Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1492409 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #1860 on: July 05, 2011, 08:49:31 pm »

Dear All Urists Of All Professions:
Learn from the mistakes of your comrades, and when confronted with a giant cave spider, run, don't sleep!
Sincerely,
GreatWyrmGold, Ovrsr.
P.S. Why did you name the place HALLCARNAGES?

Seriously, I had this happen to TWO dwarves in a row, with the same GCS!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: July 06, 2011, 01:31:21 am »

Learn from the mistakes of your comrades, and when confronted with a giant cave spider, run, don't sleep!
Sincerely,
GreatWyrmGold, Ovrsr.

Has fainting been implemented on the sly?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

lazygun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: July 06, 2011, 02:47:17 pm »

To Momuz Anametur

You have Feed Patients/Prisoners labour enabled. You have no other labours enabled. So please explain why Goden Dorenniral just died of thirst in the jail cells.

On second thoughts, just report to the lowest level of the fort, where we are about to channel into the magma sea to create a disposal chute for all the Voracious Cave Crawlers, Jabberers and so on that are cluttering our cages. You will remain restricted to that burrow with no food, water or bed, with the job of pitching each beast into the magma, until one way or another it results in your demise.

Yours sincerely

Your friendly fortress overseer.

Icee77

• Bay Watcher
  • I gave dogs [CAN_LEARN]. What have I DONE?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: July 06, 2011, 05:02:16 pm »

Dear Urist McChampion.
     You were supposed to be training. But INSTEAD you walked onto an ice river!!!! NOT ONLY DID YOU DROWN TO DEATH, YOU ALSO CAUSED A GOSHDARN TEMPER SPIRAL! I hate you.

From,
Angry Overseer.

RAKninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware his deadly fusion cannon!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: July 06, 2011, 08:47:17 pm »

To Momuz Anametur

You have Feed Patients/Prisoners labour enabled. You have no other labours enabled. So please explain why Goden Dorenniral just died of thirst in the jail cells.

On second thoughts, just report to the lowest level of the fort, where we are about to channel into the magma sea to create a disposal chute for all the Voracious Cave Crawlers, Jabberers and so on that are cluttering our cages. You will remain restricted to that burrow with no food, water or bed, with the job of pitching each beast into the magma, until one way or another it results in your demise.

Yours sincerely

Your friendly fortress overseer.

i've recently had an outbreak of that.  solved it with 2 tile drink only stockpile set to 2 barrels, and setting it to take from the main drink stockpile.  dwarves are more eager to haul than take care of their fellows.  i also have a 1 tile stockpile for prepared food set to no barrels.  sometimes i have to micromanage which jailcell is taking from the main piles (mainly due to urist mcnewmayor getting elected and immediately banning the export of large gems right as a caravan was leaving the map with a shipment full of exported large gems) when a lot of jailcells are full, but the one odd failed production order should usually go to the same cell with those stockpiles being the ones active for taking from the main stockpiles.

dear goblins,
 the arrow in the arm of my nudist duchess was the last straw.  that and my military is reduced to a squad and a half.when you come to play, i'm locking up.  i dont care if it's two back to back sieges lasting from late summer to early summer.  we are entirely self contained now, with our only problems being the occasional forgotten beast from the caverns that i should really consider walling off.  stop wasting your time, for one day, my warriors will get around to picking up all this candy armor i'm making for them (they've allready got the weapons, so dont push it), and they will slaughter whatever goblins can make it through twenty tiles of cage traps, bordered by forty tiles of fully loaded weapon traps.

kindest regards,
the guy who runs bronzetools.
Goblin Fortress (NOW UPDATED FOR 34.02!
magma on his bed when he is sleeping, works every time

Awesome0Person

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: July 06, 2011, 10:03:17 pm »

Dear Urist McStupidwife,

For the love of Armok don't bring your three children into the danger room. Yes, I know that your husband is there, and more importantly, so the wine, but a tantruming Axe Lord with full iron armor, a copper shield and a masterwork Adamantine battleaxe would not be the best thing for the fortress.

Your sociopathic Overseer
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 10:28:13 pm by Awesome0Person »
Soon, you'll have a drunken avatar of destruction. As opposed to your normal drunken paragons of destruction.

