Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Berserk Elven Merchant  (Read 2619 times)

Trammelkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Berserk Elven Merchant
« on: June 14, 2010, 03:14:07 am »

New to the game so sorry if this is a common problem.

I've  made a fortress and everything is going fine, but then some elven merchants come. I don't have a trade depot built yet so they just linger at the edge of the map. During their stay they detect three kobold theives, then they eventually head on their merry way. At least that's whats the announcements said. Turns out that one decided to stay behind with a muskox. I only noticed she was there when the announcements told me she had gone berserk.

So far she hasn't done much other then chase her muskox, but I'm afraid what will happen once she catches it.

So how should I go about 'removing' her?

EDIT: The problem seems to have resolved itself, the muskox went stark raving mad, the elf wrestled him for a few months and then either the elf collapsed in on herself leaving the muskox to bleed out, or they somehow killed each other. I can't seem to find anything in the combat logs that indicated their deaths.

This game is really fun in the most unexpected ways.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 04:06:30 am by Trammelkey »

culwin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Berserk Elven Merchant
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2010, 03:22:58 am »

I would find a way to put her in a room for viewing.
She would be a great tourist attraction.

Thoranius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Berserk Elven Merchant
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 10:52:46 pm »

I encountered the same reaction, with the exception being no invaders to cause the elf to stay. Will attempt to trap with cages and put on display to warn the other tree-huggers what will happen if they have one of their splinter-related hissyfits on my territory. >:(

P.S. The display will be in a glass walled room over an raised wall pit, ramp accessible for the handicapable passerbys, preferably lined with loaded weapon traps or wild animals. (Or lava, if I decide to get insanely creative, which I'm usually too lazy to do.)  ::)