Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: Most unintentionally hilarious notification you've gotten?  (Read 58687 times)

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
Re: Most unintentionally hilarious notification you've gotten?
« Reply #150 on: May 27, 2011, 12:04:40 am »

"The crundle punches the dwarf in the lower right back tooth from behind and the severed part flies of in an arc."
I got an image of a crundle punching a dwarf from inside of its mouth.

This one is on the same vein, but even.... worse :)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(yes, it's quite old)

I can't even figure how it can be possible without... I don't know... smashing the brain?

The arrow flew around his head.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 27, 2011, 12:40:14 am »

You renamed your Count "Manson7"?  As in Charlie or Marilyn?
Why not Shirley?
Always fun, even if it does cross between announcements and battle reports.
You have struck a cavern!
Urist McMiner cancels dig staircase: interrupted by trogoldyte.
(report) Urist McMiner strikes the troglodyte in the face with his -copper pick-.
With nothing before it. I love my miners.
I got the mental image of a troglodyte sticking it's face right next to the cavern ceiling as Urist cleared away the last bit of rock...

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 27, 2011, 03:08:47 am »

Happened to me the other day and I cracked up, giving the circumstances went something like this UristMcDisregardsSeasonalChanges has been entombed in Ice!  Whats even more hilarious was right before the seasonal save UristMcBeginnerSwimmer drowned and than apparently the other dwarf fell in right after and didnt suffocate but literally was frozen out o existence.    Poor feller
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 27, 2011, 08:30:01 pm »

Happened to me the other day and I cracked up, giving the circumstances went something like this UristMcDisregardsSeasonalChanges has been entombed in Ice!  Whats even more hilarious was right before the seasonal save UristMcBeginnerSwimmer drowned and than apparently the other dwarf fell in right after and didnt suffocate but literally was frozen out o existence.    Poor feller
Don't forget to dig out the ice and recover the pick (and any other useful equipment). ;)

oh, and you can recover the bodies for "proper" burial as well.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2011, 04:10:29 am »

"Proper" meaning magma burial?

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2011, 02:39:57 pm »

SO .....I went back the next winter and tried to dig out the spot where UristMcDisregardsSeasonalchanges was entombed in ice and he has just vanished, no pick , not a dwarf'n thing. Is this just a random atom disappearance? Or does it usually leave them behind?
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2011, 07:27:29 pm »

SO .....I went back the next winter and tried to dig out the spot where UristMcDisregardsSeasonalchanges was entombed in ice and he has just vanished, no pick , not a dwarf'n thing. Is this just a random atom disappearance? Or does it usually leave them behind?
If you mined out the right spot and the ice did not thaw first, the pick should be there...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 31, 2011, 12:58:24 pm »

I just recently got siege and bunch of ambushes, there were lots of goblins and few of little nastier goblin castes i had modded in - my military was victorious though, but there was lots of injuries causing my hospital to fill up with patients.

And just when i needed my chief medical dwarf most, he stops doing his medical duties and gets fey mood...

...luckily he gets all ingredients he needed and makes tetrahedrite scepted "Butcherstops the Wing of Trails".

So he stops taking care if his patients and makes artifact named Butcherstops, huh? Maybe he plans to use it to euthanize patients that are in too bad condition, or those who he doesn't like much. Or maybe he hates working as doctor and wants to be butcher instead.  ::)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 31, 2011, 10:17:11 pm »

It's the context that really makes this one. He's in jail.
Mayor, Sitting on a stool in his cell. He stands up and leans close to the Bars and whispers into the wardens ears.
"Hey I got an idea, you let me out, and we can all go have a Party..."
The warden thinks for amoment,
"You know what, thats a great Idea... HEY EVERYONE MR MAYOR IS THROWING A PARTY AT THE STATUE!!!!"

The Mayor blinks for a moment as the Warden runs off...
"Um?? Ain't you forgetting something? Hello??? Anyone?? ITS MY PARTY!!!"
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Corona688

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2011, 01:27:37 am »

If you mined out the right spot and the ice did not thaw first, the pick should be there...
This effect was discovered by some guy who made an incredibly badass ice trap that caught masses of goblins inside water, then exposed it to the sky, freezing them all solid, then pumped in magma from underneath, melting it all for the next batch.  The goblins would just VANISH every time, though the corpses kept mounting in the stocks screen.

Eventually he tried digging instead of melting.  Titanic piles of dead stinking goblins and clothing and items heaped high to the sky vorped out of hyperspace wherever they dug.
You never know when you might need a berserk dwarf to set loose somewhere.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2011, 06:04:34 pm »

I just recently got siege and bunch of ambushes, there were lots of goblins and few of little nastier goblin castes i had modded in - my military was victorious though, but there was lots of injuries causing my hospital to fill up with patients.

And just when i needed my chief medical dwarf most, he stops doing his medical duties and gets fey mood...

...luckily he gets all ingredients he needed and makes tetrahedrite scepted "Butcherstops the Wing of Trails".

So he stops taking care if his patients and makes artifact named Butcherstops, huh? Maybe he plans to use it to euthanize patients that are in too bad condition, or those who he doesn't like much. Or maybe he hates working as doctor and wants to be butcher instead.  ::)

Rename him Maxwell Edison immediately!  Too bad it wasn't a silver hammer.
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

Horizonblue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2011, 09:12:07 pm »

Urist Mcthirsty cancels Drink: Interrupted by Mason.

I knew it, its all a conspiracy!
When in doubt:  More Lever!

Madurjafro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 20, 2011, 12:58:07 pm »

"The crundle punches the dwarf in the lower right back tooth from behind and the severed part flies of in an arc."
I got an image of a crundle punching a dwarf from inside of its mouth.

This one is on the same vein, but even.... worse :)

(yes, it's quite old)

I can't even figure how it can be possible without... I don't know... smashing the brain?

say, you didn't happen to play around with duplicating the raws, did you?

Best thing is, That doesn't come from Messing with the Raws

I've seen it a couple of times while messing on the Arena

Soapalope

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Soaper
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 20, 2011, 01:05:44 pm »

When my Legendary Woodcutter was pushed off a cliff by an errant fox, because he was too hasty to take a drink from the barrel. Didn't notice at first, until I read the announcements and saw the "----- has died!" message.

He fell down a 16 z-level chasm into a 4 z-level deep river.

He didn't even attempt to swim.
FB: I was thinking Facebook. Oh well, I guess killing a Forgotten Beast is cool too.
Note to self: Devise methods of dropping Liaisons down pits during meetings. Yell, "THIS IS SPAARRTAAAAA..." at my monitor.

dagger

• Bay Watcher
  • Sniffin' glue
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 20, 2011, 04:00:59 pm »

Moose Brute Diplomat

Omag Kusnkedusm Ngos Tello

A gigantic moose twisted into humanoid form with lidless eyes. It has a bloated
body. Its teal hair is unkempt. Beware its noxious secretions!

Diplomat Stymied: A diplomat has left unhappy
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 04:03:20 pm by dagger »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13