Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1491828 times)

Lost Requiem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Fur Affinity
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1365 on: April 11, 2011, 07:59:39 pm »

Dear Urist McMormon,

I unleashed the genophage on the fortress. STOP GIVING BIRTH TO TRIPLETS!

Sincerely Up yours, the Dwarven Institute for Population Control.
Lost's sanctuary for Lolis.
Quest Complete! 41/31

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: April 12, 2011, 03:10:25 am »

Dear Urist McGhostlyWoodcutter,

You heard the alarm. You heard the orders to run back to the fortress so we can raise the drawbridges. It was entirely your fault for ignoring them and deciding to wander, take a nap, and then go give the cyclops a hug. At least you died quickly.

Also: you had an axe, and knew how to swing it. Whereas Urists McBowdwarf and McStabsmith picked up a sword and crossbow--they may even have gotten confused on which of them got what--for the first times in their lives, arrived before the rest of the squad had their boots on, and weren't even winded by the time they had killed the cyclops.

So use your short time haunting the fortress to stop bothering Urist and Urist for not arriving sooner, and spend it guessing who is getting a slab engraved and then dropped in the magma and who's getting a promotion.

Your ghost-warded overseer.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 03:14:49 am by Deus Machina »
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: April 12, 2011, 11:31:34 am »

To: Animal Trainers' Guild of Mosus Romlam
Re: The latest wave of migrants

Yes, we need an animal trainer. One.

You sent three.

You realize that means two of them won't be training any animals, right?
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: April 12, 2011, 11:35:33 am »

You sent three.

To: control
Re: re: latest wave of migrants:

what if one or two were somehow left outside during an ambush? you'll be glad you had three!

My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: April 12, 2011, 12:33:40 pm »

You sent three.

To: control
Re: re: latest wave of migrants:

what if one or two were somehow left outside during an ambush? you'll be glad you had three!

To: External Assignments Dept, Animal Trainers' Guild

Keep up the good work.  They are waist-deep in the waiting room.  See if you can send five or six out next emigration cycle. 

P.S. We have prepared a bonus for your ingenius response for why we are sending so many.
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

billybobfred

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONOUN: she:her:hers:herself]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: April 12, 2011, 01:15:52 pm »

To: Urist McBerserk
Re: Your artifact idea

I realize that, in a very real sense, it is my fault that you couldn't get the green glass you needed to make... whatever it was going to be.

There is no sand on the map. I knew this, and yet I did not prepare.

However, the human traders brought clear glass. Isn't that... better?

Why did you insist on green glass?

Oh well. If you're going to sit in the workshop shouting "I am totally berserk right now, guys!", then that's fine too.
urist mcgeorg, who lives in boatmurdered and makes over 10,000 bad decisions each day,

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: April 12, 2011, 01:26:14 pm »

To: Urist McSheriff II
Re: Murder of Urist McSheriff I

Put down that axe.
Why did you execute the poor guy?
He just attacked the commander who dodged his attacks.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: April 12, 2011, 01:53:45 pm »

To: Urist McGuardCaptain

I hope you're happy. Just because the mayor demanded items we could not produce doesn't mean you should be so rough on the metalsmith. He was legendary, and had a daughter. they are now both dead.

From
  The Administrator

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: April 12, 2011, 02:26:59 pm »

Dear tame GCS down in the cavern entrance,
  When I gave you your illustrious post, I had one thing-and one thing ONLY-in mind-for you to shoot web. The fortifications are there for your benefit, NOT for you to sit their twidlling your chelicerae while a forgotten beast in the form of an earthworm SHOOTS FIRE through the fortifications! You are one of two females I have. Although extremely valuable, I have one more female to take your place. Also, please keep in mind that although we tamed you, this fort is very young. We have nothing in the way of defenses besides our just-formed squad of six dwarves, as previously all dwarves were needed to start up our dwarven metal industry. So, for the love of Armok, do your job. You're worse than the dwarves are about it.

sincerely,
your spider-loving overseer.

P.S. Please do remember that the beast's first kill will be you, and I can do nothing to save you.
From Mr. Welch's 1350 things he is not allowed to do in a RPG:
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
171. My character's dying words are not allowed to be "Hastur, Hastur, Hastur"
218. No matter my alignment, organizing halfling pit fights is a violation.
231. I am not allowed to do anything that would make a Sith Lord cry.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: April 12, 2011, 04:11:42 pm »

Dear Urist McLeatherworker,

So you made a friend. That's good! I'm very happy about that. And you went and threw a party for just you and your friend at the tiger cage. Well, alright, two's company, right?

What kind of confounds me is that you, immediatley after announcing this party to your buddy the grower, decided to go on break. Doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose of organizing it?

Sincerely,
your overseer.

Dear Urist McManager,

Okay, seriously, you have no fucking right to breaks. You know what you do all day? You fucking pass production orders and do shit-all else all day long. Okay, you're also one of our many furnace operators, I'll admit. Other than that, though, your only duty is to make potash, which we never do because, frankly, the farm plots aren't even in use anymore right now because we were fucking suffocating under huge piles of mushrooms and other assorted plants, and we won't be making any clear glass either. Frankly, you should be happy I picked you out for the position of manager. You get your own snazzy office, and all you have to do is ask our bookkeeper if he foresaw that we'd have enough materials for the order at this particular point in time (how that guy knows we'd be running into veins of bituminous coal I don't know, but I won't question the ethereal science of bookkeeping) before jutting a little "yup" mark next to that order on the list. In fact, I'm even taking you off the wood burning squad, just in case. So you get to sit around on your trallally all day long, waiting for somebody to pass on one of my production orders. This is all the work you'll be doing. If you take a break one more time just when I put up a shitload of coke-making orders for our metalsmithing industry, I'm giving you some !!motivation!!.

