Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38

Author Topic: Bob the Caveman - Day 13: Eureka!  (Read 44672 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Bob the Caveman - Day 13: Eureka!
« on: August 05, 2010, 02:36:19 am »

Well, needing a resivour for all the funny things I'll be needing later, I am modifying the OP to accomodate

First off, his name isn't Bob, but Robert Francis Vladimir Checkov Esperenza Wong de Neandrathal, but most people just call him Bob anyway...

Secondly, I have problems with the accual naming of the days, which were origionally called turns... but somehow always link an even of that day to the name...

Thirdly, I was having this happen in the America's, but due to the lack of the invention of paper there, we have now moved to Africa... or more specifically, pre-ancient-egypt

Code: (Days; and their correlated event) [Select]
Day0: Genesis; The begining... duh...

Day1: The Second Day; Also self explanatory, wasn't having much problems so far...

Day2: Monotonous; This one doesn't accually have a correlated event, but someone had an action "Settle down into a monotonous lifestyle" or something along those lines.....

Day3: The Black Thing; AKA The Lunar Eclipse, A Lunar Eclipse happened on this day, I planned this however...

Day4: The Flames of War; Bob finds another person, female, and chases her back to her camp, sortof...

Day5-ish: Title Relating To The Current Plot Arc!; Here is where I started having problems with names, and it is an -ish because of all the commands that took Bob away from home, he was unable to fall asleep untill he was knocked out by the tribe found on Day 4

Day6: Bound Abound; When bob wakes, he is bound, but is quickly walking abound, the tribe is comandeering Bob's cave for the winter

Day7: Jack Frost; Winter storm! I was planning on someone getting frostbite, but nobody was out long enough...

Day?: Dreamland; The fake update that is in a dream, it started simple, but quickly got silly, I didn't elaborate, but if I had, we would all still be laughing...

Day8a: That Is Quite Enough Sillyness; Got it's name after the update played in a dream...

Day8b: The WORST Hangover; Well, again not really a corellated event, but Bob does get a horrible surprise...

Day9: Munsters of the Minds; After Drinking from the Reverse-river water, Bob and his new Mate Naish'na both experianced some crazy psychadellic crap, AKA they got high off of it...

Day10: Ancestral Visitries; Mourned the loss of his parents, and family. Naish'na invents papyrus.

Day11: Cat & Dog Weather; It was raining cats and dogs when Bob woke.

DayOoga: Ooga & Ooga Ooga; Ooga to Ooga the Ooga for Ooga.

Day12: ???; Never named it, has a slowness to it, not losing intrest, just very busy.

Day13: Eureka!; Still has slowness, obvious meaning

The Accual OP

You are a caveman, from the prehistoric era of Earth. You have spent years carving out a cave from a hillside, it is very close to a few dens and there's a river not too far off, huge redwood trees grow everywhere along with some bushes with berries. You came from a tribe that was completely nomadic, you gave a few ideas on how to improve the tribes ability to live and they exiled you. Without anything but wolf-skin furs to protect you from the cold nights you forged a new life, but without a mate your legacy dies, and without a stable food source you wont last long. The lonelyness affects your fledgling mind, and voices seem to command your very will to live.

You are in your cave, and dawn has finally arrived, you set your skins off to a side and stand at the mouth of your humble home.

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Things at your home (click to show/hide)

What shall you do first?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 08:48:03 pm by Evergod41 »

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman - Turn 0: Genesis
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 02:41:48 am »

look out through cave entrance
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 02:42:47 am »

See what types of rocks there are.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 02:43:41 am »

Find some sticks.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Caveman - Turn 1: The Begining
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 02:48:14 am »

look out through cave entrance
There's a multitude of trees growing all over the place, some bushes with berrys and you can see tracks of small game.

See what types of rocks there are.
Though you dont know the names of them, there are white rocks and grey rocks.

Find some sticks.
You gather some fallen twigs neerby...

What shall you do next?

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2010, 02:50:58 am »

Grab a sharp looking white rock, and sharpen it further by dragging it against the roughest rock available repeatedly.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2010, 02:51:37 am »

Hum.

Take the rocks and see how hard they are. Take the two hardest rocks and try to chisel off a edge. Take your edge and wedge it into a branch.

Make crappy axe.

Ninja'd  >:(

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2010, 02:52:26 am »

Hum.

Take the rocks and see how hard they are. Take the two hardest rocks and try to chisel off a edge. Take your edge and wedge it into a branch.

Make crappy axe.

Ninja'd  >:(
Grab a sharp looking white rock, and sharpen it further by dragging it against the roughest rock available repeatedly.
theese
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 02:52:59 am »

We're obviously going hunting. Gathering is for women! Ooga ooga!
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 02:55:07 am »

So, do you want to Knapp a sharp edge or grind one?

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 02:56:09 am »

So, do you want to Knapp a sharp edge or grind one?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 02:57:02 am »

Knapp, fuck grinding.

rawr359

• Bay Watcher
  • dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 03:00:17 am »

The hell's knapping?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 03:02:28 am »

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 03:02:53 am »

You drop your twigs and grab a white rock that has an edge looking bit, then you grind it against one of the greyer rocks, after a few strokes the white rock degrades into nothing...

You take two greyer rocks this time and start knapping an edge on one, you have success, but you cut youself with the now sharp edge, and stop to codle the wound.

Evaluated Wounds
 - Cut finger (little bleeding, but man does it hurt!)

What shall you do next?

I went ahead and did both, besides i was ninja'd by the real choice
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 03:05:27 am by Evergod41 »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 38