Early - Meh.
- 3 (18.8%)
Middle - Yes!
- 8 (50%)
Late - No!
- 5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]

Author Topic: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Four = finished.  (Read 22441 times)

slMagnvox

• Bay Watcher
  • Attend Party
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Four.
« Reply #210 on: December 04, 2010, 05:04:27 pm »

Don't forget to mention a carefully crafted and failure prone assassination strategy to take out the mage that cast the global!

Definitely the most satisfying, though maybe not even the most gem efficient way. Especially after you kit out a flying summon or a recruited mage or two to teleport in and spam something like earthquake. You have to get lucky with intel to find the caster outside a fort though; Chain casting remote kill spells remains an option, could even flush them out of cover.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 05:08:20 pm by slMagnvox »

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 04, 2010, 05:18:15 pm »

Identifying what mage casted it and where they are isn't exactly easy, nor is getting an assassin to actually target that specific mage you want...   Or maybe it is, and I just suck.  XD

But anyway, the real reason I didn't consider dispelling it is because honestly, I didn't know it was really benefiting you that much.  I mean it would be a huge benefit to me with my old ass mages, which are now half diseased due to the spell you casted on my capital a few turns back.  ;-)  But I didn't know you were getting a great deal of benefit from it.

That, and it's not like I have a huge surplus of gems laying around.  I've probably used over 100+ astral gems on my weak 1S astral mages spamming arcane bolt (which I still don't know why it didn't harm your gargoyle).  I'm sure that's not the best use of astral gems, but it was extremely effective in killing Abysia's fire lizard things when they attacked me, so I thought the same strategy might work on the gargoyle.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2010, 08:16:37 pm »

Man, the C'tis miasma is something that practically prevents me from using any non-national troops and mages, meaning that without GoH, I'd be stuck with the three basic magic paths. No teleporting Adepts of the Iron Order(whom you've probably met) for me. Neither could I reliably fight under water, as my fishmen would die off rather quickly.
Also, GoH turns my weaksauce pd into a sensible force, not to mention increasing my Gargoyles' combat effectiveness even further.

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2010, 01:11:49 am »

C'Tis miasma...  -gets the manual and looks it up-.

See?  This is a perfect example of the kinds of things I learn every game.  XD  I was totally unaware of any miasma effect that the C'tis dominion produced.

puntocom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 11, 2010, 07:00:22 am »

Hello,

sorry about not being active, i had some external problems.

Sorry!

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 11, 2010, 09:36:37 am »

Heh, no problem. While you were gone, the game practicaly came to an end.

I was just going to set you on AI, as the only reason this game is still not removed from the sever is because Lorak wants to experiment a bit with his natiion.

If you'd rather stay and play a bit more for the same reason, let me know, as I'll need to change back Abysia's turn receiver to yourself(the change was due to the process of setting on AI).

Also, hey, Lorak:
How many Justin Biebers could you take in a fight?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 09:49:02 am by Il Palazzo »

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 11, 2010, 10:38:16 am »

Hahahaha, that's awesome... and probably true.  =-x

Also, can we delay this turn a day?  I made the mistake of staying up all night doing something and now I'm too tired to mess with this turn, and I'll probably wake up too late to do it on time.  XD  So if you don't mind, delaying for a day would be nice.  :-)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 11, 2010, 10:48:40 am »

I think I'll just set it to something stupidly large, like 200h - after all, it's just the two of us left now.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 11, 2010, 04:26:13 pm »

I had a dream about this game a few days ago.  Il Palazzo demanded we surrender to him, but I led a coalition against him, defeating him.  Then I woke up and remembered I've been set to AI.

:(

Lorak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 12, 2010, 06:38:44 am »

XD

The first turn of your AI-ness, you attacked and took like 3 provinces from me.  XD

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 12, 2010, 03:29:42 pm »

I had a dream about this game a few days ago.  Il Palazzo demanded we surrender to him, but I led a coalition against him, defeating him.  Then I woke up and remembered I've been set to AI.

:(

Maybe next game.   :D

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 12, 2010, 06:13:34 pm »

WE ARE THE PALAZZO - RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.
(unless it's not. Like in that other game)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 11:50:12 pm by Il Palazzo »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 3 PBEM - Round Four = finished.
« Reply #222 on: December 13, 2010, 04:33:06 pm »

I'm going to start gathering people for a new game(yes, I really like Dominions 3), which'll start probably after New Year, maybe sooner.
Here's the thread:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=72919.0
Feel free to join at your leisure.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 04:41:18 pm by Il Palazzo »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]