Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Blood  (Read 7419 times)

Smurfdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Blood
« on: August 04, 2010, 11:05:09 am »

Oh sweet jesus, my war dog killed a goblin thief, and now my dwarves are tracking it everywhere, armok would be pleased. Is there any kind of way to clean the blood off?
"When I started to see their waterskins bursting from the heat I knew that the end was near." -Niyazov

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Blood
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 11:06:24 am »

A water source and soap.

Smurfdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 11:16:25 am »

Of the floor like? Cause that sounds like it would clean a dwarf
"When I started to see their waterskins bursting from the heat I knew that the end was near." -Niyazov

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 11:35:44 am »

I'm not sure if it will work, but I have certainly seen a doctor clean blood off the hospital floor and possibly the wall. Then again, this was the patients own blood, that had apparently spilled onto the floor/wall(?) during surgery(presumably, it was the "blood covering", if it matters).
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Smurfdor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 11:42:54 am »

hmm, thanks

noodle0117

• Bay Watcher
  • I wonder what would happen if I pull it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 11:48:45 am »

I once saw a dwarf spill water on a pool of blood in an attempt to clean it. It only ended up spreading all over the room after the horde of wardogs trudged all over it.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 11:55:52 am »

There is a utility for cleaning blood. I forgot what its called.
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Ahp77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 11:58:06 am »

I've seen dorfs clean up blood when they have no other job, if said blood is underground.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 12:29:27 pm »

There is a utility for cleaning blood. I forgot what its called.

DFHack.  Just grab that over at the modding forum and run dfcleanmap.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 01:03:48 pm »

Yeah from what I have learned above ground blood will not be cleaned by dwarfs and below ground will be cleaned by those with the cleaning job enabled...although its such a low priority for them that to happen they have to have no other jobs going on and even then its iffy...try getting a dwarf or so with just cleaning enabled and see what happens (I don't like using "cheats" like dfhack myself so I try and do that)....ive never had an issue with it all to much because most blood is outside for me...and the rain cleans that...you could also flood the affected areas somehow to clean the blood

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 01:52:17 pm »

I like my hallways bloody and full of goblin corpses, it adds a grim atmosphere and scares away intruders. I even considered setting up a garbage dump zone at my entrance and have the corpses dropped over there. But it reminds one of some sick nazi images, ones with corpses all piled and up left to rot.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 01:56:56 pm by ILikePie »

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 03:03:12 pm »

Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

bungler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 08:06:58 pm »

It's completely out of hand. I dammed the waterfall on my map and while they were working on it, all the blood that was on my dwarves got a washing, leaving the pools of blood at the top of the waterfall. I thought, 'great, now to turn on the water and wash the blood down'. No such luck. There are many pools of blood dancing around the edge of the waterfall, none of which are being washed away. It also gets on the walls, making the whole wall section red. Would not be so bad if it were all red, but spotty looks bad.

Indeed, I did pave my road with chalk just to see the blood splatter there, but not in the waterfall! I hope Toady addresses this one...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 08:39:55 pm »

Blood multiplies around water, so...
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 09:02:30 pm »

Yeah from what I have learned above ground blood will not be cleaned by dwarfs and below ground will be cleaned by those with the cleaning job enabled...although its such a low priority for them that to happen they have to have no other jobs going on and even then its iffy...try getting a dwarf or so with just cleaning enabled and see what happens (I don't like using "cheats" like dfhack myself so I try and do that)....ive never had an issue with it all to much because most blood is outside for me...and the rain cleans that...you could also flood the affected areas somehow to clean the blood

I had the problem that the rain wasn't making it go away; there must have been some, somewhere, that was being tracked around the fort and it didn't do much other than make things look awful.  That and the FB extract that caused dwarves to vomit all over the place.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.
Pages: [1] 2