Poll

Ignore this poll.

No
- 73 (58.9%)
Sure
- 51 (41.1%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: Murdercloisters: Where A Year May Well Be A Lifetime (Succession)  (Read 23925 times)

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
Re: Murdercloisters the Haunted Mirkwood Fortress (Succession)
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2010, 03:02:13 pm »

Someone should rebuild any furniture artifacts, like the Charred LP's silver chest, in public areas so that dwarves can see them and get happy thoughts.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2010, 03:31:23 pm »

Downloading save...
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2010, 04:39:33 pm »

Thanks Pisano, for the fine half-year full of fun and poisonous pterosaurs.  If Murdercloisters lives long enough to get migrants then it should be okay.  Things could be worse!  There are 500+ seeds, and that amounts to plenty of lavish meals.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 18, 2010, 12:33:25 am »

Pfft, you call that a horrifying cataclysm?  Cavebrands managed to get all the way down to a single-digit population!

Anyways, yes, well done on your part.

Pisano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2010, 09:52:45 am »

Pfft, you call that a horrifying cataclysm?  Cavebrands managed to get all the way down to a single-digit population!
It was more of a sad steady decline where every other message was about someone throwing a tantrum or someone dying.  The best part is that my dwarf spent 5.5 of the 6 months in a bed in the hospital.

Anyways, yes, well done on your part.
Thanks.  I was a bit frustrated at not being able to stop the spiral, but I guess the natural course of these things is that the population has to get low enough for things to mellow out.  The trick is going to be getting migrants into the fort.  I'm sure the goblins are out there lying in ambush.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2010, 12:15:47 am »

From the journal of 'Turkey' Netbaldness, Mechanic.

1st Limestone
It dawned on me today, just after placing the door over the seventh tomb, that this fort has no direction, no purpose. Our last mayor resigned for 'personal reasons', and her replacement morosely chips away at her latest work of masonry - a mudstone coffin. Even if she were speaking to anyone, there's no way to get work done; there's a long line of dwarves waiting to speak their mind.
Word was that 'Pisanoa' Intensepaged had a better clue what was going on, but nowadays he is barely conscious, permanently confined to his hospital bed. All around me, dwarves go about their daily lives without a second thought to the meaning of their activities. This changes now. I hereby promote myself to manager.

From the journal of 'Turkey' Netbaldness, Manager.

2nd Limestone
I have acquisitioned Nil's private dining room for an office, and assigned a contingent militia. I don't expect to need them but the only person I could find claiming to be a soldier was Mafol Cloistertrotted carrying an empty crossbow. We can do better than that.

Later this afternoon, Olon bled to death from grievous sword wounds. From what I can gather from the trail of blood leading back to the crime scene, his assailant is long deceased.

5th Limestone
The miners broke into an extra cavern between the two known cave complexes. The supplemental accommodation plan will have to be redesignated to more... solid areas of rock.

Somebody was injured by goblins after climbing on the fortress walls. Further construction in that area has been suspended.

6th Limestone
The newly assigned militia commander spontaneously bled to death after donning a boot with forgotten beast goo on it. All existing armour will have to be dumped and washed before use.

17th Limestone
I just noticed a smear of white goo on my feet. It didn't come from my boots; I'm not wearing any. I must have stepped in a puddle of the stuff somewhere.  If Kadol's experience is any indication, I won't have time to retrace my steps; I have to get to the hospital immediately.
Supplemental: The puddle is by the well. I have ordered the area restricted, but I believe that may be my last act for the fort. I feel myself getting weaker by the second, even Ducim the doctor cannot save me now.

From the journal of Erib Paddledtold, Mayor.

22nd Limestone
Made more coffins today. That's why I'm here; why we're all here, in this fort, to make coffins. Tekkud the Gem setter gets it, that's why he punched Nil's lungs out.  Gonna need to make more coffins tomorrow.

27th Limestone
The doctor's been cleaning all our future corpses with muddy water because we have no soap. So now we need an extra coffin.

8th Timber
The last of our dead are finally buried.
Nil is still alive, laying in the middle of the corridor where Tekkud left him to die. Ducim refuses to take him to the hospital and I can't figure out why.
We have bedrooms, and a larger dining room is being furnished and smoothed.  It's been over a month since I've had anyone yell at me or throw furniture, and I'm almost starting to feel like a dwarf again.

11th Timber
I had been expecting a caravan from the mountainhomes this month, but instead there is word of a horde of goblins riding all manner of vicious beasts. I daren't open the gates as our last attempt at equipping a militia ended in tragedy.

I guess the only thing they can kill is wildlife.

13th Timber
Nil has abandoned the idea of being rescued, and carried himself to the hospital. (He seemed to have glitched. After messing around with furniture and having dwarves with nothing to do but rescue him, I tried making hospital zone where he fell, which fixed it)

1st Moonstone
Winter is here, and still no sign of the caravan. I hope the goblins freeze to death.

