Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

Intelligence (IQ) stat suggestion

(1/2) > >>

hoihoi8:
It would be cool if each of your dwarves had an IQ stat. Dwarves with low IQ would do stupid crap like forgetting their arrows when they go hunting, or messing up other jobs. That way you would think twice about sending your dumbarse dwarf to do a really important job. Of course their IQs could go up and down just like stats, but there should be a cieling IQ for the not so smart / inbred types. If a smart dwarf was teamed with the dumb dwarf, he could help the dumb guy not screw up, but at the same time it could piss off the smart dwarf that his partner is a moron  :)

karnot:
Dwarves are not that smart "as is", and to make some of them even dumber ? Well, i wouldnt be in a hurry for that...

hoihoi8:
The IQ could also be tied into how fast they upgrade their skills. A smart dwarf will learn his skill very quickly, while a dumb dwarf will take forever to catch on and improve.

Draco18s:
quote:Originally posted by karnot:
<STRONG>Dwarves are not that smart "as is", and to make some of them even dumber ? Well, i wouldnt be in a hurry for that...</STRONG>Indeed, I had a dwarf fail to find a path to a pillar he decided to construct, and it was a mere three passageways away--I could fit both on the screen at once.
Or the one that died of thirst surrounded by a perma-flooded farm (and next to a river).
I'd say that if this got implemented as suggested, what we need now are the smart dwarves: they are already as dumb as they should get.

Mud:
quote:Originally posted by karnot:
<STRONG>Dwarves are not that smart "as is", and to make some of them even dumber ? Well, i wouldnt be in a hurry for that...</STRONG>Quoted for Truth.
This is something that sounds interesting in theory but would probably be enfuriating to actually have to play with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version