Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]

Author Topic: Bob the Caveman - Day 13: Eureka!  (Read 45635 times)

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Bob the Caveman - Day 13: Eureka!
« Reply #555 on: October 29, 2010, 10:16:01 pm »

I was awaiting an action, then I realised "test out the bow" is a good enough one...

You awaken refreshed, and have quite a few ideas to try out today... You use one of your many flint heads, and tie them to some short sticks, you line them up on the bow and pull it back, when you release, the stick goes flying off at a fast speed, almost hitting Naish'na as she was walking along the riverbank... oops...

So what if you can't hit the side of your cave with a stick, you'll just make more of them, eventually turning all of the flint heads you made for some reason into Fletchless arrows. You practice with it a bit more, but you just can't seem to get a good shot in...

Spoiler: Things your wearing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Things at your home (click to show/hide)

Calender:

[Roman Numerals]

Evaluated Wounds
 - Wolf bite scar on upper left arm
 - Wolf bite scars on knees & elbows

It's Morning; it's Late-Spring.

What shall you do next?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: October 29, 2010, 10:19:37 pm »

Lop a spear at any birds that pass by so we can harvest their feathers.
Quote from: BaerTaffy
If Adele covered Aerosmith, that would be my life right now.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: October 29, 2010, 10:30:16 pm »

"Bird? What is this Bird thing you speak about? The only thing that can fly through the air are the clouds...

OH, WHAT IS THAT?!"

Something white takes off nearby and you toss your singular spear at it... you miss... then you cock an arrow and let it loose, somehow THAT hits... you strip the creature of it's outer covering, they are soft, and you have an idea for them...

You cut small notches into the rear of the arrows, and insert the quils into them, you now have some poorly fletched arrows! You test out the fletching by shooting another volly at no place in particular, they manage to land within a faily short distance from each other. You are getting quite tired of carrying everything with your hands, so you cut up bits of the bear hide, and sew them into a carrige resceptical, that you put your arrows in an easily reatchable position, you tie your Tool-Kit to it as well. Then you remember your staff, and finish that up.

Spoiler: Things your wearing (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Things at your home (click to show/hide)

Calender:

[Roman Numerals]

Evaluated Wounds
 - Wolf bite scar on upper left arm
 - Wolf bite scars on knees & elbows

It's Morning; it's Late-Spring.

What shall you do next?

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: October 29, 2010, 10:46:37 pm »

If we can't expand inward we might as well abandon the sledgehammer and use the staff to improve our spear design.

techno65535

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: October 30, 2010, 01:59:59 am »

You could have used reeds or some other wide grass for fletching as well.

Build another canoe, but don't build it right on the river this time, a little ways up from the bank so it can't be taken by another flood like last time. Don't even think about putting it into the water until you have some oars and a rope to secure it to a tree when not in use.
... while being chased by axe-welding cats in the dark.
Scratch that, throwing-axe-wielding cats in the dark.
They're cute but my god that's terrifying.
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Lillipad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: November 03, 2010, 10:02:54 pm »

New design idea. Make a halberd with the newly made staff. It will combine the spear and basic axe designs(obviously) and will potentially be our best stabbing/slashing weapon for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]