So dorfing myself lasted all of 17 days.  Apart from that though, things have levelled out.  Memories of the tantrum spiral are fading and Murdercloisters is returning to life as normal, which doesn't say much.
A medium-sized bird with a distinctive fleshy wattle that hangs from the underside of the beak, and a fleshy protuberance that hangs from the top of its beak called a snood.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2010, 12:00:26 pm »

From the journal of Erib Paddletold, Mayor

13th Moonstone 869
Another puddle of forgotten beast goo has coalesced by the well. Nobody noticed until Mafol stepped in it and started bleeding from his orifices. Restrictions and cleanup operations are underway, but every time somebody washes themselves it costs us another life. Current population: 18.

11th Opal
Operation wash-the-goo-off-all-the-armour has had partial success. There's no more goo on it, but it's underwater. At the very least, this will prevent the spread of the poison.

21st Obsidian
The goblins are gone. With luck, they'll stay gone long enough for migrants to bolster the population.
Eshtan the cheesemaker reports that experiments to drain water into semi-molten rock are so-far unsuccessful.  I am assured there are still options available for the waterfall stairwell plans.

28 Granite 870

Perhaps they have forgotten us in the mountain homes? Perhaps they hope we have forgotten them. Either way, we're on our own.

14 Felsite
An elven merchant caravan has arrived. As reluctant as I am to allow elves into the fort, this may be our best opportunity to let the outside world know we are still alive. I have ordered the East Gate lowered, and hope the inevitable goblin ambushes don't beat them to it.

16th Felsite
The merchants were scared by a skeletal rabbit, panicked, and ran. Until one of their camels turned around and kicked its leg off.

4th Hematite
The merchants had little to offer, but I gave them piles upon piles of tattered, blood-stained dwarven clothing for some exotic drinks and caged animals.

One season left. I still have two mini projects to finish, and I've all-but abandoned the other two.  Time flies when your FPS is maxing out at 100.

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 20, 2010, 12:21:47 am »

Alas, poor Murdercloisters.  All we need now is a colossal stonefly to finish us off.

One season left. I still have two mini projects to finish, and I've all-but abandoned the other two.  Time flies when your FPS is maxing out at 100.

Intriguing.  What did you have planned?

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 20, 2010, 03:11:03 am »

Re-equipping the military, mist generators, that sort of thing.  With a bit of luck I'll still get the towers done.

TurkeyXIII

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 22, 2010, 04:58:08 am »

From the journal of Erib Paddletold, mayor.

4th Hematite 870
Our wood is in such short supply that we cannot afford to lose any bins. I have mandated that exporting them is prohibited, punishable by jail time. Or at least, it would be if we had a jail.

9th Malachite
The elves have been getting impatient, so we had to lower the gate to let them out. A skeletal moose killed the last kobold, then walked into a cage trap.

11th Malachite
The last of the elves have left, and the gate was sealed behind them.

16th Galena
The enemy is upon us!
From the top of the nearly-completed tower we can count 47 goblins, 11 Trolls, 16 monstrous mounts, 7 kobolds and a gigantic sloth twisted into humanoid form. Our military consists of zero dwarves. I'm  not even sure our iron drawbridges can hold out against the sloth monster, so I've ordered the courtyard to be walled off completely.

19th Galena
The walls are now sealed to both the invading armies and immigrant dwarves. Work on the towers has stalled, as the masons are afraid of completing the fortifications in full view of the enemy axegoblins. The showers, however, are completed ahead of schedule and will be tested by Eshtan the cheesemaker.

24th Galena

A clever goblin riding a giant bat flew to the top of the tower and attacked Rigoth the armorer. We can't save him, and worse, the tower basement leads directly into the fort! Everybody is forbidden from going even close to the surface now, and I've ordered another impromptu wall to cover the tower basement tunnel.
Supplemental: Rigoth's screaming stopped far earlier that we expected. The wall may not build in time.

25th Galena
The wall is completed, and no sign of the giant bat.

Have a nice siege.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3310

PM sent to Kregoth.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 06:48:52 am by TurkeyXIII »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 22, 2010, 01:26:18 pm »

Nicely done, I see things are looking up for Murdercloisters!

Heh...  Cloistered away from the outside world and murdering fellow dwarves...  Living up to the name, I see.

Anyways, should be interesting to see how this all pans out.  Good work.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 26, 2010, 07:05:46 pm »

Oh, hey, I'm next after Kregoth. Am I up?

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 26, 2010, 07:52:04 pm »

Yeah, it's been a few days with no word, so you're up. Sorry Kregoth.   

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 26, 2010, 07:59:05 pm »

Sounds good. I'll download the save tonight.

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 29, 2010, 06:51:08 pm »

I'm nearly through my year. So far, one of the main sources of excitement has been a leak in the shower plumbing.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16