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: July 06, 2011, 11:02:28 pm »

dear Mr legendary crossbowman/hunter

Next time i tell you to kill a deer. When you run out of ammo dont jump in the lake after it.

the guy looking for your replacement >.<

ledgekindred

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh Boy, Microcline
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: July 07, 2011, 08:39:31 am »

Dear Forgotten Beasts

Will you just cut it out.  I get it.  There's a lot of you.  Please stop coming onto my map for a day or two?  I can't get anything done at the magma pools because you keep running onto the  map and scaring my dorfs.  So far I've been lucky and you have been a bunch of pushovers  (except for that one with the dust that made my best axedwarf's lungs rot, I hate you.)  Yes, I know I embarked in a terrifying biome with no water and no volcano, because I wanted a challenge, but this is ridiculous.  So please, please, please, just stay home for a while.

Yrs,
Frustrated Overseer
I don't understand, though that is about right with anything DF related.
I just hope he dies the same death that all dwarfs deserve: liver disease.
The legend of Reg: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=65866.0
Atir Stigildegel, Legless Hero of Diamondrelic: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=83136.0

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: July 07, 2011, 09:21:09 am »

Next time i tell you to kill a deer. When you run out of ammo dont jump in the lake after it.

Thats strange, I thought dwarves auto forbid shot ammo.
Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1869 on: July 07, 2011, 09:28:57 am »

Thats strange, I thought dwarves auto forbid shot ammo.

i think it's more of a "the dwarf tried to hit the deer with the crossbow in melee"
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: July 07, 2011, 03:31:09 pm »

Sincerely,
GreatWyrmGold, Ovrsr.

Has fainting been implemented on the sly?
No. I think what happened was: Haul item to tomb job got canceled, dwarf got tired, I didn't have dorm/bedrooms set up yet so the dwarf fell asleep right there...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Zaphod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: July 08, 2011, 12:21:55 am »

Dear Urist Mc medicaldwarf,

I know you were only drafted as our head medical dwarf because you once took a class on cpr, so we don't expect you to work miracles. But please to not take a 3 day break from your duties immediately after a goblin siege. Then proceed to complain that there aren't enough statues in you're bed room while one our most valuable soldiers dies from an infected paper cut.

PS.
I will kill you if you let this infinitly more valuable dwarf die.

Love and kisses,

Armok: The God of blood.
I only play legends mode

I also play on the longest history setting for hard mode.

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: July 08, 2011, 12:32:45 am »

Dear dwarves:

You know there's a terrifying necrotic disease going around the fort. You know that it came from that horrible, horrible chickadee monster — the doctors have their observations. You know that there are pools of extract around. Why can't you put it all together and

a) avoid the damned puddles
b) clean up the damned puddles
c) be quicker with the damned surgery!

I'm surprised there's anything left of any of your feet!

This is almost too horrifying to bear. And, c'mon, doctors .... get your colleagues on their feet first. The farmers and children can wait!
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Kay12

• Bay Watcher
  • Fighting for Elite Liberal values since 2009!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: July 08, 2011, 01:58:11 am »

Dear Dwarves in the military:

You are enraged about long patrol duty, but have you even realized that you got the nicest jobs in the entire fortress? You don't farm, you don't toil, you get food and drink and I'm even making sure it's of high quality! You get to sleep in an area restricted from others, you have fancy equipment while some of the civilians lack even basic clothing. The entire fortress is adequately defended by traps, so the only thing I really expect you to do is to kill disarmed goblin prisoners (something you seem to enjoy) and spar every once in a while.

If you find your military jobs uncomfortable, I can arrange you jobs at the carp vats. Just be careful not to pull the "fill vat" lever while inside.
Try Liberal Crime Squad, an excellent Liberal Crime adventure game by Toady One and the open source community!
LCS in SourceForge - LCS Wiki - Forum thread for 4.04

TheOddDemon

• Bay Watcher
  • Burn Baby Burn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: July 08, 2011, 02:51:45 pm »

Dear Urist Mcmayor:

I know you have a lot to do. We all do. But you have an arrow in your head. Don't you think you should get that checked?

Dear Urist Mcfisherdwarf:

The gorillas that come by the river each year are not friendly. They will kill you, as they have killed the other three fishers right in front of you. So please stop sitting there and move.

Dear Urist Mccaptain:

You have a bedroom fit for a king. You have a personal dining room filled with masterwork furniture. You are friends with almost everyone in the fortress. So it's pretty selfish to still be "very unhappy". If this continues, you will be sent to explore the caverns.

Best regards,

Your Demon Overlord.
I eat dead people.
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 504