Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16

Author Topic: ...Wait, the Queen wants *what*? - parallel challenge game, all skill levels!  (Read 38626 times)

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's great to see the turn-up, since McNorris can't start until Sunday, I'll release the save Saturday night and we'll see how long the Queen can keep her meddling hands to herself. ;)
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

oidip

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sounds fun. I quite like this because I cannot really get to grips with most succession games due to my strange building habits.

Edit: Hopefully on Saturday my computer will be fixed too.

Started

Oh and I'll just leave this here:

Wow...
I'm off to a good start. 12 days. 1 dead. 1 injured.

Ok Scratch that I've had to restart.
Instead I'm up to late winter year 1 and only one dead. Even then that was because I built a poorly designed obsidian farm.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 06:49:24 am by oidip »
Join the new Hermit Succession

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile

SO you release the save, and then we do whatever we want with it, making up the queen's orders?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile

No. We run it, keeping a log, and every once in a while, the dude who runs this says "Queen's orders: Build a tower." Things like that.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Caode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love this concept.

I would love to play, but I'm actually away from DF all weekend (!) can I still play catchup afterward?

Edit: Wonderous, here goes! I need to figure out how to upload pictures though.

Year One.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Year two.

First Request!

Second Request:

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 01:33:50 am by Caode »

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No. We run it, keeping a log, and every once in a while, the dude who runs this says "Queen's orders: Build a tower." Things like that.

Dudette, but otherwise, correct!  ;)

I love this concept.

I would love to play, but I'm actually away from DF all weekend (!) can I still play catchup afterward?

Of course you can. ^^ The first week I will make a little slower than the others in case more people decide to join. There's no problems with people joining midway-through as long as they can satisfy the queen's wishes demands before she loses patience (i.e. the next demand comes through) - and while trying to set up their fort.
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

So there are going to be logs for this?

I'm not actually participating but I feel interested in following. How is it going to work?

Upload the logs on a different site, or is it going to be a giant mishmash right here?

Edit: For convenience, I will add my request here.
For EACH AND EVERY FORTRESS in this thread, I request a technically immortal Axe-dwarf named Derm with a profession of Soulchopper.

Whenever he dies, the next military leader is granted his name and title, like a passing of the torch.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 01:20:38 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So there are going to be logs for this?

I'm not actually participating but I feel interested in following. How is it going to work?

Upload the logs on a different site, or is it going to be a giant mishmash right here?

Mishmash right here, more or less. Each participant will edit their original post to add their log under spoiler tags for the update. That way we won't have to try and sort out which Oslanzim is which.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile

Definitely posting interest. My last fort got eaten by HFS (and two goblin ambushes that made it INTO MY FRICKING DINING ROOM before anyone noticed), I've been looking for something interesting. :D

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hello all!

Saturday night, here is thy save! [redacted]

Have a few days free to set up, the advisor has to inform the Queen that you have arrived before she can start making demands. ^^
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 08:51:00 pm by Ledi »

Sir Broccoli

• Bay Watcher
  • Right in the goddamn FACE!
    • View Profile

Now accepting dorfings!
Just pick a name and a profession, I can't give you a 100% guarantee that you'll get the profession you want though.

Spoiler: Named dwarves (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 05:01:05 am by Sir Broccoli »
If sad, apply kittens.

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile

Will start after I get back from the eye doctor.

QQ

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll join in...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll join in...

Aweseome, grab the save and join the fun!  :)

And Broccoli, great post. I was wondering what people would think of the ..er.... remnants of the last wagon.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll join in...

Aweseome, grab the save and join the fun!  :)

And Broccoli, great post. I was wondering what people would think of the ..er.... remnants of the last wagon.
Will tomorrow morning cause its midnight here and I am getting too tired to play any more games...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16