Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]

Author Topic: ...Wait, the Queen wants *what*? - parallel challenge game, all skill levels!  (Read 38628 times)

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ...Wait, the Queen wants *what*? - parallel challenge game, all skill levels!
« Reply #225 on: September 04, 2010, 10:27:55 pm »

NEW ORDERS!

It had been peaceful lately - at least when it came to the Queen and her Advisor. You doubted you could say the same for the rest of the fort. You started to relax slightly, not bracing yourself each day for the note which meant the Queen had devised another idea which you would have to carry out. For whatever reason, they were giving you a break.

Then the advisor tracked you down.

"The Queen has heard of the battles which have taken place here. She wishes for a way to execute any prisoners which may have been taken in those battles - the grander the better. She has given you discretion in the type of construction, mentioning several different ways other forts had devised - execution towers, drowning rooms, gladiatorial pits..."

He trailed off, seeming to realise how bloodthirsty this demand must make the Queen sound, and possibly wondering where she got all her information from. Then he shrugged and handed over the signed note.
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
Re: ...Wait, the Queen wants *what*? - parallel challenge game, all skill levels!
« Reply #226 on: September 05, 2010, 06:43:39 am »

oh Hell , i was Hoping the Order Wasn't to Build some Tall Structures to go "THIS , IS , SPARTA" on Random Captured Goblins , and i am too Half-assed to even Work Around with Cages and Shit to Create Fighting Pits for Them GreenSkinned Goblins with their Heads Too Far up their Asses to see a Prickle Shit

But i am Bothered with Placing Cage Traps on Bridges , and Retract the Bridge to Execute the Whole Lot of them , since it's Pretty Simple and i don't have to Go Running Around like a Moron Searching which Hell way to , i am Restricting myself to the Simple Shit until i Manage around this Hard Interface , Damn , Why the heck does this Challenge be on 0.31.12?

i am not complaining or Ranting , i just Can't Figure out what does what , since Everything is different from 40D
« Last Edit: September 05, 2010, 08:30:06 pm by Ze Spy »

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 07, 2010, 09:39:59 am »

I've been playing along on my own. I updated my post with latest pics. I don't feel like writing in character text right now but maybe I will go back and edit it later.

I already have a sacrifice tower and a drowning chamber. :) I suppose I'll have to come up with something else for the next year.

Just out of curiosity can people who are having problems with trees growing back answer something for me?

1: do you have a King or a Queen for your civilization? (hit c, enter)
2: can you catch any fish in the river or ponds?
3: do vermin spawn on the map? (lungfish, rats, lizards, ect.)

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 07, 2010, 11:33:56 pm »

Updated original post for year 6 and the execution challenge. Awfully quick turnaround, but I just couldn't leave it alone while Ledi was offline. I ended up playing half a year before getting the challenge. My tower is built, but I'm going to be adding to it along the way.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 08, 2010, 01:18:56 am »

What if... We don't take no Prisoners???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Brisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:41 am »

What if... We don't take no Prisoners???

You could use it to stage an Unfortunate Accident. I've used it to get rid of some cats and kittens. Although after last time I think I am just going to atom smash them from now on. The drop made a heck of a mess.

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 08, 2010, 03:15:11 pm »

The drop made a heck of a mess.

That's why I put my tower over the volcano. Into the magma, no fuss, no muss. I've already got too many body parts strewn around

barconis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 12, 2010, 09:20:04 am »

I couldn't wait, I just had to see what happened next. :P  Turns out, not so much; it was a quiet year for my Windcrested. Updated original post.

Ze Spy

• Bay Watcher
  • I was your beginning - so shall I be...your end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 13, 2010, 02:34:04 am »

Goddamn Goblin Sieges keep Ruining my Execution Tower

Well , Atleast i've got a Thousand in Cages for the Mass-Execution tower once it gets finished(if it even does , i keep getting spammed by Sieges and Ambushes)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16]