Early - Meh.
- 3 (18.8%)
Middle - Yes!
- 8 (50%)
Late - No!
- 5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Four = finished.  (Read 22630 times)

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Four.
« Reply #135 on: September 27, 2010, 11:13:30 am »

I really hope people aren't meta gamey enough to use my screenshots posted to know the location of my capital without scouting and bombard my capital with flame bolts.  ;-)

Guess I'll have to get some shielding up...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 27, 2010, 01:23:02 pm »

FUCK!
FUUUUCK!!
I give up. So far, my each an every attempt at setting up archer decoys ended up in them drawing fire exactly towards my mages. I don't even keep count anymore of how many I lost this way.
This last battle - two lizard kings, at the back of the field, where I reckoned they would be pretty safe. But no, bakemono shortbowmen can reach you everywhere. Four of the 40-something force guarding them got hit, as well as both of the kings. Good bye 500gp+400 for the temple they were building.
Ugh.
And the silly Marignon moves their army towards my border. Shoo! Shoo, I say. I spared you when you were weak and vulnerable, don't be stabbing my back now.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 27, 2010, 09:42:47 pm »

Nice.
I'm sure HLBeta would be most grateful to you, if you only could be bothered to include more recent troop movements and strategic plans.

Ayup. I'm all about those troop movements and strategic plans.

Seriously, thank you for posting. It's nice to catch a glimpse of the game in action beyond the limited scope of the tutorial/demo.

FUCK!
FUUUUCK!!
I give up. So far, my each an every attempt at setting up archer decoys ended up in them drawing fire exactly towards my mages. I don't even keep count anymore of how many I lost this way.
This last battle - two lizard kings, at the back of the field, where I reckoned they would be pretty safe. But no, bakemono shortbowmen can reach you everywhere. Four of the 40-something force guarding them got hit, as well as both of the kings. Good bye 500gp+400 for the temple they were building.
Ugh.

Yeah, even with my limited experience with the game I am inclined to agree with you on that point. I ended up losing the Wanderer and a few of his druid buddies to archers before they could get their defensive spells up and running. Probably why I laughed so hard when I ended up killing the AI's pretender with massed archer fire. Good times.
... and then it explodes!

Ravenlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Enter the realm
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2010, 04:15:33 pm »

For reasons that do not depend on me I won't be able to play any more. I'm setting Pytium to AI. I'm sorry! I wish you all the best.
Enter the realm,
don's stay awake!
The dreams remain,
they only break!

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2010, 06:34:03 pm »

So it turns out Twiceborn is a pretty useless spell, at least for how I wanted to use it.

For some reason, when a mage dies and becomes a wight mage, they keep all the afflictions they had when they were alive.  So if a mage dies of old age, usually they pick up a lot of bad shit, like Feeble Minded, before they die.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2010, 11:15:38 pm »

So it turns out Twiceborn is a pretty useless spell, at least for how I wanted to use it.

For some reason, when a mage dies and becomes a wight mage, they keep all the afflictions they had when they were alive.  So if a mage dies of old age, usually they pick up a lot of bad shit, like Feeble Minded, before they die.
I always wondered what it does. Does the mage retain all his magic paths and/or abilities(like forging bonus etc)?

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 29, 2010, 01:50:18 am »

I imagine they would keep all of that.  It seems like they probably keep everything they had, good and bad, though I don't know for sure.

So far the only mage I've had turned into a wight mage was Feeble Minded, so he didn't have any magic paths.  XD

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 29, 2010, 05:00:45 am »

Perhaps you need to cast Gift of Health, so that they die healthy, heh.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 29, 2010, 06:29:39 am »

Out of idle curiosity, would an effect like Gift of Health's slowed aging (-.5 aging for the base rate of +1) stack with another age suppressant effect like that of the Elixir of Life to make the unit age backwards? Is there some kind of young equivalent to the old age trait? I'd love to experiment with it, but I'm still stuck with the demo for the foreseeable future.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 29, 2010, 06:46:31 am »

Good question. There's also this blood magic spell called "rejuvenate" that subtracts 10 years from the caster's age - this calls for an experiment, I guess.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 30, 2010, 07:01:50 am »

To answer the above question, I've made an Abysian Warlock cast "rejuvenate" several times. His age went down to 0, with neither adverse, nor positive effects. Repeated castings had no additional effect whatsoever.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 30, 2010, 09:54:10 pm »

To answer the above question, I've made an Abysian Warlock cast "rejuvenate" several times. His age went down to 0, with neither adverse, nor positive effects. Repeated castings had no additional effect whatsoever.

"What sick man sends babies to fight me?"

Sorry, it had to be done.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 08, 2010, 07:41:50 am »

I've got a lizardman shaman named Rim Sin on my payroll. I honestly don't know what to think about it.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 11, 2010, 08:10:24 am »

Dammit I need to stop slacking til the last day to do my turn.

Unfortunately today is suddenly very busy for me and I may not have time to do my turn until late tonight, so I would like to ask for a one day extension for this turn, just in case.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 11, 2010, 01:14:45 pm »

That big undead army is looking pretty scary.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15