Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13

Author Topic: Most unintentionally hilarious notification you've gotten?  (Read 59365 times)

Jalapeņo Cheesepuffs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most unintentionally hilarious notification you've gotten?
« Reply #165 on: June 20, 2011, 04:57:58 pm »

Not exactly a notification, but I sat shocked in my chair for at least a few seconds after reading it:

" title="Hosted by imgur.com

Agak translates roughly into Anus in the mainstream dwarven dialect.
"The eyes are open, the mouth moves, but Mr. Brain has long since departed"

-Edmund Blackadder

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2011, 09:18:48 pm »

The best I've got is a couple of messages that read: The Speardwarf stabs the Elf in the nose, and the severed part sales off in an arc.

Same dwarf, same battle, two different elves.
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

Cheveux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2011, 10:06:30 pm »

The best I've got is a couple of messages that read: The Speardwarf stabs the Elf in the nose, and the severed part sales off in an arc.

Same dwarf, same battle, two different elves.

I hope your dwarf get the title "The face lifter".

Mintaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »

He was fighting with a "towering feathered leech" beast, which apparently was an absurdly good wrestler.  He went flying about ten squares-- apparently losing his socks and shoes in the process-- hit a wall, and died instantly.  "It hit him so hard it knocked his socks off" was what had me in stitches, but "blows apart" is also an interesting mental image. 

Syrup Roast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2011, 10:50:03 pm »

He was fighting with a "towering feathered leech" beast, which apparently was an absurdly good wrestler.  He went flying about ten squares-- apparently losing his socks and shoes in the process-- hit a wall, and died instantly.  "It hit him so hard it knocked his socks off" was what had me in stitches, but "blows apart" is also an interesting mental image.
My answer to just about everything is magma. In fact, most threads end up with me running in screaming it 

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 23, 2011, 12:05:57 am »

Actually, him blowing apart, meaning he gets epicly dismembered, means he "loses hold of" anything he was wearing, just like a dwarf "loses hold of" his gauntlet when his hand gets chopped off.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 02, 2011, 12:53:45 pm »

As an adventurer, but whatever.

"The wolf gives in to pain.
The wolf has bled to death.
The wolf regains consciousness."

They were probably different wolves, but still...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 02, 2011, 03:10:26 pm »

Remember, soon it can happen with a single wolf  :o

When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2011, 03:49:13 pm »

Actually, him blowing apart, meaning he gets epicly dismembered, means he "loses hold of" anything he was wearing, just like a dwarf "loses hold of" his gauntlet when his hand gets chopped off.
The part that has me worried is why he was only wearing shoes and socks ... :o
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

UristMcHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2011, 06:58:05 pm »

Ouch. Now THAT would certainly knock yer socks off.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2011, 08:06:46 pm »

Actually, you only get the 'loses hold of ...' message if they're still alive, dropping items after death doesn't give that message.  So his socks and shoes were knocked off before he died.  Probably the blow that send him flying into an obstacle tore his legs off, which is why his shoes and socks fell off.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2011, 09:26:24 pm »

Urist McSeveraldwarves cancel Action: Resting injury.

The injury? Numbness.

"Oh, no, I don't feel any pain! I gotta go to a hospital bed!"
The way I understand it, it should be:
"I feel pain! Oh, no, I don't gotta go to any hospital bed!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 11, 2011, 03:39:25 am »

The part that has me worried is why he was only wearing shoes and socks ... :o

The report was from page 4, previous pages may have included other stuff.

Nyxalinth

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_FIGHTING]
    • View Profile
    • My facebook page.
« Reply #178 on: February 16, 2012, 12:48:14 am »

Thread Necro!

Tonight during the Great Necromancer Invasion, I had this one:

Urist McFarmer cancels Pen/Pasture Large Creature: Handling Dangerous Animal (or words to that effect)
Nyxalinth likes the color blue, gaming, writing, art, cats for their aloofness,  Transformers for their sentience and ability to transform, and the Constructicons for their hard work and building skills. Whenever possible, she prefers to consume bacon cheeseburgers and pinot noir. She absolutely detests stupid people.

bukitodinos

• Bay Watcher
  • IM FUCKING DEAD WOOOOO!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 04, 2012, 03:09:15 pm »

one of the cats fell down the expedition to hell

so i just watched it fall until i got the message

by that time i was in tears because all of the FBs noticed the cat and jumped in to hell

:D :D :D :D
I mean for the love of god! There's hair trying to kill a dog!
back to professional martinis with bukitodinos!
---
Put the flag in the martini and were done!
siggy!
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13