Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tilesets wont load...  (Read 674 times)

Laghed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tilesets wont load...
« on: March 20, 2007, 12:18:00 pm »

Hi can anyone help me out?

I have tried absolutely everything to get the tilesets to load, I just want the Dwarfs/monsters to look 2d I am not overly concerned about terrain/objects(though that would be nice...Why arent the tilesets working? I have installed , uninstalled 9000 times , modified notepads for ages and cut and pasted for hours...how about in the Bay12 DL section they just have a prepacked tileset included mod...Anyways this game rocks.

And can anyone send me to a secret Dwarf fortress page that has awesome easy to understand tilesets and installation instructions?

Metalax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Tilesets wont load...
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 01:31:00 pm »

OK the following should get you running with a tileset.

• Download a tileset from the Wiki.
  • Extract the tileset.
  • Copy the graphics_example.txt to the raw/graphics/ directory overwriting the one already there.
  • Copy any bmp's to the raw/graphics/example/ directory overwriting the one already there.
  • Open the data/init/init.txt with text editor.
  • Find the line [GRAPHICS:NO] and change it to [GRAPHICS:YES] and save.
In the beginning was the word, and the word was "Oops!"

Akael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 02:21:00 am »

Simple, you need to uninstall over 9000 times.

It's the best solution.

DR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 08:41:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Laghed:
<STRONG>Hi can anyone help me out?

I have tried absolutely everything to get the tilesets to load, I just want the Dwarfs/monsters to look 2d I am not overly concerned about terrain/objects(though that would be nice...Why arent the tilesets working? I have installed , uninstalled 9000 times , modified notepads for ages and cut and pasted for hours...how about in the Bay12 DL section they just have a prepacked tileset included mod...Anyways this game rocks.

And can anyone send me to a secret Dwarf fortress page that has awesome easy to understand tilesets and installation instructions?</STRONG>

I can probably help, if you're more specific as to your problem. When you start the game, are you getting a black screen? Garbled, unreadable text? Or something else?