, 07:32:19 pm »

Just wanted to respond to the exploding/melting bolts thing in that it is possible to set a syndrom to affect only a specific group (or to affect all but a specific group). The tags you are looking for are the syndrome/creature class tags. It's the same thing that is used to define the gnomeblight only hurts gnomes.

The problem isn't targeting, it's delivery. You can't have a syndrome be delivered by contact with a material.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2010, 09:00:00 pm »

Yeah I know. I was just answering dbay's question about whether such a thing could be done. As for the current silver thing the only thing that I can think of is the boiling/melting idea. With the melee weapons problem, maybe you could make it so that the humans make small melee weapons that are designed to boil/melt away in the werewolves, knives/daggers for example. You could have a building that would churn them out in sets of five or something like that for a single reaction. Or maybe just stick to projectiles completely, and just have throwing knives (ammo) and some sort of glove to throw them with.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2010, 09:28:10 pm »

Watching...hope you work on it!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2010, 10:52:40 pm »

This is a great idea! I love this!

I think I am going to mod it a bit. I have a extremely limited knowledge, but the internet helps a load.

Foamy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2010, 05:30:18 am »

When i start the update i'll do a lot of stuff from scratch and i'll experiment with the boiling bullets.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2010, 06:31:28 am »

Here's how to make silver poison only affect werewolves:
1.Add [CREATURE_CLASS:WEREWOLF] to the werewolf raw.
2.To make werewolves affected by a syndrome, add this to the syndrome raw section:         [SYN_AFFECTED_CLASS:WEREWOLF]
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2010, 08:35:38 am »

Hey, I was thinking of adding more stuff to the speech files, to make it seem interesting.

But then I thought:

Is the human culture in this meant to be British or just normal?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10