Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Most unintentionally hilarious notification you've gotten?  (Read 59494 times)

caranha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most unintentionally hilarious notification you've gotten?
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2010, 09:36:44 pm »

I was like "OH CRAP! ITS A FARMER DWARF TITAN! HE IS GOING TO HOE US TO DEATH! I MUST BEWARE HIS DEADLY CABBAGE!" Then he wandered around not doing anything for a while, and eventually just casually walked away.

Hmm? How did this happen? Diplomat? A Dwarfy forgotten beast? Migrants? immigrating nobles?

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2010, 11:35:14 pm »

An animal has become a stray war grizzly bear. Something about that just tickles me. (Especially since the vague sentence structure implies that it was NOT a grizzly bear before.)

The volcano one wins the thread, though.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2010, 02:24:45 am »

Gentledwarves, childbirth is dangerous.

I don't know what's more disturbing, the 'dangerous terrain' (slippery floor? ewww) or the fact that she was sparring while heavily pregnant.  "Go on Urist, try to punch me again!"
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2010, 10:10:07 am »

I was like "OH CRAP! ITS A FARMER DWARF TITAN! HE IS GOING TO HOE US TO DEATH! I MUST BEWARE HIS DEADLY CABBAGE!" Then he wandered around not doing anything for a while, and eventually just casually walked away.

Hmm? How did this happen? Diplomat? A Dwarfy forgotten beast? Migrants? immigrating nobles?

It was a weird bug that I can't explain. Wasn't a merchant, or diplomat. Not a migrant, because he wandered off the map. He was "friendly". The most reasonable theory that someone had was that he was a Dwarf that began wandering the wilds. AKA, a Dwarf sent by the mountain homes to explore ala ADVENTURE!
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

Saposhiente

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENGINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2010, 12:28:17 pm »

Might've been a Good titan that happened to be based on a dwarf?
The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?
You misspelled 'hilarious'
Fun

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2010, 12:29:49 pm »

I had a mystery dwarf show up on one of my maps in the past; it didn't produce an announcement to my knowledge and the dwarf wasn't associated with the caravan since it had long since left (this was in roughly mid-summer).  The @ wandered around for a while at the edge of the map before moving on...no clue who it was, since I forgot to check their name.  I'm hoping another one shows up again with my current fort so I can investigate further.
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2010, 01:26:42 pm »

My next notification isn't really hilarious in itself, but
One of my dwarves had finally decided to name his axe. Curious to know what action could have inspired such an event, I zoomed in on the dwarf. He was laying in bed, sleeping, with his axe.

Quickly, my mind wandered elsewhere.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2010, 01:55:59 pm »

If you are relatively close to an established dwarf settlement, it may have been a random migrant wandering the world map.
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

thijser

• Bay Watcher
  • You to cut down a tree in order to make an axe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2010, 02:01:35 pm »

It was a weird bug that I can't explain. Wasn't a merchant, or diplomat. Not a migrant, because he wandered off the map. He was "friendly". The most reasonable theory that someone had was that he was a Dwarf that began wandering the wilds. AKA, a Dwarf sent by the mountain homes to explore ala ADVENTURE!
You could use the legends to find out who this is/was.
I'm not a native English speaker. Feel free to point out grammar/spelling mistakes. This way I can learn better English.

Tryntu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2010, 02:41:33 pm »

<Dwarf> cancels Eat: Hunting Vermin for Food.

yay first fortress. my friend who got me into this game still teases me about that.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2010, 02:53:55 pm »

<Dwarf> cancels Eat: Hunting Vermin for Food.

yay first fortress
We gathered  ;).
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

FreakyCheeseMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2010, 03:37:48 pm »

I recently ran a 50-year-old world because I was so frutstrated with extince elves/goblins; sadly, that was not enough time for my civ to get any significant figures, so I got no caravans and thus, eventually, no migrants.

I decided to try to compensate for this by making dwarves mature at age 2, and give birth to litters of 20-40.

I got the following two messages in a row, though I can't remember the *exact* text for the first.:

"Urist McKnockedUp has married Urist McMightySperm! They decided to forgo any formal wedding ceremony!"
"Urist McKnockedUp has given birth to many babies!"
What do you really need to turn Elves into Dwarves? Mutation could make them grow a beard; insanity effects could make them evil-minded, aggressive, tree-hating cave dwellers, and instant, full necrosis of their lower legs could make them short.

Toast024

• Bay Watcher
  • Goes good with jam or butter.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2010, 04:39:19 pm »

You could use the legends to find out who this is/was.

I don't have the save anymore. It was with 31.01 and I was like 'Ooooo 31.02, lets delete everything to give it a cozy bed!"
The learning curve of the df forums should be equal to that of df itself.

abadidea

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_8BIT_PROGRAMMER]
    • View Profile
    • 0xabad1dea
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2010, 04:59:04 pm »

cancels Fill Pond: inappropriate building.

I think this is when they try to dump from a ramp. It's a new one for me.
ABadIdea likes bandfire opal, black opal, claro opal, crystal opal, fire opal, harlequin opal, jelly opal, levin opal, pinfire opal, precious fire opal, red flash opal, white opal, and microcline for its vibrant hue.

glory in the thunder, resplendent in the sky <-- I wrote a whole novel. There will be more.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2010, 02:14:00 am »

Urist McWrestler cancels spar in barracks: too insane
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13