Kindly get off your big, fat ass.

Curtly and sternly,

your overseer.

P.S: No, seriously. If you don't do it, I'm promoting your son to a millitia captain and sending his "squad" (consisting of him, in the nude, with a sharp stick) at the next goblin ambush. You've been warned, fatass.

P.P.S: Love what you did with your hair, by the way.

Dear Urist McBookkeeper,

First, let me express my thanks to you for keeping our stock records up and running. Very good job you did there. Very precise, like I told you to. What I want to ask you, though, is it really necessary for you to write down the meat returns of every goblin we butcher separately? It clutters up the kitchen stocks a bit. Yes, I know they were all individuals with their own hopes, dreams, and family before they ran into our meatgrinder, but really, after Urist McButcher and his butchering friends have been at them, you can't even recognize them any more, and you just call it "goblin meat". Despite this, you still somehow saw fit to write down the contents of every pile separately. Kindly cut that shit out.

With thanks in advance,
your overseer.

To Urist McMayor,

No, we're not making any cunting quivers. We don't even have any hunters, because there's unicorns on the map. Quit your tremulous whining and get back to doing whatever the hell it is you do all day.

Signed by,
your overseer.

P.S: Is it really any surprise that you don't have any friends? Like, at all? Even the tanners have a few buddies, and they smell like brains and leather.

P.P.S: Two more months, and then your ass is out. Out and into the river, that is. Thanks to you and one of our former mayors, three of our dwarves will be sentenced to nearly two and a half months of jail time once the captain of the guard arrrives.

P.P.P.S: How's that agreement to get some carp brought here coming along? I did mention wanting to reintroduce them into the river.

Dear everyone,

You can drink some more, you know. We have plenty of booze, and the faster we drink it, the faster we can get rid of our plant surplus, and the faster our planters will have work again. They're threatening to unionize. This round's on me! If you drink less than eight units of booze this year, you're a pussy.

Sincerely,
the overseer.

Dear Urists McWoodcutter (s),

Would it KILL you to keep the tunnel to the farms free of trees while they're inactive? We'd like to get production underway as fast as possible again once we're out of booze and plants.

Sincerely,
you know who.

Dear miners,

Just fucking MINE out the vein of coal that is OBVIOUSLY behind those two squares of coal. Come the HELL on.

Going to drown his sorrows inb ooze,
the overseer.

Der Durr Dead Dour Dear Urizt McBrewler,

this 's some good fuck'n booze! *hic*

*vomit stains*,
look ma i got a peeeeeeeeen

Dear Urist McChief Medical Dwarf,

Thanks for treating the head wound I got while falling down the stairs dead-drunk.

Sincerely,
your overseer.
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: April 12, 2011, 07:37:47 pm »

Dear DeathOnLegs the GCSs,

I have been going over the combat reports you've filed lately.I cannot help but notice that when you find goblin mcpedo, you never fail to inject venom. REPEATEDLY. When ALL THREE OF YOU ARE LATCHED ONTO THE SAME GOBLIN. However, in repelling the first ambush of our fort, despite latching on through their clothes you failed to inject your venom even once. Come on gals and guy. I understand the the pedos need to be destroyed, but you injected venom no less than FIVE TIMES. Each. Save some for the military gobbos, wouldn't you?

Sincerely,
your overseer who is willing to savescum to keep you three around. 
148. There is no Gnomish Deathgrip, and even if there was, it wouldn't involve tongs.
240. Any character with more than three skills specializing in chainsaw is vetoed.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 12, 2011, 07:48:08 pm »

Dear Urist McMoodyMason,

Stop whoring up all the limestone, we're trying to build a second wall layer here. Go make your artifact with something else, ass.

Yours truly,
The Overseer that is not afraid to lock you in the workshop if you don't stop using all the limestone.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 12, 2011, 07:51:24 pm »

Dear Urist McMarksdwarf
      Why do you keep bashing people in the HEAD WITH YOUR CROSSBOW WHEN YOU STILL HAVE BOLTS?! Now I have to throw you in the !!FUN!! room since you have too many injuries and we have too few threads for patients. Say hi to Armok for me you Carp Hugging Long-Ears.

Sincerely, Overlord

Byakugan01

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 12, 2011, 08:01:07 pm »

Dear Urist McMoodyMason,

Stop whoring up all the limestone, we're trying to build a second wall layer here. Go make your artifact with something else, ass.

Yours truly,
The Overseer that is not afraid to lock you in the workshop if you don't stop using all the limestone.

How much is "all" of it? You might be on your way to another planepacked!

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1379 on: April 13, 2011, 05:55:16 am »

dear urist mcmerchant.
you came, we traded, then we traded again.
the first time, you took a nice 20 margin profit, and we were both happy.
then you refused an 80 profit. a 100 profit, and a 120 profit and left claiming i was playing with you.
next time you come, i don't care if we're dwarves, and i don't care if you have merchants, i'll lower the bridge on your fucking head, splatter you all to death, and claim what remains. and if you survive and get to the depot, i'll seize what fucking remains and annihilate you all under a mass of bolt fire.
i HAD 30 idlers. now i have 30 Crossbowman...and i do have 30 quivers and 30 stacks of 25 bolts.
noone defies me and lives. NO-ONE!
ps: next time, please, bring more food.
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 504