Early - Meh.
- 3 (18.8%)
Middle - Yes!
- 8 (50%)
Late - No!
- 5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Four = finished.  (Read 22429 times)

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Four. A GAME WITH A SERIOUS NEED OF PLAYERS.
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2010, 01:03:44 pm »

That's.... that's kinda... stalkerish.  If only you had Pythium in there, I'd be really scared.  But we have another player!  :-D
stalkerish? O.o

So how many players do we need?
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2010, 01:25:51 pm »

He said stalkerish because in our last game we played late era with five players, you listed four of the factions that were chosen, Pythium being the only one you left out.  Personally, I'm offended, there's nothing cooler than giant hydras that don't like to die.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 01:48:59 pm »

Great! Welcome aboard Johuotar.
I think we'll leave Late Age for some other time, and stick with MA for this game, so you better choose some appropriate nation.

As for how many players do we need - five seems kinda too few for such a large map, and I've got a feeling that most of us would like to try a big one after last game's experiences.
I don't know, seven+? Unless nobody else shows up, that is.

He said stalkerish because in our last game we played late era with five players, you listed four of the factions that were chosen, Pythium being the only one you left out.  Personally, I'm offended, there's nothing cooler than giant hydras that don't like to die.
Did you know, there's a high-level conjuration spell for Sauromatia/Pythium, which summons a unique hydra "hero", whichi is actually immortal?

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 07:06:50 pm »

All I know is...tangle vines.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2010, 08:49:52 am »

So, eh, what do you guys think? Should we wait some more? Choose a small-ish map? Play on a large one with victory points enabled?

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2010, 02:07:49 pm »

How do the victory points work in this game?  I've never played a victory points round.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2010, 02:23:07 pm »

If I recall correctly, there are few options involving VPs:
You set a number of them to appear randomly on the map, and how many need to be under one players control to claim victory.
You can include/exclude capitols as additional VP provinces.
You can opt for score accumulation, where each VP-province gives a number of "score" per turn under a player's control, and the score limit required for victory.

It's a sensible choice if the map is too big - we could set e.g.5 VPs, and you'd need four of them to win. Takes care of all that hassle involved in wiping out a losing nation completely. Might also allow the losing one to raise from the ashes.
More options for diplomacy as well.

I'm not sure if World of Warhammer would fit here, though. Each nation has got a preselected starting position on the map, so it might end with a bunch of us clustered together, while the last players is far away, and can nab all the outlying VPs.
I suppose it could work, If we took care to chose our nations by taking the above problem into consideration.

The map called Orania(one of the default ones included in the vanilla) could be nice to play with that system. It's got a bunch of special sites, which can act as VP if chosen. It's also large and a wraparound. Might be good.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2010, 03:25:10 pm »

I'm up for either way, I doubt I'll be the winner so I'm not as concerned about the conditions to win.  The more people the better, though.  A 5 vs Il Palazzo phase one would go very smoothly.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2010, 04:08:14 pm »

XD

All right, I'm cool with a VP option than.  I'm pretty agreeable as far as the rules go.   While more players would be nice, we have been waiting for a pretty significant amount of time already. 

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2010, 04:18:35 pm »

Ok, unless somebody else objects, I'll put up the game sometime on monday.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2010, 11:46:08 am »

Doesn't seem like we're getting any more players.
With only five of us playing, I don't think it's advisable to use the World of Warhammer map, as it's too big.
My proposition would be to play on "Desert Eye" - one of the vanilla maps.
It gives each of us about 20 independent provinces to conquer, before pvp aggression will be deemed necessary to expand. It's also a wraparound, which should help guard against the "fuck I'm stuck in the corner" situations.

As for other options:
Victory by victory points - 5 on the map, 4 needed to win.
Magic site frequency increased by 5 percent(to 45), so that there can be a bit more magic in this game.
Era is Middle.

I'll give you guys some time voice any complaints and propose whatever changes you want. I'll set up the game on llama server in about six hours time, which should be around 11PM GMT. I'll post the link then.

If somebody'll be late, and will want some changes, we can always restart the whole thing.

I'll be playing C'tis, Kebooo opted for Marignon. I don't know about the rest of you, just make sure no two of you try submitting the same nation.

ed: Damn, this silence is unnerving. I hope nobody decided to drop out.

Here's the game's page:
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Bay12Games4

To submit your predenders:
Quote from: Cthulhu
Make a pretender
Find the 2h file for your pretender in C:\blahblahblahdominions3directory\savedgames\newlords\
Email it to pretenders@llamaserver.net with the name of the game (Bay12Games4) in the subject line.

As a reminder, you'll be recieiving .trn files from llama server, which you shoud put into a {dom3dir}/savedgames/{whatevernameyouwant}/
After finishing your moves, a new .2h file will appear in that folder, which you should send to the same address from which you've recieved your .trn file.

Also, remember to install and activate a CBM v.1.6 mod(link on the game's page) before creating a pretender.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:57:52 pm by Il Palazzo »

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Four. Submit your pretenders!
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2010, 08:37:49 pm »

Let it be known, the great KillPalazzo has awoken and entered the fray.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2010, 08:39:58 pm »

Haha KillPalazzo, I like.

I'm not home right now, but I'll be back late tonight, so I should have my pretender up by tomorrow morning.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2010, 12:54:03 am »

Did a random pick, came up with Ermor.

I know I have heard in the past that LA Ermor is overpowered, and I don't know if MA Ermor is the same way.  So if you guys want me to choose something else, just let me know.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2010, 05:06:05 am »

I'm no expert on Ermor, but I don't mind.

kILlPalazzo? I'm sure we'll be friends.

All the lizards hated the old miasma, it was boring and not smelly enough. But then they felt a warm and stinky breeze of change, when the New Smell of Freshness began awakening.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15