Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 504

Author Topic: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves  (Read 1490889 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Note to Urist--In which you express your frustration to your dwarves
« Reply #3420 on: April 26, 2012, 06:24:10 am »

To the dwarves of Sabreheals and New Sabreheals:

I'm surprised you're all so happy given we have NO food.

Keep up the morale guys, the farmers will have a great haul soon!

-Reudh

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: April 26, 2012, 07:33:47 am »

to:

squaddies and bros all alike

please,

I know there is this nice sword just detached from an enemy goblin by a sword, but it's no reason to leave training and more so is not a reason to go pick it up, specially as it lies out of the currently assigned burrow

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: April 26, 2012, 08:21:20 am »

To the (remaining) dwarves of Inchcanyon;

Congratulations, you tantrummed and beserked from 230-odd dwarves to an even 40 in the span of a year.  A new personal best.  When the remainder of you are finished clearing the corpses away, please get to work on building coffins and megaproject tasks.

Sincerely;

The Overlordseer

krg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: April 26, 2012, 08:33:49 pm »

Dear Worldgen,

This is in regards to my fine fortress that I am running currently.

Why is cavern layer two located roughly at level 8, cavern layer 3 is at roughly level -10 and I didn't hit SMR until level -23?
I seriously would like to have a good source of magma around here somewhere, hopefully i will find it, but I don't have much hope for that. Anyway, when genning a random world, volcanoes are very welcome.

The one that tells you what to do, (to an extent)
Krg
Goblins == Child Protective Services.
Why else would they come and 'kidnap' them?
Child Protection Services would go into apoplexy get murdered with MAGMA if they found themselves inside DF.
My Sig
will grow.(hopefully) growing, mwahahahaha

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: April 27, 2012, 05:02:26 am »

Dear Urist McBadMarksdwarf,

I told your squad to go attack the wild bunnies as target practice. So you can guess why I'm a little nonplussed when I find that 1) you attempted to beat them instead, 2) you failed to beat them, and 3) you now have a leg bending the wrong direction and your teeth scattered across the countryside.

The reports from your squadmates indicate that you rushed up to the rabbit, took a single clumsy grab at it (probably proclaiming "PET THE BUNNY!"), and got yourself kicked four times in quick succession.

Heal up, then get out there for more 'target' practice. I just hope you don't enjoy the local population of badgers as much.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #3425 on: April 27, 2012, 09:05:33 am »

Dear Urist McBadMarksdwarf,

I told your squad to go attack the wild bunnies as target practice. So you can guess why I'm a little nonplussed when I find that 1) you attempted to beat them instead, 2) you failed to beat them, and 3) you now have a leg bending the wrong direction and your teeth scattered across the countryside.

The reports from your squadmates indicate that you rushed up to the rabbit, took a single clumsy grab at it (probably proclaiming "PET THE BUNNY!"), and got yourself kicked four times in quick succession.

Heal up, then get out there for more 'target' practice. I just hope you don't enjoy the local population of badgers as much.

"Come back here, you cowards! Dorfs aren't dangerous!" (A masterwork adamantine mace to anyone who gets this reference.)
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: April 27, 2012, 09:42:01 am »

"Come back here, you cowards! Dorfs aren't dangerous!" (A masterwork adamantine mace to anyone who gets this reference.)
Watership Down.

Dear Various dead and/or wounded Urists who fell off the scaffolding when I forgot that causing cave-ins on a higher level causes effects on lower levels:

Oops, my bad.

Sincerely,
Your Overseer.

P.S. No tantrum spiral? Please?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 09:57:08 am by Callista »

Manae

• Bay Watcher
  • Smile
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: April 27, 2012, 02:40:51 pm »

Dear Overseer Callista:

Some masterfully engraved and tastefully arranged slabs with some time off to stare at 'em and we'll see.

Sincerely,
Survivors

Count Dorku

• Bay Watcher
  • Sounds Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: April 27, 2012, 03:24:23 pm »

Dear stonecrafter:

I realise that, due to the necessity of a solid defensive layout, you were annoyed to spend so long outside before I managed to get far enough inside to begin building bedrooms, chairs or tables. Similarly, I realise that the theft of a masterwork mug must have been frustrating after all the time you spent on it.

But why in the name of all that's holy did you throw a tantrum and kick the chicken over it? You're just lucky you didn't deal any harm to our supply of precious, precious eggs and, in a year or three, butcherable full-grown chickens.

Yours sincerely,
Overseer Dorku
"when in doubt, Magma"

Miners are diggin out nicely, everything will go right, i hope. hell, what am i even saying? this is dwarf fortress. it wont go right.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: April 27, 2012, 04:03:20 pm »

Dear dwarves,

If you're so frustrated about how our meat stockpile disapears in two minutes and about our drink stockpile doing the same thing, don't make a new mouth to feed every 10 seconds!

Scincerly, overseer apperantly in need of a daycare center/execution room.

Edit: A dwarf actually named Urist just gave birth to a girl, that makes 4 in the last month.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:09:55 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: April 28, 2012, 08:40:34 am »

Dear Potash Maker:

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE THE SECRETIVE DWARF?

Now I'm going to have a LEGENDARY FREAKING POTASH MAKER and a useless artifact to boot?

Go to hell.

~Your Loving Overseer

(edit: At least he appears to be using a cat to complete his construction. That is however only a small redeeming factor.)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:42:33 am by ObeseHelmet »

krg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: April 28, 2012, 08:44:28 am »

Dear Urist McLowLevelMiner,

You are digging through an area with SMR surrounding it, you dont need to tell me the stone is warm every few squares. Of course it is warm, IT'S SEMI MOLTEN!!

Now, if you find wet stone, maybe. Cold stone, definitely let me know. Till then, shut up.

Krg
Goblins == Child Protective Services.
Why else would they come and 'kidnap' them?
Child Protection Services would go into apoplexy get murdered with MAGMA if they found themselves inside DF.
My Sig
will grow.(hopefully) growing, mwahahahaha

ObeseHelmet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: April 28, 2012, 08:46:58 am »

Dear Potash Maker:

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO BE THE SECRETIVE DWARF?

Now I'm going to have a LEGENDARY FREAKING POTASH MAKER and a useless artifact to boot?

Go to hell.

~Your Loving Overseer

(edit: At least he appears to be using a cat to complete his construction. That is however only a small redeeming factor.)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And he's now a legendary stone crafter, not potash maker. Whew.

He sure likes quartzite though.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: April 28, 2012, 11:18:11 am »

potash making isn't a moodable skill and he'd resort to one of the crafts instead
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: April 28, 2012, 01:29:23 pm »

It'd be hilarious if it was, though. Artifact-grade potash would certainly be interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 504